Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swansea needs a CF and bamford might fit the role perfectly there.

With Gomis health problems and Michu unlikely to return from loan to swansea, that might be the best team where bamford could get substantially playing time in the epl.

I like Bamford a lot but do people realistically think he is going to get a shot next season or whenever? I really doubt it. Especially under Mourinho. Lukaku had an excellent season on loan at WBA in the PL and got around 17 league goals and a lot of us was hoping he would be given a shot but he was loaned out again. This time to Everton. Yeah he said a few things that he wanted to play and so much accused Lukaku of not being a 'fighter' as he was unwilling to fight for his place but looking back it now you can understand. Remy, who is a quality striker and established in the PL can't get a game for his life and when Costa has not been performing he rarely sees any minutes so if Lukaku was here you just know what the situation would be. How do people realistically expect Bamford to make an impact here when Costa is still in his prime and looks to be our no.1 striker for a few years and Remy who is a quality striker, struggles to get on in so many matches? There have even been games where he has not made the bench.I just can't see Mourinho having faith in Bamford to play an integral part in our team and the last thing I want for him is to be marginalised here as 3rd choice striker or so and just be watching from the dugouts.

I love watching our young talent doing well out on loan but I have given up on the majority of them coming back into our team. One thing I am sure of though is that Bamford, if he is going to play in the PL will be with another team on loan. Would be quite fitting if Middlsebrough can go up.

I like Bamford a lot but do people realistically think he is going to get a shot next season or whenever? I really doubt it. Especially under Mourinho. Lukaku had an excellent season on loan at WBA in the PL and got around 17 league goals and a lot of us was hoping he would be given a shot but he was loaned out again. This time to Everton. Yeah he said a few things that he wanted to play and so much accused Lukaku of not being a 'fighter' as he was unwilling to fight for his place but looking back it now you can understand. Remy, who is a quality striker and established in the PL can't get a game for his life and when Costa has not been performing he rarely sees any minutes so if Lukaku was here you just know what the situation would be. How do people realistically expect Bamford to make an impact here when Costa is still in his prime and looks to be our no.1 striker for a few years and Remy who is a quality striker, struggles to get on in so many matches? There have even been games where he has not made the bench.I just can't see Mourinho having faith in Bamford to play an integral part in our team and the last thing I want for him is to be marginalised here as 3rd choice striker or so and just be watching from the dugouts.

I love watching our young talent doing well out on loan but I have given up on the majority of them coming back into our team. One thing I am sure of though is that Bamford, if he is going to play in the PL will be with another team on loan. Would be quite fitting if Middlsebrough can go up.

As a 3rd striker is not impossible imo, although as I said in my post earlier, I think we need to loan him at least a year to another PL team first. Plus we 'urgently' need more English players in our team.

As a 3rd striker is not impossible imo, although as I said in my post earlier, I think we need to loan him at least a year to another PL team first. Plus we 'urgently' need more English players in our team.

3rd striker will be equivalent to him starting about 2 games in the whole season and getting 15 minutes every 3 games or so. No chance he makes the squad next season imo. Mourinho will want to be convinced by seeing him at another PL team first.

I agree. People need to be realistic.

We know the facts about Diego Costa is that he's 26 years old, has enormous trust from the manager so he can play poor for extensive period of time and still giving chance after chance. Today will be another example. And the fact that he'll be here for a long time.

Now we know that Remy is treated here as another Ba, stop gap signing who happened to be cheap. He won't be here much for a long.

And now there's lots of talk about Chelsea signing another forward. Di Marzio already said that we're gonna pursuit Mauro Icardi, also his agent said that we're one of interested teams (or that was Dybala's agent but for sure some of those two). I can imagine that we're gonna buy Icardi or Dybala. Let's say Icardi.

So, here's the thing. We will have Diego Costa who is 26 and Icardi who is 22. Let's say that Icardi will be treated here more fairly than Remy, because he will be more expensive and more of pre-planned transfer, maybe even Jose type. They will split the time between each other giving manager an option to choose.

So, between them their average age will be 24. 24. There's lot and lots and lots of football at the highest level.

And you think how much of a time will Bamford have ? Some dead minutes against "Maribor", some "Shrewsbury" games. Not much. And the most important thing is our manager is pretty allergic to rotation. Many of our international players already got that. International players mind. Not some kid.

Besides, in a team who plays 1 guy upfront, 2 forwards are enough.

So if we're gonna integrate Bamford I can imagine that it has to happen next season and he has to be given 2nd choice spot. Can you imagine one or the other ? Me neither.