Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see him succeed here.

I may be harsh, but whatever. I absolutely love playing kids and will always root for them but also I always want to see the ones with the chance that I'm absolutely sure about their qualities.

I'd hate if the chance would get the talent about who I'm not sure at all and he then would be an indication that the bringing youth business means too much dwelling for so poor rewarding.

I'm not sure about Bamford at all. He seems to me that he ticks the boxes on so many decent levels but not too much of high level. Decent technique, good size, very good at finding space, decent hold-up play, average athleticism, average in the air.

We want different varieties in our attackers and we have such player like Bamford in Diego the level about technique, hold-up play and finding space in both are similar, however Diego is much more physical. Diego is a runner, now we want someone with fantastic hold-up play either through his technique or strength, better through both. I don't see that at all in Bamford. We need someone like Benteke, a physical beast to who you can play every ball and he can keep it under pressure and invite other of our attackers to play. Or someone with exquisite pressing-resistant technique.

Bamford seems to me as a good league striker and that's all. We need variety, player with different dimension than Diego and Remy.

If Patrick has the chance to play at Chelsea it should be next season, otherwise Chelsea surely brings another striker in the place of Drogba, some young one (Icardi or Dybala) too and Bamford's chances here are slim to zero.

IMO due to the injury record of Remy and Costa we should be seriously considering bringing him back to be 3rd choice - assuming he gets the same amount of minutes as Drogba did this season I see no reason why it'd hinder his development.

Plus it adds another HG player to our ranks.

Guessing you've talked to him on the topic?

I have, and he won't. If he isn't going to be offered a chance to start he wants away. He won't start, no matter what, Costa is our main man and Bamford will not feature. He will be sold to Boro if they go up or another PL side will come in for him.

I have, and he won't. If he isn't going to be offered a chance to start he wants away. He won't start, no matter what, Costa is our main man and Bamford will not feature. He will be sold to Boro if they go up or another PL side will come in for him.

Probably best for him anyways tbh. Could put a buy back in the contract.

A sensible attitude by club and player I think.

I doubt it... I'd make a bet on it. He won't be sold.

If he's expecting a starting spot on a plate then I would rather sell him.

Lukaku making that demand was bad enough, but he hasn't played a single PL game.

This. Would he not rather be 2nd striker on us, or number 1 striker for a team like Hull or something?

Are you sure Juan? :ph34r: