John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIGH! Well, I'm not surprised and I hope we appeal but if we do can they lengthen the ban? if so then I don't want to JT to appeal, because you know they will slap him with every thing they've got if he does and loses the appeal. :( I really dislike the FA …. I'm too much of a lady to say all the really bad words I want to say.

Guilty of "misconduct", nicely worded by the FA, guess they had to cover themselves against any future legal implications.

Well yes but they have also said this:

"The Football Association charged Mr Terry on Friday 27 July 2012 with using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ Anton Ferdinand and which included a reference to colour and/or race contrary to FA Rule E3[2] in relation to the Queens Park Rangers FC versus Chelsea FC fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011."

The fact that they have said "towards" AF means that they are accusing him of actually saying the words at Ferdinand, which a court cleared JT of. I thought the only reason they were able to even have a hearing was because they will charge with using abusive language full stop? I guess we will have to wait for the full judgement though. But the way they have worded this initial statement certainly makes it should as though they have accused him of racially abusing Ferdinand. Obviously they will let that fester among the media and once he has been hung, drawn and quartered will they come out and say that he was actually charged with just using the words on the football pitch.

Don't know why if they have decided to announce him being charged they should at least announce fully what he has been charged of doing.....

if we do can they lengthen the ban?

Yes, but I highly doubt the appeal would change the verdict which has obviously been written long before the hearing to so that the FA don't have to admit that they were wrong to give in to the media witch hunt and take JT's armband before he was trialed.

This case has been going on since last year but I still don't know what actually happened. What I know is that he called anton ***** ******. I still don't know the context and situation when he called him that.

Does anybody know the whole story ?

Actually a court of law said that he did NOT call Anton Ferdinand that.

The FA have made it easy for JT to appeal. If they are accusing him of racially abusing JT (which they are not) then their own rule book states that they cannot charge him if found guilty in a court of law. If he is charged with misconduct of using foul and abusive language on a football pitch (which is what he is being charged with), how have they not charged Anton Ferdinand who admitted in court of using foul and abusive language during the game?

The FA have gone with media pressure and have put out a statement initially to make it sound like he has been charged with racial abuse (the media have already gone with that story), they will later reveal what he has actually been charged with, but after JT has been labelled for life a racist.

Can he just accept the charge and put this all behind the club? All this is doing, by dragging it out, is taking the club's name through the mud. I think, tbh, even they're slightly sick of it cause I was surprised when there was no mention on the website about Terry's England retirement.

I don't think Terry's a racist. In the eyes of the law he's not.. If the FA believe so, then let them.

..And really, what's 4 games? With the rotation Di Matteo's doing he probably wouldn't have played half of those anyway!