Chelsea 1-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

Fair enough, but the question is why did AVB select him to train with the first team ahead of the many players you and many others seem to think are on the same level or even better than him?

For the same reason Torres is being started over Romelu: reputation. I'm afraid we have turned into a club where a reknowned player is prefered over a more skillful squad member. We would rather give oriol a chance because he came from Barcelona before Josh because he is a homegrown talent.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the same reason Torres is being started over Romelu: reputation. I'm afraid we have turned into a club where a reknowned player is prefered over a more skillful squad member. We would rather give oriol a chance because he came from Barcelona before Josh because he is a homegrown talent.

To be fair Torres is better than Romelu, i just want Romelu to start because he has new ideas where Torres is going to be the same thing, and the only way to fix it is going to be getting new players, he will be benched for a bit, then come back and start playing good, but only for about 3 games.

Torres has a much better technical abillity, Romelu must work on his.

I think it makes sense that the portoguese and spanish speaking players are on AVB's side..

Anyone else find it totally f*cked up that we have to talk about sides in our team? :doh:

It's like in Real Madrid. Jose Mourinho allegedly favours his Portuguese and the Spanish aren't happy. It seems that here the Portuguese and Brazilians are happy, but English, French (one now, Anelka got kicked already) and African seem rather unhappy. It's a shame if AVB is nationally biased.

To be fair Torres is better than Romelu, i just want Romelu to start because he has new ideas where Torres is going to be the same thing, and the only way to fix it is going to be getting new players, he will be benched for a bit, then come back and start playing good, but only for about 3 games.

Torres has a much better technical abillity, Romelu must work on his.

Yes torres has better technical ability over Romelu, heck I'd even argue he has better technical ability over most of the Leagues strikers. But romelu has the instinct ( as he showed against Everton) and the desire to make him much more likely to score goals-the objective of every striker.

Yes torres has better technical ability over Romelu, heck I'd even argue he has better technical ability over most of the Leagues strikers. But romelu has the instinct ( as he showed against Everton) and the desire to make him much more likely to score goals-the objective of every striker.

Well that's what i meant by new ideas, but AVB seems to want a forward who can pass and cross etc, not just be on the run to score goals, Lukaku must play this upcoming game however, be good for him if he scores.

Lukaku can't play against Napoli, so give him some decent amount of minutes. Otherwise he's without first team football for over 2 weeks.

I think he can actually. There were reports that he had been added to the CL squad for the knockout stage. But nothing official so it's not 100% certain. Since Anelka was removed, I'm guessing Lukaku was definitely included.

start with

chech

ivan-luiz-Cahil-Bertran

Lampard-romeu

piazon-mata-Malouda

Sturridge

If kalou is healthy start him instead of Piazon. if things are going good then. Lukaku for Sturridge, and Mata should also be sub'd

Starting Lukaku is a no brainer. If you think about it, there's absolutely no risk in playing him. He can go 20 games without scoring and he'd have done just as well as our first choice striker.

Actually he would have been better because he cost way less than our first choice striker. Its actually crazy if you think about it.

This game should be very, very interesting. After all what happened since the Everton game, we will see if there's truly a cleavage in the squad, between André, the players who are backing him, and the dick heads who think they are better than him. I think I'll be more focused on the players' behavior than on the game itself. If we witness some players blatantly showing their disinterest (or should I say, their opposition) toward the manager, we must point them out and start a virulent "[enter the name of the player] out" campaign.