Chelsea 1-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

There's only 1 reason to start Torres and that's the fact that he should be able to score against a Champinship defence and if we get a confident Torres for the last 10 games or so, we'll be better off for the run in. He might just click one day.

I would start Lukaku though. Or even both, play 2 up front.

He failed to score against sides like Pompey and the Wolves. He's done at Chelsea. I'd rather focus on the future and give Lukaku some starts instead of playing a striker who has had twice as much misses than goals this season.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too easy to Focus on Torres as usual. Cole, Bosingwa, Mereiles, Lampard, Mata,.... were all shit. so we should replace all of them?

If we had alternative players, yeah, I'd also replace them (not Mata!).

But the problem with those players is, who should we replace them with?! We run out of options when it comes down to real starters. Beside of Cole/Bertrand and Bosingwa/Ivanovic I don't see anyone who should replace, for example, Lamps. But Lukaku is a player who definitively can play instead of Torres, that's why people want him to start.

Id love Lukaku to get a start and someone new to add a bit of life to an otherwise lfieless team. But given that this is the tournament we have our best chance of winning something in this season, Im guessing this will be the team.

Cech

Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole

Meireles, Essien, Lampard

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

Torres just brings down every ones moral

------------------Lukaku----------------------

Piazon----------------------------Sturridge

-------------Essien---Mata-----------

------------------Romeu-------------

Cole-------Cahill------Luiz------Ivanovic

What i would like to see

Should be able to win this game, but don't forget Birmingham are doing really well in the league, and we still need to defend well, that Zigic will cause Luiz problems in my opinion, and that Nathan Redmond is a quality player, he will no doubt be playing, he can cause us problems.

Cech

Ferreira-Cahill-Luiz-Bertrand

Meireles-Romeu-Essien (or Piazon)

Malouda-Lukaku-Mata

If Essien is truley that tired, then i would love to see Piazon play, don't care if he's only 18 be nice to see him play, and nice to see a spark in the team who can go forward from midfield, i know he's more attacking type, like CAM and sometimes plays on wings or upfront, but be nice to see him play, rather than the inconsistent Lampard who loses the ball all the time. Time to show some faith in the youth, and i'm sure Piazon can play against a Championship team. And would be wise to give Ivanovic a rest for next game, or maybe take Luiz off at halftime or something.

Too easy to Focus on Torres as usual. Cole, Bosingwa, Mereiles, Lampard, Mata,.... were all shit. so we should replace all of them?

Mata? Can't see where you got that from.

Anyways, we all agree that those players need replacing over the next year or so, but currently we don't have many alternatives. On the other hand, there is an 18yo who deserves a chance at a start and who has shown desire and determination in the numbered minutes he has featured for the club, ready to replace Torres in the starting lineup.

Mata? Can't see where you got that from.

Mata doesn't play as well as he has shown at the start of the season and his travelling all over the field makes uns easy to defend because our left wing isn't engaged most of the game. We have to bring in some new lads who lead our team because Mata isn't such a guy.

This is probably very far fetched, but I'd like to see:

Turnbull

Iva-Cahil-Luiz-Rayn

Essien

Danny- -Malouda

Mata

DD-Romelu

Drog & Lukaku? I don't think that would work, they're too similar. In a front 2 the strikers have to be different to play off each other.

Cech

Ivan - Cahill - Terry - Bertrand (Luiz if Terry isn't fit)

Essien - Meireles (or Ramires if fit)

Mata

Sturridge - Lukaku - Lalkovic (or Piazon)

just wishes. fully expect Cole, Malouda and Bosingwa to play.

Drog & Lukaku? I don't think that would work, they're too similar. In a front 2 the strikers have to be different to play off each other.

I honestly don't think that Romelu and DD are that similar other than their physical strength (and their looks perhaps). I think every one got a bit carried away with the "new drogba" comparison.

Romelu's pace could compensate Droba's lack of it, while DD can create some space for lukaku to run at defenders. Just think how hard these two would be to mark in the box..almost impossible imho.