John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

What if... John Terry just apologised to Anton. Then this unnecessary drama wouldn't have been blown as out of proportion as it already has.

That wouldn't have made a difference. The incident was reported by an off-duty police officer and the CPS felt he had a case to answer. An apology to Anton would have made no difference.

I believe that he did racially abuse Anton Ferdinand. I don't think Terry is a racist but a) he admitted using the term FBC and b ) his context excuse was flimsy at best. The judge did not clear him of racist abuse but felt that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. That is very different to clearing somebody entirely. It's clear the FA took the Judge's comments in making their decision as the Judge left it open to interpretation. Time for Terry to take his punishment and move on from this sorry affair.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if... John Terry just apologised to Anton. Then this unnecessary drama wouldn't have been blown as out of proportion as it already has.

You only apologise if you have done something wrong. Once the racism card was played he was never going to apologise and why should he?

He did try and sort it post match, but the Ferdinands smelt a story and fuelled the fire ever since...

Anyone read Emmanuel Eboue's (that's right, the ex-Arsenal one) tweets?

1.John Terry found guilty & fined 220k. I don't feel sorry 4 him @ all. He has always been a bully & fucks team mates wife . I'll shit on him

2. Even in USA , if u kill someone and can get a million dollar lawyer , u can escape jail. That's why JT went 2 court. Ihe went 2 buy d law

3. JT was more offensive than Suarez . And just like @Lord_Sugar says, he is a Thug .

4. I respect @rioferdy5 and @anton_ferdinand . It takes a lot of Gut 2 stand up against JT . Unlike Ashley cole . A wanna be ! A Sell Out

5. Just bcuz @rioferdy5 is out of Peckham, JT thinks he can get away wiv cursin d ferdinands. Just like @LethalBizzle wud say #LeaveItYeh

6. There are so many two faced players and pundit in england . Its so easy for them to condemn Suarez , but not John Terry. #Disgrace

7. Anyway, I am happy drogba and mikel declined to stand in the stupid witness box . Ashley cole was always a traitor . He never relates

Anyone read Emmanuel Eboue's (that's right, the ex-Arsenal one) tweets?

1.John Terry found guilty & fined 220k. I don't feel sorry 4 him @ all. He has always been a bully & fucks team mates wife . I'll shit on him

2. Even in USA , if u kill someone and can get a million dollar lawyer , u can escape jail. That's why JT went 2 court. Ihe went 2 buy d law

3. JT was more offensive than Suarez . And just like @Lord_Sugar says, he is a Thug .

4. I respect @rioferdy5 and @anton_ferdinand . It takes a lot of Gut 2 stand up against JT . Unlike Ashley cole . A wanna be ! A Sell Out

5. Just bcuz @rioferdy5 is out of Peckham, JT thinks he can get away wiv cursin d ferdinands. Just like @LethalBizzle wud say #LeaveItYeh

6. There are so many two faced players and pundit in england . Its so easy for them to condemn Suarez , but not John Terry. #Disgrace

7. Anyway, I am happy drogba and mikel declined to stand in the stupid witness box . Ashley cole was always a traitor . He never relates

It's a fake twitter account.

Had he apologized the FA would take that as a confession and he peobably would have got a longer ban.

That wouldn't have made a difference. The incident was reported by an off-duty police officer and the CPS felt he had a case to answer. An apology to Anton would have made no difference.

I believe that he did racially abuse Anton Ferdinand. I don't think Terry is a racist but a) he admitted using the term FBC and b ) his context excuse was flimsy at best. The judge did not clear him of racist abuse but felt that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. That is very different to clearing somebody entirely. It's clear the FA took the Judge's comments in making their decision as the Judge left it open to interpretation. Time for Terry to take his punishment and move on from this sorry affair.

I don't mean to the outcome of the verdict etc, which I have no complaints over tbh. Just generally, what if he just came out and gave an apology to Anton Ferdinand in the press. Certainly he would've saved himself & the club a lot more backlash than it's received so far. Not to mention, the process would've probably sped up as opposed to the 11-months it took.

You only apologise if you have done something wrong. Once the racism card was played he was never going to apologise and why should he?

It's wrong to say 'black cunt' regardless of context. Thus, apologise and save some face.

Not the first time I've read that bit as well. Even Malouda didn't sign any character witnesses - and he's the Kick It Out club ambassador..

From The Guardian: What Terry's sympathisers have never explained is why, inside football, it was known well before the trial began that Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka, Mikel John Obi and Chelsea's Kick It Out ambassador, Florent Malouda, were not among those from Stamford Bridge who had signed statements supporting their colleague.

From The Guardian: What Terry's sympathisers have never explained is why, inside football, it was known well before the trial began that Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka, Mikel John Obi and Chelsea's Kick It Out ambassador, Florent Malouda, were not among those from Stamford Bridge who had signed statements supporting their colleague.

It's probably because they hate him so much. Here is a picture of Drogba trying to strangle Terry:

drogba-007.jpg

I don't mean to the outcome of the verdict etc, which I have no complaints over tbh. Just generally, what if he just came out and gave an apology to Anton Ferdinand in the press. Certainly he would've saved himself & the club a lot more backlash than it's received so far. Not to mention, the process would've probably sped up as opposed to the 11-months it took.

It's wrong to say 'black cunt' regardless of context. Thus, apologise and save some face.

Exactly. Terry's version of the story was always virtually impossible to believe. People just don't speak like he claims to have spoken. He made an ill advised comment out of anger. I don't believe he's actually a racist. He should have apologised immediately and accepted the 4 game suspension and fine. From the moment this started, this outcome was inevitable and dragging it out hasn't done anyone any good.

pity they dont show as much concern about the actions of dictators in Africa ,or the treatment of workers in South Africa ... to say nothing of Libya

So the FA is above the law? What a fucking joke. Found not guilty by the law, a corrupt organisation that can make up it's own rules as they go along find him guilty. Just doing this to save their own back.

They have dragged JT's name through the mud some more. I'm glad he's retired from England.

Actually I agree with Fergie.... I hope JT doesn't appeal cuz he will lose.

The difference here is that JT was cleared by the Law so his ban (even for 1 game) is unjust.

However the country and the league have made too big a deal out of this racism issue so the game should just move on, like Fergie said.