Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that stuff about Drogba continuing to be a Chelsea player next season is not true and that we give Paddy B his well deserved crack at the first team. I'm hopeful because ever since this loan policy has been set up, the only handful who have gone on to get chances are the ones who've performed exceptionally during their loan spells - Courtois, Sturridge, Lukaku, KdB.

Oh, and here's an interview he did with ZooSport :

Patrick, how much are you looking forward to facing arsenal after man city?
We've been focused on the league, so we've been trying not to think about it, but we'll go out there with confidence. They've hit form and have all their best players available, which makes it even more exciting. It's more incentive(?) to beat them!
Your strike partner Lee Tomlin tweeted that Vincent Kompany fell out of his pocket when he did his washing. Did the rest of the defence fall out of yours?
Ha ha. I can't believe Lee put that up on Twitter; all the lads gave him stick about it. But it was a good team effort so I don't think you can pick out any individual performance.
A lot has been made about the Bon Jovi concert you went to at the Etihad stadium before that game. Have you been to any concerts at the Emirates?
The last time I was at the Emirates was to see Chelsea play Arsenal in the Capital One Cup and we won two-nil so hopefully that's a good omen.
Is it true you're fluent in german and french, and will you be using that to wind up Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny?
My french is good enough to get by living in France and I can pick out the odd few words in German. But in terms of winding up defenders, that's not my style. I'll give as good as I get if they niggle at me but I prefer having a a laugh to all the real agry bargy.
Do you ever regret turning down a place at Harvard?
I applied to a few universities in America just in case things didn't work out in football and I got offered a place at Harvard to study business. It was always a back-up option, but since I've started football professionally I've never looked back.
You and Frank Lampard are widely regarded as two of the smartest footballers? Did you ever discuss quantum cosmology at Chelsea?
We never really had those conversations, believe it or not. One player who is seriously clever at Chelsea, though, is Peter Cech - he even looks clever. Footballers often get labelled as not being too smart, but a lot of players nowadays speak two or three languages, which is no mean feat(?).
How dishearting was it seeing the likes of Diego Costa, Loic Remy and Didier Drogba getting brought in at Chelsea when you were still trying to break into the side?
In my mind I'm still developing, so I'm not expecting to get thrown in right away. Chelsea are one of the top teams in the world so they need to be winning things. Brining in a striker like Diego Costa makes that possible. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be ready to step in and help lead the line.
Training with these guys must have been interesting...
I used to watch and learn so much from them - especially with Costa, there's such a lot to learn. I was actually speaking to the coaches at Boro just the other day about how he uses his body to shield up the ball. I try and pick up bits from all the top players.
Does the fact that you also took Liverpool to penalties in the Capital One Cup prove Boro are ready for the Premier League?
I think it's shown that we can come up against those kinds of teams and compete. You always got upsets in the cup, but with the Liverpool performance it shows it wasn't a fluke.
Hopefully we can do it again at Arsenal.
So would you rather go all the way in the Cup or get into one of the automatic promotion spots?
In the best of both worlds you'd obviously want both, but I think the most important thing for this club is to get into those automatic promotion spots.

I really hope that stuff about Drogba continuing to be a Chelsea player next season is not true and that we give Paddy B his well deserved crack at the first team. I'm hopeful because ever since this loan policy has been set up, the only handful who have gone on to get chances are the ones who've performed exceptionally during their loan spells - Courtois, Sturridge, Lukaku, KdB.

He needs a PL loan next year, maybe even 2 years where he will be regular before even considering him coming here to sit on the bench because if hes gonna be on the bench he will eventually get minutes and to stay here he needs to make an impact of some sort.

He needs a PL loan next year, maybe even 2 years where he will be regular before even considering him coming here to sit on the bench because if hes gonna be on the bench he will eventually get minutes and to stay here he needs to make an impact of some sort.

If ... eventually ... nah, that's bollocks.

He's performed very well wherever he's been sent, he's high on confidence and champing at the bit to do it with us. Now it's up to the club to trust either him or a 37 y.o to do a job next season. There's only so many loans that work out due to the vagaries the system is susceptible to. He could very well go out on loan to another club, find himself in a Josh at Swansea or a Baker at Wednesday situation, suffer from loss of confidence/form/enthusiasm/all three and immediately the talk will shift to how he never was that good anyway etc ... until another 'prospect' comes along and the circus continues ad infinitum.

Cut a frustrating figure last night and was played centrally like he wanted to be. He was marshaled well by David Wheater and whilst trying his best he just had a very average night, missing a really good chance too. Spoke to him after the game and he was just annoyed he didn't take his chances. He was replaced by Kike in the latter stages of the game.