Lucas Piazón

the wes

I think a reality check is needed. Or less time spent on FM/PES.

I'll admit I got a bit carried away with all the "kaka" comparisons but I will have to save my judgment for later on when he actually plays a game for us.

had pleasure of watching new chelsea recruit lucas piazon at the u17 sudamericano in ecuador. great player but talk of "new kaka" nonsense

the kaka thing probably originates from physical resemblance (face) than playing style, lucas is (currently) an all round forward

might eventually end up as a cfwd, right now (early development) he likes to roam. powerful, intelligent, excellent technique, movement

cultured, quality in everything he does (passing, finishing, link-up play, decisions) - potential unquestionable

http://twitter.com/karlsentk

While the ludicrous Di Santo the new Maradona claim (whichever journalist came to that conclusion should be sacked) has made people wary of these dubbed the new (fill blank here) predictions, but ive seen him a couple of times and he looks preety special.

The Kaka comparisons are a bit extreme at the moment but mix the fact that he is from Sao Paulo, looks a bit like him, plays with freedom and is signed by Carlo Ancelotti there is naturally going to be a few murmurings.

Given the low price tag £5m could rise to £10m based on appearances and progress, if he turns as good as his potential we have a world class player for next to nothing (in this current market) so i see it as a win win as £5m these days aint that much of a risk because if he "does a Sinclair" we could probally sell him on at a profit (although im sure it wont come to that) but if he pays off we could be sitting here with a world class player for peanuts while our rivals are fighting out over a £40m rated player.

In short we could be sitting here laughing.

Shut up. Think about it. Who else we gonna have when Lamps and Essien is gone. We need attacking/creative midfielders and that's what they are.

You're wanking over random 17 year old midfielders establishing themselves in one of Europe's top 5 teams. I'm not even going to have this discussion.

He must have the ability, but thier are alot of factors on whether he will make it at the very top level. Being young and coming half way across the world will be a culture shock to him. Plus off the field nowdays is important for young players, lets hope they don't let Ashley Cole look after him!!!!!

Could Piazon and McEachran be a irresistible dynamic midfield duo? Possibly with Hamsik in there too :D

How dare you dream about the future !!!:)

Gatusso and Pirlo are Carlo's summer transfer targets.

He must have the ability, but thier are alot of factors on whether he will make it at the very top level. Being young and coming half way across the world will be a culture shock to him. Plus off the field nowdays is important for young players, lets hope they don't let Ashley Cole look after him!!!!!

Cashley will hook him up with a fit blonde or two,don't you worry about that.

Chelsea has signed a lot of young talentet players who did`nt made it at the academy, so let us hold our horses. Carlos got

an brasilism, personally i think we got enough players from Brasil now. I dont think its healthy for the team spirit when its

dominated by players from one country, at least not when things a going wrong - the french connection anybody?. I think we

should be more focused on defence and midfield in the future. The day Lampard and Terry end there careers, what then?.

Excellent deal for us and something of a Landmark, signing a young talented brazilian straight from Brazil.

What have signed though is potential, that is all you sign when you sign a young player or you are trying to bring through a youngster, there is no gurantees. It is down to the club, manager and coaches to realise that potential. Unfortunately at the moment we have not good a good record on that score but that could very easily change in the near future.