Lucas Piazón

the wes

I agree 100% with ESK, a few people on this forum like Bluelion, Eskweston, Fulham Broadway, Ollie, must remember when we had such high hopes for players like Ben Sahar Sinclair, Miroslav stoch, and none of them had a look in.

jody morris , michael duberry ,,carlton cole ...the list is endless ...

The Reserves are short on strikers with Lalkovic away on loan and Philip injured long-term. Piazon would help.

Mitrovic and Prosenik are fighting for the starting central striker role for the reserves, they really need the game time which is why Prosenik is still playing for the youths as an overage player. Both of which would be further in their development were it not for long term injuries......

The argument about developing young players is a long and difficult one. One thing that is for sure is that the system in English football is not fully geared up for the proper development of young players. One thing is for sure, Piazon or whatever young players come in have a very tough job of fighting their way into the Chelsea first team. It will be interesting to see how AVB deals with this over the season.

If i was Josh and i seen us sign a 25 year old Luka Modric i would ask myself a few questions. We did not give Stoch a chance because of Kalou, we did not give Ben Sahar a chance because of Pizzaro. We need to straighten out our priorities at this club pronto.

If I were Josh and I see us sign Luka Modric, I would ask myself the following questions:

1. How do I not end up like Stoch or Sahar?

which leads to

2. How do I get better than Luka Modric?

Stoch could never compare with Josh, even when he was at Twente.

Different positions for a start. But Mirolav's ability was there for all to see, even when given a chance in the first team he impressed. This is a point we are failing on, if the players are not good enough to contribute to our first team then fine. But if they have shown that they can make an impact we need to give them every oppertunity to do that and improve. We will NEVER come across a 17 to 20 year old from our ranks who is going to go into the first team and dominate a game every week, which seems to be the expectation at the moment. Realism, patience and understading is needed to develop these youngsters.

Your absolutely right, it is a constant trend and mainly a problem with the english set up. Players will be top class at youth level, spend the first season of reserves on fire and then it is like they don't know what to do with them, they don't get enough games, the loan system is 50/50 with how much benefit it can give. Only Fergie manages to get his players in good teams and played no matter what their performances are like, Wellbeck at Sunderland last year is a good example. So many players with huge potential see that potential dwindle due to lack of appropriate development between the ages of 18 and 20. Kakuta is another example of that. We need to be braver with our young players, they are never going to come into the CFC starting 11 and dominate a game, could McEachran do anymore to show how he is no where near out place in the first team and has a lot to offer, but still he is overlooked. Either clubs should be allowed to play reserves teams in league football like spain or there needs to be a full U21's league set up with an appropriate number of games played to mirror the first team.

Superb post, couldn't agree more, especially on the emboldened part. The gap between the first and reserve teams is ridiculous.

Lucas Piazon ready for life at Chelsea

http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/esporte/lucas-piazon-segunda-feira-vida-nova-no-chelsea (on portugase)

google translate

The next Monday, at 9:30 am, Piazon Lucas, 17, begins to train full time at CT Cobham, Chelsea as a player in the lower grades of the club. He has four months ahead of schedule by a decision of the club. In the first weekend of August, he flew with his father to London for a meeting with the director of football, Michael Emenalo, on Tuesday the 9th of August. He signed the contract for six years and attended another special calling: the Portuguese coach, Andre Villas-Boas, wanted to meet him. Promptly answered, talked a little dry and the question came: "You do not want to train today?" The response also dry: "I did not bring his shoe." Problem solved with a number 39 pair of shoes donated by the club and entered one of Lucas Piazon 32 Chelsea's training camps to work together with players like Anelka, Josh McEachran, Kalou, Sturridge - other star players such as Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Ramires and David Luiz were in the service of the selections of their countries.

"The training is quite different. The field is very small and we work one-touch passes, "says the young man a little cramped, no wonder. Remembering the features of Kaka when young and sometimes even the actor Ashton Kutcher, Luke has a clear head that this opportunity to go to London ahead of schedule can mean the teams play a few games when leading turns 18 in January. "In the basic categories will give me to get used to the pace and style of the English game, but work very physical. I will be less charged now, I'm sure. And when in January I will have four months of intense physical labor. "

With the player is considered an Italian passport of the European community and will be integrated into the Chelsea team-based, with whom he trained at the beginning of the month. "That Tuesday I trained with first team, but the next day I came into camp with the team base. We did more training grounds, and I was more comfortable with the group, although some players a little older. "

Enio Cesar

The player Piazon Luke and Mary, his girlfriend

Luke and Mary, now, internet dating

In fact, Chelsea Lucas wanted, 1.82 meters and 69 kg, purchased by the Sao Paulo for about 8 million euros (approximately 18.5 million dollars), has stayed in London to join the team permanently. He asked for two more weeks to "define" his life here and now embarks to London on Friday night. To live in a hotel near the club and the family will at the end of the year of change. "I think it will help me a lot with everyone there," says the boy with an air of those who do not have full extent of what's happening in your life.

