John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that one day this whole thing will blow over.

The fatalities of the "Ferdinand - Terry - Race Row"

- one resigned national manager, leading to a not so good tournament by the implied national side

- countless and even more so pointless articles and press releases

- one resigned english centre half who was the best of his generation

- another spoiled centre half who once was very good as well and now has to face the facts

- a sparked up rivalry that for the one of the two outfits never mattered much anyway

- a debate about handshakes

- one courtcase that ended with what was clear in the first place "it is not an easy, hard to find evidence so we come to "not guilty""

- another hearing by the FA that probably wanted this thing never to happen but found themselves on the backfood once they started it.

...have i missed something ?

Damage to JT's reputation. Okay it wasn't the best but this gives opposition fans further ammunition to hurl abuse at him.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/terry-deadline-approaches-054419509.html

Terry will announce his decision on whether to appeal the 4-game ban today. He has to respond by 6pm UK time.

According to The Sun, he will NOT be appealing that 4-game charge on him.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4594974/John-Terry-appeal-shock.html

If so, then the ban will start this Saturday and he will games against Spurs, Man United(twice) and Swansea.

http://uk.eurosport....-054419509.html

Terry will announce his decision on whether to appeal the 4-game ban today. He has to respond by 6pm UK time.

According to The Sun, he will NOT be appealing that 4-game charge on him.

http://www.thesun.co...peal-shock.html

If so, then the ban will start this Saturday and he will games against Spurs, Man United(twice) and Swansea.

Any idea how much time time would it take to consider his appeal. i.e. if he appeals would he play against spurs?

Terry says sorry, there will be no appeal

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8174864/John-Terry-decides-not-to-appeal-four-game-ban

"After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment," he said.

"I want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.

"Although I'm disappointed with the FA judgment, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life.

"As I stated in the criminal case, with the benefit of hindsight my language was clearly not an appropriate reaction to the situation for someone in my position.

"My response was below the level expected by Chelseaspacer.gif Football Club, and by me, and it will not happen again.

"Looking forward, I will continue to do my part in assisting the club to remove all types of discriminatory behaviour from football.

"I am extremely grateful for the consistent support of Chelsea FC, the fans and my family."

There is no way JT is going to receive anything but abuse from other clubs and therefore IMO (as he has decided not to appeal) this is the correct statement and one you can be sure the club had a hand in. He made his point about 'context', apologized, praised the club and just MAYBE placated some about the language he admitted to using. It will be difficult for the rags to pick holes in that. As for the clubs reaction, which again will be subject of the rags rants, why not suspend him for the next 4 games :blink: .. job done.

What really pees me of is not only the racist angle, (and this must apply to all interpretations of the word, not just colour,) but the language in general used to officials which certainly do not need a 'lip reader' to understand what is being said and seen by millions !! The "respect campaign" is supposed to include all aspects of the game. I'd love to see the police, or the FA deluged with complaints via youtube or other media as to what goes on with every game.