Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Call him back for god's sake....

give him a chance... stop with all the Mercenaries...

Thing is, like last season we would rather call on people like Drogba than give people like him a chance. There lies the imbalance.

Played a great game. And as a Genk fan i also loved Vossen's game, great effort with the volley in second half, deserved more from that

I watched a few Middlesbrough games this season and Bamford is much-much better than Vossen. A few years ago I though Jelle would play for a top team but he is not even the best striker at Middlesbrough.

Natural born goalscorer. Has some pace and decent height. But also Borini is a natural born goalscorer and never was good enough. We will see. This Bamford lad scores a goal every 150 minutes (10 in 24) playing half the time on the wing. Definitely deserves a place in the squad, can't be worse than the Drog,really, does not shy away to take on big name defenders. Absolutely sniffed that goal , anticipated the situation and made Fernando look like a fool. Probably will not make it here, we know why. Though I am sure he will become a decent premier league striker.

I have seen ALL the match between Manchester City and Middlesbrough and am pleasantly surprised with Patrick Bamford. I am very happy for him.

Patrick Bamford is no longer a child, Patrick Bamford is already a man!

Congratulations friend!

For me it's nice for me to see the work of Aitor Karanka with Middlesbrough. Aitor Karanka was the assistant / second coach of Mourinho at Real Madrid and in Spain, and both were treated in a despicable manner.

If we see the matches (bottom I put a short summary), style / philosophy of game of Karanka`s Middlesbrough is very similar to the style of Mourinho`s Chelsea (saving the distances between them, obviously).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaNLKvuNsMo

I have commented several times the need for an agreement / link between Middlesbrough and us, which could benefit a lot to us.

The rules of the Premier League prohibit give on loan to another team in Premier League (Chelsea to Middlesbrough) more than one player per season.

But there is a possibility of selling players for a symbolic price to Middlesbrough and establish contract a clause by which we can recover that player by a symbolic amount also.

Although many of us want to see the young guys on our team. It is clear that Jose prefers to bet on players already established.

But we have players like Nathan Ake, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Isaiah Brown, Dominic Solanke (at The Academy) ... or players like Lewis Baker, Patrick Bamford, Tomas Kalas, Kenneth Omeruo, Lucas Piazon, Marco Van Ginkel or Thorgan Hazard (although I prefer seeing Thorgan in our first team next season). They are GREAT young players, but they hardly, will have the opportunity to play in our first team. We have to be realistic.

But ALL of them have perfectly the required level to play in the Premier League every week.

If we could agree / link with Middlesbrough players exchange sales which have a clause to re-sign that player if we want it. It would be a operancion give on loan, but simulated as a normal signing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example.

Player.
Nathan Ake.

Signing. To Middlesbrough from Chelsea.

Quantity of the signing (A simulated signing, is really a loan). £ 1 million.

Clause to retrieve Nathan Ake (only / exclusively executable by Chelsea).
£ 1.5 Million.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, other teams like Barcelona, use a another clause for loans for which is the team itself (Barcelona) which pays the salary of the player during the loan if the loan player plays 85% of the available minutes. Such clauses would ensure that our boys would play many minutes to complete their professional development.

I think it might be interesting to have this agreement / link with Middlesbrough. A team whose coach (Aitor Karanka) has a mind / philosophy very similar to that of Jose Mourinho.

And finally if our young guys do not demonstrate a good level, we do not exercise this clause to sign them them again. But if our youngs players demonstrate a good level, we would execute this clause to sign them again without hesitation. This could be a perfect operation.

Middlesbrough almost sure will be the next season in Premier League. Practically insurance.

I prefer an exchange agreement of players with the Middlesbrough than any agreement with Vitesse.

I think it might be interesting to discuss it together.

I hope your comments.

Regards to ALL.

My gratitude to Bamford for kicking Pellegrini a**. My view has changed on him, as I think he is 'far from ready', 'his development will stuck' and 'in the end we will sold him for 1 million to some small team anyway' before, and I always think Solanke is more convincing. Hope he could be our 3rd striker next season.

