Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hes at the age where he needs to make an impression. And we all know that unless the teams manager likes the look of him and they get on hes not going to make it in the 1st team. Hes got a good scoring average this year and last and with some more games could be a 20 goals player. A year in the premiership with Boro will do him no harm at all but I hope our management is keeping in touch with him and keeping him thinking about us in his future.

But yes it will do him good another year with Boro in the premiership.

loan to epl club will be the goal next season, where he can be a starter.

He will be in a win win situation. If Boro go up he will either sign for them or remain on loan, if they don't go up he comes to the PL anyway.

Cards on the table from me.....Boro go up and he signs for them.

Can't see what benefit we would get from selling him to Boro if they get promoted. He's still young and has been improving every season, sure he might need a pl loan before joining the first team (altough I woulnd't mind having him here as 2nd/3rd striker next season), but we shouldn't have to be in a rush to sell him. We will need more English/homegrown players in the future and he could become very valuable in that aspect aswell.

Can't see what benefit we would get from selling him to Boro if they get promoted. He's still young and has been improving every season, sure he might need a pl loan before joining the first team (altough I woulnd't mind having him here as 2nd/3rd striker next season), but we shouldn't have to be in a rush to sell him. We will need more English/homegrown players in the future and he could become very valuable in that aspect aswell.

I can see Remy still being here next season, and if PB was to come back they would be battling out after Costa. PB has already said he doesn't want to be a bench player and that he just wants to play football. Can't argue with that really, he's a regular at Boro, scoring goals and actually loves living in Yarm. All the ingredients are there for the lad, he's a great talent, and with the cash boost Boro would get for promotion, plus the backing of Steve Gibson, this move isn't as far fetched as some think.

I can see Remy still being here next season, and if PB was to come back they would be battling out after Costa. PB has already said he doesn't want to be a bench player and that he just wants to play football. Can't argue with that really, he's a regular at Boro, scoring goals and actually loves living in Yarm. All the ingredients are there for the lad, he's a great talent, and with the cash boost Boro would get for promotion, plus the backing of Steve Gibson, this move isn't as far fetched as some think.

I can perfectly understand that he wants to be first choice, especially at his age. But why would Chelsea feel the need to sell him so soon? Another loan at Boro or another pl club next season might raise his price even further or even give José something to think about for the seasons ahead.

But I guess it's up to him aswell, in the end he might want to stay at a club and not be part of the whole loan-merry-go-round, just don't want this to become a situation were he ends up playing for one of our rivals in the future instead.

I can perfectly understand that he wants to be first choice, especially at his age. But why would Chelsea feel the need to sell him so soon? Another loan at Boro or another pl club next season might raise his price even further or even give José something to think about for the seasons ahead.

But I guess it's up to him aswell, in the end he might want stay at a club and not be part of the whole loan-merry-go-round, just don't want this to become a situation were he ends up playing for one of our rivals in the future instead.

I don't honestly see where he fits in, Costa was bought for the long haul here and we are always known for going out and making purchases if needed. I don't think it will pan out any different with Bamford in all honesty.

I don't honestly see where he fits in, Costa was bought for the long haul here and we are always known for going out and making purchases if needed. I don't think it will pan out any different with Bamford in all honesty.

I can see your point. It's just a shame, as I stated earlier we will be in need of quality homegrown/english players and he would surely fit the bill if he would be ok with being 2nd choice behind Diego.

But still, I don't understand the rush to sell him when he can get a pl loan or two under his belt and possibly raise his price tag even further.

I still hope he'll either be here as 2nd/3rd striker or at a pl loan next season, altough I should probably not get my hopes up.

I can see your point. It's just a shame, as I stated earlier we will be in need of quality homegrown/english players and he would surely fit the bill if he would be ok with being 2nd choice behind Diego.

But still, I don't understand the rush to sell him when he can get a pl loan or two under his belt and possibly raise his price tag even further.

I still hope he'll either be here as 2nd/3rd striker or at a pl loan next season, altough I should probably not get my hopes up.

