Lucas Piazón

the wes

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea most mysterious signing Lucas Piazon will move to London and join Chelsea at the beginning of September.

The 17 year old is currently in the south of Brazil in Curitiba to enjoy his holydays. He and his whole Family will move to London at the beginning of next month when he has to report for training at Chelsea.

It is still unclear at which level he will train nevertheless he will only be eligible to play next January when his contract

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/23157_lucas_piazon_at_chelsea_beginning_of_september.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Interesting that they will have him at Cobham until January, i guess at least it gives him time to get used to a change of country and used to the way of training and the team. I would imagine that he will be training mostly with the first team, as he will not be able to play till january it will be the best thing for him.,

I remember Pato was training with Milan before he was eligible to play for them as well.

I don't quite think Piazon is going to be a first team player this season though. I think he's going to be with the reserves. He hasn't even played a senior game n his career so it would be amazing for him to come in and just go straight into the first team.

I remember Pato was training with Milan before he was eligible to play for them as well.

I don't quite think Piazon is going to be a first team player this season though. I think he's going to be with the reserves. He hasn't even played a senior game n his career so it would be amazing for him to come in and just go straight into the first team.

I am sure that is most likely, although whilst he waits to be able to play a game he is much much better off training with the first team, as he already been seen to be doing. And who knows, he may impress enough to be given a chance or 2 with the first team.

I am sure that is most likely, although whilst he waits to be able to play a game he is much much better off training with the first team, as he already been seen to be doing. And who knows, he may impress enough to be given a chance or 2 with the first team.

Oh definitely without doubt. Training with the first team is an important part of a young players development. I'd imagine doing well in training alongside top talent would improve their confidence no end.

In fact I'm guessing Piazon did impress at Cobham when he was there recently which may have sped things up because it looked like he was going to go back home until the day he signed.

I'm aware that he isn't contracted, but he will be allowed to play in behind-closed-doors friendlies should the club wish to arrange one, I believe. I believe he will probably spend time amongst the Reserves for the rest of this season, however, since we will be two strikers down one striker down because of the Cup of Nations, he may potentially get some playing time in the FA Cup, for instance.

I'm aware that he isn't contracted, but he will be allowed to play in behind-closed-doors friendlies should the club wish to arrange one, I believe. I believe he will probably spend time amongst the Reserves for the rest of this season, however, since we will be two strikers down one striker down because of the Cup of Nations, he may potentially get some playing time in the FA Cup, for instance.

Yes, he will be able to play in any friendly game Chelsea may arrange. It will be interesting to see what happens with him, he is very much an unknown quantity. He played very well during the summer for Brazil and it will be his ability to transfer that form into not only a full adults game but also to a different type of football. Will be tough for him.

I'd be very, very, surprised if we see him make an outing for the first team this season at all.

Admire the optimism though, hope you're right!

I don't think we have anything to lose by giving him a run out... I'd say it's worth it, just to see what the hype is about. I've not seen him play besides YouTube videos, but from what I have heard he strikes me as an exciting prospect. Personally I'm fed up of seeing quality players with endless potential being wasted here, largely because of the time they spend rotting in the reserves, such as di Santo. Granted Franco has hardly set the league alight at Wigan and Blackburn, but he started his career here like a house on fire and suddenly stagnated by being dumped in the reserve team when he clearly should have been given minutes.

Your absolutely right, it is a constant trend and mainly a problem with the english set up. Players will be top class at youth level, spend the first season of reserves on fire and then it is like they don't know what to do with them, they don't get enough games, the loan system is 50/50 with how much benefit it can give. Only Fergie manages to get his players in good teams and played no matter what their performances are like, Wellbeck at Sunderland last year is a good example. So many players with huge potential see that potential dwindle due to lack of appropriate development between the ages of 18 and 20. Kakuta is another example of that. We need to be braver with our young players, they are never going to come into the CFC starting 11 and dominate a game, could McEachran do anymore to show how he is no where near out place in the first team and has a lot to offer, but still he is overlooked. Either clubs should be allowed to play reserves teams in league football like spain or there needs to be a full U21's league set up with an appropriate number of games played to mirror the first team.

Well said :clap:

I agree 100% with ESK, a few people on this forum like Bluelion, Eskweston, Fulham Broadway, Ollie, must remember when we had such high hopes for players like Ben Sahar Sinclair, Miroslav stoch, and none of them had a look in.

If i was Josh and i seen us sign a 25 year old Luka Modric i would ask myself a few questions. We did not give Stoch a chance because of Kalou, we did not give Ben Sahar a chance because of Pizzaro. We need to straighten out our priorities at this club pronto.