In January must land in the British capital's mother Elizabeth, a lawyer, and her younger sister, Juliana, 13. His father, Antonio Carlos, sales representative law degree, should follow later. The whole family will be dedicated to letting Lucas totally focused on football. Maria Montoro's girlfriend, also 17, for now will have to be content to watch and listen to Luke on the Internet. The two know that the time is dedicated to Luke and swimsuits quickly as possible to acclimatise to the English style of living and working in the Premier League.

"I like English football, I'm happy to go to Chelsea and in my mind I see myself playing there until about 30, 31 years, making it even though," he says casually, as one prepares for change carefully, knowing any difficulties that may arise.

The first barrier should not be too large, the language. Luke already speaks English fairly, but want to improve, do not want to be part of anything that happens around them. Family support arrives in January and there will be time to move house. "One thing I like is to have space at home, I feel more freedom."

Even without thinking about big cars and luxury vehicles, aircraft and vessels, typical items from the fields of stars - in the parking lot of the CT Chelsea about Ferraris, Porsches and other super sports - knows that soon will have to learn to drive to go to training, in a region away from central London. "I never bothered much with it. But if one wanted a small car, because London has many narrow streets, "he says without much enthusiasm, the British think of the traffic.

"I have big dreams or objects of desire," he says, with a clock "big size" of the Dutch brand TW Steel in his right wrist, and confesses that she loves to buy belts, several brands and styles. "But I'm not very tidy, except when I go to parties."

Dream does not confessed but logical is to wear the senior team and play in the World Cup, after which everything flows after turning professional football. The first tip is how you will use your name in the Chelsea shirt. "I do not want just Piazon, it may seem foreign. Luke wanted to put Piazon to let everyone know that I am Brazilian. "

We are naming all these youth players but reality is most of them were not good enough anyway.

Stoch did not get chucked out, he left because he was not prepared to come back and fight for his place, he wanted to be the big fish in the small pond and we can without those type of players.

Ben Sahar looked more out of his depth in the premier league than Ian Beale does in a fight, there was a reason he never even got a look in at Pompey. Di Santo was never convincing, even on youtube he looks shit and if you cant look good on youtube you really have no hope. Sinclair again his level is the championship, Huth got chances under Jose but never really grabbed them. Mancienne was too inconsistent.

If there good enough and are determined enough they will make it but there hasnt been enough of them.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I guess he's smart, I saw some U-17 games and he did well and on others that can be seen in this quote of wikipedia (pt.wikipedia):

"Em agosto, na disputa da

Manchester United Premier Cup, a fase internacional da Copa Nike, na primeira partida, contra o Manchester United marcou um na vitória do tricolor por 3 a 0. Depois, voltou a marcar nos 5 a 2 contra o Gamba Osaka, passou em branco na derrota por 2 a 1 contra o Paris Saint Germain e marcou o gol de honra nos 2 a 1 sofridos ante o Arsenal.[1]

Mesmo com duas vitórias e duas derrotas, o São Paulo avançou ao mata-mata, fase em que enfrentou e derrotou o

Atlético de Madrid por 3 a 0, com mais dois gols de Lucas. Na sequência, contra o Right to Dreams, de Gana, Piazon passou em branco na vitória por 2 a 0. Na final contra o Werder Bremen, Lucas Não marcou mas o São Paulo foi campeão.[1]"

Translation:

"In August, the contention of the Manchester United Premier Cup, the international phase of the Nike Cup, the first match, against Manchester United he scored one in the victory of the tricolor (São Paulo FC) by 3-0.

:Goober: Then scored again in the 5-2 against Gamba Osaka, went blank in the defeat by 2-1 against Paris Saint Germain and scored the honor in the 2-1 suffered against Arsenal. [1] :Goober:

Even with two wins and two losses, the São Paulo FC advanced to the knockout phase, which has faced and defeated Atletico Madrid 3-0 with two goals from Lucas. Further, against the Right to Dreams, Ghana, Piazon didn't score in the victory 2-0. In the final against Werder Bremen, Lucas didn't score but São Paulo was the champion. [1] "

I think he's got the spirit!

:D

• 3 weeks later...