My view on Solanke is not changed though, he just still very young.

I think the situation with Remy and Drogba is a peculiar one. Drogba scored goals when Remy was injured after a terrible start of season. It seems Drog is back to a rough period technically and physically, so Remy will have more chances. Add to that that Drogba is a legend in this club and this will be his very last season as a footballer and it weights in. If he's scoring and playing well, why not give the legend playing time? I don't think Mourinho did anything blatantly wrong or used favoritism. It's a different standard that makes a lot of sense in my head. I want to see Remy playing more, but that has less to do with Drogba playing more than him and more to do with José giving too much time to Costa because he needed it. I'd say from now on (as Drog isn't at the same level he was until a month ago) it's time to see more Remy.

I think the best example would be last season's situation. Demba Ba played scarcely in the first half - with Torres and Eto'o playing basically all league and UCL matches - but then at the second half Ba had many more chances - even started matches. I think Bamford (or whoever our 3rd striker is) would receive similar treatment.

People forget that we were keeping Bamford in the main squad until Drogba came and Patrick and Mourinho talked and they decided he was going somewhere where he could have more playing time. So I wouldn't be surprised if he stays and I'm not as negative as some of you (actually some of you are absolutely sure of it) that Mourinho won't integrate him. If he receives the same chances Ba received last season, I'd say it's a successful integration.

First halves of season aren't the time where a lot of squad members receive chances because the team (that normally has one or two new signings) is still adjusting. Which is why I'm also positive we'll start seeing more and more Zouma as the season progresses.

I say keep Bamford. With Costa and Remy we hardly need to go to the market to strengthen our attack force when we have areas we do need to spend money (CB, DM, RW) and we're the only fools in the world trying to follow FFP rules, so we won't have much money to spend, even if we sell some players. I doubt we'll spend money in a third ST wen many other areas need reinforcement. All that said, Boro seems like getting a spot in EPL next season, I wouldn't mind if we extended the loan for another season. If we do that is because we're seriously investing on him to be our ST in the future (giving him plenty of EPL football and a season under his belt before coming back to us ready to fight for maybe the #2 ST position).

The 21-year-old, who has 10 goals this season, is desperate to establish himself at Chelsea and hopes his fine form will convince Mourinho to give him a chance.

“I hope so,” said Bamford. “I’ve played against three Premier League teams - Sunderland, Liverpool and now City – and scored against all of them. I think it’s shown I can cut it at the top level, but we’ll see what happens.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-loanee-patrick-bamford-hopes-5040791

The 21-year-old, who has 10 goals this season, is desperate to establish himself at Chelsea and hopes his fine form will convince Mourinho to give him a chance.

“I hope so,” said Bamford. “I’ve played against three Premier League teams - Sunderland, Liverpool and now City – and scored against all of them. I think it’s shown I can cut it at the top level, but we’ll see what happens.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-loanee-patrick-bamford-hopes-5040791

Don't get your hopes too high, Patrick. Better have a contingency plan as to who do you want to play for after Chelsea...

He will learn the hard way just like those before him. He has a bright future but unfortunately it won't materialise at Chelsea unless the mentality and attitude towards young players change at the club. Sure he may very well be brought back as a third option but that's what He will likely ever be at the club,a third option that almost never get playing time outside of COC and Fa cup (Not because he's not good enough, I rate him very highly) but even Remy's chances is extremely limited under Jose.

He will learn the hard way just like those before him. He has a bright future but unfortunately it won't materialise at Chelsea unless the mentality and attitude towards young players change at the club. Sure he may very well be brought back as a third option but that's what He will likely ever be at the club,a third option that almost never get playing time outside of COC and Fa cup (Not because he's not good enough, I rate him very highly) but even Remy's chances is extremely limited under Jose.

He has a bright future like all the other great players from CHelsea academy in the last decade...