Everton 2-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful performance.

Probably the easiest three points Everton have had all season. No urgency, the majority of the second half was us playing it around the back, it was like the game didn't matter. Too slow, it's not the old players it's the whole team. We couldn't get possession in the right areas, and very few times did we get the ball into useful positions in the final third. We were limited to crosses all game, all crosses came from our full backs because we have no out and out wingers. Mata is easily so much better in the middle, Sturridge is not an out and out winger. Bosingwa cannot cross. Cech was very poor. Meireles is a passenger. Torres was isolated the whole game. Why isn't Cahill playing?? No Terry means it should be Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole. Easy decision, Boswingwa was ok today to be fair to him but still he shouldn't have started. One chance created I think in the whole of the second half? Very poor. We needed AVB to change the game, we needed to change shape, we needed another striker on the pitch. Instead he brings on Malouda? Mata did so well in the middle last week, so why put him back on the left wing? We can't break down any team who puts men behind the ball.

Cause if Lukaku starts and doesn't score goals galore then everyone complains hes only a kid

I don't think there would be any fans upset with lukaku starting over Torres. If we had a half decent striker then I'd understand to go slow with lukaku but there isn't one. Torres the donkey hasn't done anything positive at all.

Josh clearly still needs to develop, thus why he is on loan

Yea, true but would he be worse than lampard today? Or Meireles???

Cahill is on the bench because he is still only new at the club and he has to prove he is worthy of a starting spot

Anymore questions?

I think Cahill proved that he is a good player with that performance last week, don't you? Also if we are talking about players PROVING things... I think Bosingwa has PROVED time and time again that he is the worst footballer we have ever laid our eyes on, possibly bar Kalou. And even then I have to pause and think about who is worse.

I think we either need to sack avb now not in the summer if we sack him in the summer it will be the same players next year just even older. Or leave him for a few seasons if we don't get champions league football and players don't want to come because of that perhaps we wont have to pay through the roof for flops with no passion. Let the younger players come through and have ago and strengthen our team with players who just want to play for Chelsea not for glory. We just need to take this season on the chin and bare it.

Again , another dissappointing line-up and tactics from AVB resulting in another dissappointing result !

Why on earth does bosingwa start ahead of cahill and why did we ditch the 4-2-3-1 which brought the best football we have played lately .

Anyhow we have learned/confirmed new things in this game:

1. Lampard is done , finished , old and slow ... he shouldn't be starting our games anymore and as much of a legend he is but he should leave.
  2. Bosingwa on the right garauntees at least one goal per game conceeded .
  3. Ashley Cole , not just based on this game is no better than Bosingwa !! and tbh i never thought we would miss him against united and we didn't , also i am 100% sure if he faced Valencia he would have been terrorised .
  4. Torres is not gonna be back to his former-self , we need a new striker.
  5. Ivanovic's best position is not CB
  6. Mata on the wing is not as effective .
  7. Sturridge still has a long way to go before being considered a star and a match winner .
  8. Lukaku and that's just my own judgement will never be a decent player and his maximum potential is to be the next Heskey.

I Don't want even to read AVB's Stupid things after the game....

Actually, I do! I want him to explain the fuckery of our squad's mentality so I can disagree with him! ... I want him to explain whether his idea of taking 2 hardworking players off (Essien, Mata) instead of 2 clowns (Torres, Meireles) was just a gag to piss all of us supporters off, or if he thought he would half-heartedly do it because we were losing!

Becuase frankly he is not going to do much. Not with Lamprd behind you anyway.

Are you talking about lukaku? Because he did more in those 15minutes than Torres has done all season. It's not the answer to our problems, but it's a better one than playing that donkey

Are you talking about lukaku? Because he did more in those 15minutes than Torres has done all season. It's not the answer to our problems, but it's a better one than playing that donkey

He only did one thing of notice. I know we have all become desperate but don't start thinking he would suddenly make us play better. The only thing differeent is he might be clumsely bumping over opposition players.

He only did one thing of notice. I know we have all become desperate but don't start thinking he would suddenly make us play better. The only thing differeent is he might be clumsely bumping over opposition players.

And what has Torres done to deserve that starting spot?

He won't make us play better, agreed. But he'll put in more effort than Torres and go for balls that Torres can't be arsed to go for.

I don't think there would be any fans upset with lukaku starting over Torres. If we had a half decent striker then I'd understand to go slow with lukaku but there isn't one. Torres the donkey hasn't done anything positive at all.

Yea, true but would he be worse than lampard today? Or Meireles???

I think Cahill proved that he is a good player with that performance last week, don't you? Also if we are talking about players PROVING things... I think Bosingwa has PROVED time and time again that he is the worst footballer we have ever laid our eyes on, possibly bar Kalou. And even then I have to pause and think about who is worse.

I Agree with you on all these points, Cahill has proved to me and most of the fans that he's earned a starting spot but im guessing that AVB doesn't see it the same as the fans