Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless my memory is failing, the lad has scored in pretty much every game he has been in the starting XI.

As I put hes done really all we have asked from him.

So theres got to be some reason why hes not been put in more as theres been alot of chances. I like the lad and although I will admit to being against us signing him pre season and wanted Bony instead Im glad we went this way. Like I said for a 3rd striker hes done great. 3 goals in 3 starts/9 appearances you cant complain at that. Id like to see more of him.

Really liked this part:

"I was going to stay there this season, that was the original plan, but when the chance to bring Didier back arrives, you can’t really turn down Drogba, can you?"

Edit (Why doesn't it embed the whole tweet?):

Really liked this part:

"I was going to stay there this season, that was the original plan, but when the chance to bring Didier back arrives, you can’t really turn down Drogba, can you?"

Edit (Why doesn't it embed the whole tweet?):

B_WENcrWQAEaKG3.jpg

oh I see, the kid some blokes were trying to convince us has nothing on Kane in terms of technical ability scores those two goals... and scores very often. Yeah, seems another Torres in the coming

Seems, then, there's a good chance he'll be here next season.

yeah, reading the last couple of pages, I don't get where people got the idea he would be sold to Boro? There were no links, just assumptions. Either way I hope this clears everything up. It came straight from him.

Not sure if he should come back next season giving that Costa will play a lot of games and this guy needs them.

Maybe a loan to a PL club?

You would have to find the right club...or Bamford will end up like McEachran at Swansea, Atsu at Everton...

That was a brilliant move for his 2nd goal. Keep it up lad! I really hope he can have a successful loan in the PL next season. I doubt Jose would risk striker position again after previous season, but Bamford is definitely here ti stay or be sold for big money later.

I really like the kid. First I love smart people, so he scores thousand points with me on that alone. Then he has a killer instinct, very good technique, knows the shortcuts to the back of the net, is a good header, is football smart (general brains and football brains are two worlds apart and he has both), is English, will help our homegrown quota and can only improve. I mean, what is there not to like?

I think people can see based on my posts about our youth players that I'm very calm, patient and careful with how we handle them. A handful minutes given every 30 matches isn't developing youth or giving them chances, this is to make fans and players' families happy in my book. I think we should identify which kids really have a future here, give them the best conditions to play football - here or on loan - and when they're used to play and prove they can do something on a regular basis they should be incorporated in the first team with actual playing time.

We have a great generation coming from the ranks. I see posts like Choulo's a few pages ago saying Patrick had always had near to zero chances to make it here.... I don't get it. How can one decide something like that when the player is only 21? I think that's too early.

We have an old guard of players that will retire/leave soon and based on how we handled our business lately I don't see us splashing money right and left like we did when Roman first bought the club. The academy is to fund new players as much as it is to form new Chelsea players. The best of them will stay - the ones that prove in the pitch (no matter whose pitch) they're Chelsea material will stay. If Ryan Bertrand had chances in post-Roman Chelsea, than any kid with decent talent and effort should as well.

People talk shit about how we wasted too many talents from our academy and didn't give them the proper chances... so let me ask them one thing: enlist me five players we let go or who never got themselves out of the loan soap opera that went somewhere else and became great players. Someone like Courtois for example, that we loaned to Atletico and in a couple of years became one of the top 5 GK in the world. Where are all the mistakes done by Chelsea? One could argue that the lack of chances and stability detract a players' career and I agree to that to a certain extent. There are many examples of players that overcame many changes early in their careers (Costa being one of them), bench, few opportunities, but still proved their value.

Youth players are like religious prophecies to me, they're the real deal when the promise becomes fact. Until then it's nothing more than what could have been and a good idea. So if they don't turn anything good anywhere, they wouldn't cut it to be a Chelsea player anyway. The player will always be the main responsible for his own success. If he has discipline and puts an effort to back up his talent and it works out, it doesn't matter the system, it just does. Didn't Kane himself have many loans before having his breakout season (that he has yet to follow up with another one, btw, but fact remains it's been a great season for him). Didn't Diego do the same? Didn't Courtois make the best out of a long loan? Aren't Bamford and Traoré proving their worth in their loans?

The only cases I have problems with is when we keep the kids here like Aké (sorry if I don't think it's the same situation with Ruben yet) and detract his development by giving him nearly no minutes. Youth players shouldn't be here simply to complete our homegrown quota. Either they're ready to figure in the eventual match or they should be shipped to loan contracts. Aké should have been used more (the only case in our current squad imo). If Patrick stays with us next season, he should receive the same amount of chances Remy did this season... For strikers is easier to get minutes than midfielders, not only there are less strikers in every squad (three, at most four) and the bench guys are one injury away from getting chances. Midfielders compete with way more people, with the tactical approach and other things. I think we should give Bamfordinho a chance here next season because if he gets Remy minutes - playing most domestic cups, grabbing a few minutes (or many depending on injury) at the end of league matches, he'll continue his development just fine. But I wouldn't oppose at all to an PL loan. It's the Aké situation that can't happen again - with no one, but even less with Aké himself.