Chelsea 1-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think that Romelu and DD are that similar other than their physical strength (and their looks perhaps). I think every one got a bit carried away with the "new drogba" comparison.

Romelu's pace could compensate Droba's lack of it, while DD can create some space for lukaku to run at defenders. Just think how hard these two would be to mark in the box..almost impossible imho.

I agree, their ability strengths lie in other aspects of their game. However they're both a 'target man', to ask Lukaku & Drogba (especially the latter) to play in the a strike partnership where they both play in the centre is a big one. What usually happens with us is.. One of them will go wide. We forced Anelka there, we force Torres there & hell even Lukaku was deployed there once. The squad is too into the '4-3-3' mind frame to try and change that immediately.

I agree, their ability strengths lie in other aspects of their game. However they're both a 'target man', to ask Lukaku & Drogba (especially the latter) to play in the a strike partnership where they both play in the centre is a big one. What usually happens with us is.. One of them will go wide. We forced Anelka there, we force Torres there & hell even Lukaku was deployed there once. The squad is too into the '4-3-3' mind frame to try and change that immediately.

Hmmm, good point there. But it works fine on FIFA! :Goober:

Hopefully Drogba and Lukaku will get time on the field. We need a decisive win here for momentum towards the Napoli game. I wouldn't even mind Kalou getting some playing time; he cant do any worse than the current lineup

Ivory coast connection will save us and prob the season!! We'll hit that stride where everything goes our way and that's usually in late march till early April. Drogba shows how essential he his to our squad and kalou starts to bag some goals.

Also This stretch just showed us why Torres can't succeed here with this current squad. It's not pass and move football that he needs. It's pass to drogba and let him do all the work. And that may be taken as a joke but it honestly isn't. He's the best when it come to strength and skill moves, nobody has that combo like him. When motivated best in world by far. When he isn't, well we know how he his. What drogs does best is get ball dodge man/ bulldoze past him and then creates advantage for us. Torres needs the miss to create thatvsdvantage for him and then he finishes off for them.

That's just my opion on the two strikers and there conflicting styles.

I honestly don't think that Romelu and DD are that similar other than their physical strength (and their looks perhaps). I think every one got a bit carried away with the "new drogba" comparison.

Romelu's pace could compensate Droba's lack of it, while DD can create some space for lukaku to run at defenders. Just think how hard these two would be to mark in the box..almost impossible imho.

Two good points in that post.