Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

He's been loaded to championship clubs and succeeded, one step at a time.

He isn't exactly slow nor is he rapid, crisp finisher, had a knack of being in the right place at the right time, reminds me of Muller that way.

Prefer he be loaned to a prem club next season then recall the season after if he succeeds.

What's the rush.

If we cant integrate him into the first team now, we could never be able to get him.

Ideal third striker for us, give him play time ... if he turns good promote him to second striker and so on ... High time we start looking into our superb talented resource pool than looking outside.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we aren't going to give a player who has done extremely on loan a chance in the first team (at the very least), then you do wonder if we'll ever give opportunities to our players from the academy at all.

lionsden please log out of Jason's account.

I haven't followed him too much during this loan spell, but his goals can't be ignored.

He represents a possible ~large cheque at the end of the season which is always desirable, but if we can't convert our successful loanees then what is the point in sending them out on loan in the first place? (aside from possibly making a sell on profit).

He would be a good replacement for Drogba at the end of the season and I imagine he would be happy to act as the '3rd choice striker'.

Regardless of what happens, I would rather give him a chance with our first team than simply continue with the cashing out system of our youth system.

Considering how injury prone our other strikers are and the fact Drogba is going to be moving deeper and deeper into coaching duties, it would be wise to have this lad around. That and the fact we might start playing more 4-4-2 soon.

Can Patrick Bamford be Chelsea's answer to Tottenham star Harry Kane?

Judging by the article above, it seems like Mourinho rates Bamford..

That article points out one of the main reasons I think he'll make it here. His work ethic. He doesn't take no as an answer, sets his mind to something and usually does what he set out to do and he takes his chances, I think he'll force Jose's hand. He a big strong striker and can only improve.

Should not of risked him further, they have options in Kike. There is also the implications of him making it worse with some massive games to go. Karanka should of dealt with this for me, it was wrong keeping him on.

Should not of risked him further, they have options in Kike. There is also the implications of him making it worse with some massive games to go. Karanka should of dealt with this for me, it was wrong keeping him on.

Looks like he's staying on for 90 too...

Currently Middlesbrough looks like Chelsea in disguise. Karanka was listening to Mou intently at RM!

The 'rush' is that he could be/is ready, and that we'll hopefully need someone to fill the 3rd striker berth next season.

If borough comes up why not let him continue there for one more season?

Is better he gets one full season of pl as a main striker then a third striker.