Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

He's not even playing striker for Middlesborough

Yes he is. Today he played for the fourth game in a row as the main striker, he had Vossen playing as the number 10 behind him today. In previous weeks it's been Lee Tomlin behind him, who was on the bench today and brought on for Vossen.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not even playing striker for Middlesborough, why people think he is now capable of playing that role for Chelsea is well beyond me. What needs to happen to him next season is he gets loaned to a club who will offer him a commitment to play CF. Once he has a season under his belt then he can be in the running for a Chelsea squad player role. No need to rush him, its not like he actually qualifies as an academy player either he's a product of the Nottingham Forest academy.

he is playing well and counts as home grown under current rules .. PL will tell Dycke head to fuck off back to TV

He's not even playing striker for Middlesborough, why people think he is now capable of playing that role for Chelsea is well beyond me. What needs to happen to him next season is he gets loaned to a club who will offer him a commitment to play CF. Once he has a season under his belt then he can be in the running for a Chelsea squad player role. No need to rush him, its not like he actually qualifies as an academy player either he's a product of the Nottingham Forest academy.

Agree that he need to be loaned for another year, but hopefully this time to other PL team, and see how he could do. He is not our academy product, but he is English and if the new HG rule implemented, I could see Jose would want him to be in our squad to fill the quota.

Boro now sit top of the Championship after Bournemouth and Watford drew their games.

Six round of matches to go and next up for Boro is a trip to fourth-placed Watford, who are only two points behind them, on Monday.

This guy is in a spectacular moment which makes him better every day. For me it would be a terrible mistake to cut the progression of Bamford making the mistake of get him back now to be the backup of Diego the next season. An unforgivable error.

For me extend his loan next season is our best option. Seeing his progression maybe this guy can be with England at Euro 2016. This international championship would be a great reason to motivate Bamford next season.

Get him back is a risk. I do not like to see him next season on our bench with his sad face and hopeless...

Regards.

Boro lost 2:0 against tactically superior league leaders. No shame about that. BAmford did not play particularly well. But Kalas was ok.

And did him playing extremely well im the Championship convince you of that?

This. We simply don't know if he is good enough for CFC.

He only plays in the CS with average players around him and often in a position that is not his and still scores a decent amount of goals and more importantly plays constantly well. When Thomas Müller got called up from Bayern II to the first team, he did not do any better than Bamford does today. It is our scouts' job to judge whether the potential shown in the CS does suffice for Chelsea. I also think he will never make it here but that is not necessarily his fault. The club does not believe in integrating our own talents. We only believe in buying them cheap and selling them for good money. And that is entirely ok. I really like some of our academy graduates, Pat included. But one should not hang ones heart on them no matter how good.

So that means he has no shot at making it here?

To be fair, I've said something close to that. I based that opinion on watching him play for our development squads before he started his loans. I simply didn't feel he showed enough quality to suggest he'd develop into a Chelsea level player. While I stand by that opinion, it must be said that Patrick is doing better at 'Boro than I expected so he has already proved me a little bit wrong. If he can go the whole hog and prove me completely wrong, I'll be delighted.

I can't pretend that I think Patrick will prove me wrong however. I'm desperate for us to bring in a striker of the highest technical quality. It's something we don't have and which, in my opinion, we miss very badly. Patrick does not have that to offer. Nowhere near.

He doesn't have pace, he doesn't have dribbling and is not a brilliant hold up man. Yes he has performed well at Boro - but he's nowhere near the level we need

I just don't see him playing here - maybe he will get an FA cup game here or there - but there will always be people ahead of him.

Happy to be proven wrong - but I.don't see it