I don't think there will be a 'rush' mate, it will happen because all three parties think it's right for the lad, at the right time. Bringing him back here to play back just totally stagnates his progression for me, and that's not right for the lad. If we have zero visions of him even threatening Costa it shouldn't even be in our remit to bring him back. I don't think he would even accept a second fiddle role, we play with a single striker, and whilst he would get chances it wouldn't be enough...weigh that up with how much football he would get say at a promoted Boro side.

I don't think there will be a 'rush' mate, it will happen because all three parties think it's right for the lad, at the right time. Bringing him back here to play back just totally stagnates his progression for me, and that's not right for the lad. If we have zero visions of him even threatening Costa it shouldn't even be in our remit to bring him back. I don't think he would even accept a second fiddle role, we play with a single striker, and whilst he would get chances it wouldn't be enough...weigh that up with how much football he would get say at a promoted Boro side.

I completely agree with the part of him probably not getting much game time here. I am just a bit sceptical to us selling him this summer instead of giving him a pl loan (preferably at Boro) which could result in us getting more money for him later on.

I am curious how much we would get if we were to sell him to Boro this summer, as you said they will probably have a decent amount to spend if they get promotion.

I don't understand how selling, a player that has passed every test thrown at him, a natural born goalscorer and homegrown, benefits us. Some maybe getting carried away with our recent activities in the transfer market. We don't always have to sell every bright, talented youngsters.

I don't understand why we should go out and buy a new striker. Costa, Remy and Bamford would be the perfect trio for our attack. Remy is more than capable of being the 2nd striker at Chelsea whilst Bamford would get to train and occasionally play with our big stars. He would be under the management of Mourinho, Drogba and Eva, what else can a 20-year old kid ask?

Loans can be beneficial but they can also be destructive. With the money going around in the game these days, the clubs will be constantly looking at players as assets and a kid who isn't even part of the club certainly has not got the priority at that club. What if next year he is loaned to a club like West Brom where they then decide to play their own striker, what is that going to do to Bamford's future? Just look at what happened to Kalas. De Bruyne knew this and therefore wanted a permanent transfer.

I don't understand why we should go out and buy a new striker. Costa, Remy and Bamford would be the perfect trio for our attack. Remy is more than capable of being the 2nd striker at Chelsea whilst Bamford would get to train and occasionally play with our big stars. He would be under the management of Mourinho, Drogba and Eva, what else can a 20-year old kid ask?

Loans can be beneficial but they can also be destructive. With the money going around in the game these days, the clubs will be constantly looking at players as assets and a kid who isn't even part of the club certainly has not got the priority at that club. What if next year he is loaned to a club like West Brom where they then decide to play their own striker, what is that going to do to Bamford's future? Just look at what happened to Kalas. De Bruyne knew this and therefore wanted a permanent transfer.

Its not a case of wanting to go buy a new striker (although we do need one) Its a case of only having 2 to choose from. Like has been said Bamford will more than likely goto Boro if they get promotion. IF we did decide to keep him here he wouldnt get the game time he wants so he wouldnt want to stay. so the best bet for both parties (us and PB) is to sell him to Boro. I couldnt guess what we could get for him if tha time came tho.

As for Remy I dont see him staying neither. I dont really see Mou having much faith in him. Theres been many times where he could have had more playing time but Mous just not put him on. And hes not really made the most of those chances hes had. Although he has done really all we have asked of him as a 3rd striker.

Its difficult as a 1 striker playing club as any striker of real note wants to be playing games and not happy warming he bench so attracting them isnt easy (unless theyre happy just to get the wage)

It would be nice to sign a more prolific scorer as a 2nd choice. Well we need a couple of upgrades I suppose.

As for Remy I dont see him staying neither. I dont really see Mou having much faith in him. Theres been many times where he could have had more playing time but Mous just not put him on. And hes not really made the most of those chances hes had.

Unless my memory is failing, the lad has scored in pretty much every game he has been in the starting XI.