Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

I hope he extends his contract beyond 2017 and goes on prem loan in summer, so we can sell him for a good price. It is sad tho that this guy has no future here. He is born to score goals and also seems to be an ambittious yet down-to-earth lad.

perhaps he should change his name to Patricio Bamfordini :halo:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

perhaps he should change his name to Patricio Bamfordini :halo:

Italian? no way that would help. Actually being quality, english, homegrown and not on a high salary should suffice to have him at cfc given our paper thin squad and homegrown quota.

But given our fable for average Brazilian players, Bamfordinho could be an option.

Swansea needs a player like bamford...

Gomis, while can hold up the ball, really doesn't take advangtages of all the opportunities he gets.. Good team for bamford to go for his next progression.

• 2 weeks later...

And how many minutes has Remy played? If Bamford has those minutes that is just a season wasted.

I know I've already answered your comment but I was browsing statistics and something came to my mind:

Zouma has played 714 minutes(around 8 matches) in his 20 appearances - so he played easily less than Rémy. Still, I don't think it has been a wasted season for him. He seems to become more confident each time he plays. Last summer most of us were not even sure if he stays at Chelsea but now he is a reliable squad member and next season he's probably going to play more.

I just hope the same thing can happen to Bamford.

I know I've already answered your comment but I was browsing statistics and something came to my mind:

Zouma has played 714 minutes(around 8 matches) in his 20 appearances - so he played easily less than Rémy. Still, I don't think it has been a wasted season for him. He seems to become more confident each time he plays. Last summer most of us were not even sure if he stays at Chelsea but now he is a reliable squad member and next season he's probably going to play more.

I just hope the same thing can happen to Bamford.

But I do wonder, if Cahill hadn't been so calamitous defensively, how many minutes would Zouma have gotten? Let's not forget, it practically took Mourinho until a 5-3 defeat to actually drop Cahill and play Zouma instead.

But I do wonder, if Cahill hadn't been so calamitous defensively, how many minutes would Zouma have gotten? Let's not forget, it practically took Mourinho until a 5-3 defeat to actually drop Cahill and play Zouma instead.

Fair point but I don't think Mourinho's decision is based on one single game. Zouma probably had to catch the rhythm in the first few months. His six games in the CL/COC and his 45 minutes against Spurs showed that he is ready to feature more. Mourinho must love his attitude and his training work too. Zouma proved that a young player's fight for his spot could be succesful.

Fair point but I don't think Mourinho's decision is based on one single game. Zouma probably had to catch the rhythm in the first few months. His six games in the CL/COC and his 45 minutes against Spurs showed that he is ready to feature more. Mourinho must love his attitude and his training work too. Zouma proved that a young player's fight for his spot could be succesful.

Perhaps so but if that was really the case, then he would have played Zouma much earlier already and I don't mean just in the League Cup and/or Champions League matches. Cahill's mistakes already happened long before that game at White Hart Lane and if I remember correctly, Zouma only played the second half against Spurs at the Bridge because Cahill picked up a knock to his head in the first period.

Perhaps so but if that was really the case, then he would have played Zouma much earlier already and I don't mean just in the League Cup and/or Champions League matches. Cahill's mistakes already happened long before that game at White Hart Lane and if I remember correctly, Zouma only played the second half against Spurs at the Bridge because Cahill picked up a knock to his head in the first period.

I think Zouma needed more tactical work early on tbh. He was always out of place in pre season but it seems like he has been working on that.

He's not even playing striker for Middlesborough, why people think he is now capable of playing that role for Chelsea is well beyond me. What needs to happen to him next season is he gets loaned to a club who will offer him a commitment to play CF. Once he has a season under his belt then he can be in the running for a Chelsea squad player role. No need to rush him, its not like he actually qualifies as an academy player either he's a product of the Nottingham Forest academy.