Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

He's the reason I don't want us to buy a 3rd choice striker next summer

It could be interesting if he'll be back in January because of Costa's continuous problems. He'd more or less become that third striker, but I think it would hamper is progression because I'm not confident in how much Mourinho would entrust him up front.. I'd certainly wager against him ever leaving Bamford alone up top.

Don't want to speak too prematurely, but could become a Lukaku situation if trust isn't shown sooner than later. One to keep an eye on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It could be interesting if he'll be back in January because of Costa's continuous problems. He'd more or less become that third striker, but I think it would hamper is progression because I'm not confident in how much Mourinho would entrust him up front.. I'd certainly wager against him ever leaving Bamford alone up top.

Don't want to speak too prematurely, but could become a Lukaku situation if trust isn't shown sooner than later. One to keep an eye on.

He wouldn't play much at all that's for sure. He trusts Ake more than any other youngster on loan or in the reserves not named Zouma and yet he barely plays so . . . .

He wouldn't play much at all that's for sure. He trusts Ake more than any other youngster on loan or in the reserves not named Zouma and yet he barely plays so . . . .

Yeah and that's also cos those guys are paired up with experienced players in the same position. We rarely play with 2 strikers (unless there's 10-15 mins to go and we need a goal), so Bamford would be lucky to get even sporadic 10 minute appearances. Anyway, he's till only 21 and Drogba won't last more than another season, if even that.

It's hard to watch Middlesbrough matches. I know he can finish, but how's the rest of his overall play? Hard to judge that during highlights.

It's good in a nutshell. He holds up the ball well but is great at finding pockets of space in between defenders.

Personally I thinks it's paramount he stays at Boro beyond January, he is now starting to play and score, it would counter productive to bring him back.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for him taking his chances off the bench. Hope that means a start in the next match.

On a related Boro note, Omeruo not on the bench again today. How is he always injured for Boro but fit for Nigeria? Same seems to be happening for Mikel!

Good for him taking his chances off the bench. Hope that means a start in the next match.

On a related Boro note, Omeruo not on the bench again today. How is he always injured for Boro but fit for Nigeria? Same seems to be happening for Mikel!

I heard players from African teams only got back to their clubs on Friday?

Yeah as Liquidator says - they didn't get back until late :)