Swansea 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Maybe next season won't be transitional season, but a title challenging one.

it can be both, one doesn't exclude the other

Isn't anyone at least a bit happy that we drew? I mean, how many of you expected that kind of equalizer?

We didn't expect an equalizer, that is the concern. It's nice that it came, but we can't live off of flukes all season.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's frustrating when we do have youth players but we don't play them, I'd like to see Lukaku instead of Torres; Kakuta kept and played on the left and right given enough opportunities; Joshua in midfield instead of Raul; Sturridge last season instead of signing Torres; but alas no manager has had enough balls to do this.

If it was indeed a transitional season, and considering our current struggle it would have been a good time to lower expectations around the squad and start blooding in the youth - instead we keep on seeing the same first 11; and hoping something clicks. I'd understand this mentality if we were were actually getting results but we are not.

Changes to formation changes to personal and stop sending out our youth squad on loan without giving em a chance. Limited footballers like Darron Gibson get more chances than Sturridge; Joshua; Kakuta etc We have invested a lot of money into our youth setup it's about fucking time we stop doing that just because we can but rather make use of it.

If we had send out a bunch of youth players I'd understand your reaction but this is the tired routine of the statuesque we've had here for a number of years. At some point the ol'Guard will pick up a bit of form and plaster the cracks instead of allowing us to really address the issue and really go through a transition.

You make some excellent points and i can concur with a lot of what your saying. I myself would like to see our youth getting more of a chance(especially over players like Flo and Kalou) but i understand the pressure of management and i know why AVB has chosen the old guard...because its about winning, not individual games,obviously that contributes, but ultimately winning trophies and to loose with seasoned pros is less risky than losing by benching said pros and playing the kids. Our backroom staff have changed also with AVB bringing in his own backroom staff and Bobby Di deing brought back into the fold.

I understand that we don't want to rush Lukaku and that he isn't the finished article yet but surely he could play a few games in the absences of Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres. Given the price we paid for him, I don't think Im expecting to much for him to be trusted to play a few games, I don't think it is unreasonable.

you high? you think AVB is doing it out of spite to prove a point to Roman? the point was well taken by him which is why he sacked Carlo and brought in a young AVB. That is the most ridiculous definition to a transition I've seen, sorry, "we are playing old players to prove a point".

i aint been high in months but anyway,Im not saying out of spite to prove a point! Im saying that AVB has had funds in the summer but has stuck with the majority of the squad POSSIBLY to show Roman that they are in desperate need of renewal but likely to see for himself what he has at his disposal, hence this is still a major step to transition. And if Roman realised that we needed to change things when he sacked Carlo then im afraid he was about 3 seasons behind the rest of us

I think people are not optimistic because lets face it this is probably the worst Chelsea side since Roman took over. Rami ain't going to be there and it's just heartbreaking because AVB will be blamed for this. I don't think we're going to win tomorrow, I really hope we do but I cant see it. We'll probably get a draw !

I think people are not optimistic because lets face it this is probably the worst Chelsea side since Roman took over. Rami ain't going to be there and it's just heartbreaking because AVB will be blamed for this. I don't think we're going to win tomorrow, I really hope we do but I cant see it. We'll probably get a draw !

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK ! :rolleyes:

We didn't expect an equalizer, that is the concern. It's nice that it came, but we can't live off of flukes all season.

That's my point Manpe,... thing is with the spine of the team absent, that's the best thing that we can hope for in such matches...

In Terry, Lampard and Drogba you basically have the spine of the squad from 2007 till now. Till now, I haven't seen even one player that has joined us go on to become part of that. We've made good, talented additions to the squad, but none of them are any more than accessories.You would expect old heads like Cole,Torres and Malouda to give some direction and impetus to the team but they just can't.

They're not the kind of player which Mourinho said: "can go on forever"., because none of them have the mindset

i aint been high in months but anyway,Im not saying out of spite to prove a point! Im saying that AVB has had funds in the summer but has stuck with the majority of the squad POSSIBLY to show Roman that they are in desperate need of renewal but likely to see for himself what he has at his disposal, hence this is still a major step to transition. And if Roman realised that we needed to change things when he sacked Carlo then im afraid he was about 3 seasons behind the rest of us

You use the word "possibly" now, but before you used the world "clear". I can leave you with possibly, but clear it is not.

You use the word "possibly" now, but before you used the world "clear". I can leave you with possibly, but clear it is not.

No i said the transition period is clear. The possible was the " / " between proving to roman and seeing what he had at his disposal..it was speculative

Much improved second half compared to how badly we were outplayed in the first. I think a draw at a team on the rise, who play brilliant football, with a solid work ethic, and a great support is a good result, but hey, i'm an optimist.

Agreed, Don't think its that bad of a result given the fact that they have only been beaten once at home all season. Arsenal lost and Spurs drew there.

Oh the irony that a Chelsea youth product who failed to make it here scores against us :(

Fair play to Scott for not celebrating though. Didn't see the games just watched the highlights & that was enough to make me wanna slit my wrists.

Why the fuck Cahill wasn't playing I don't know. Bosingwa has been awful all season, AVB will probably play him against United as well as he got the equaliser. It would be absolutely shocking if Bertand doesn't play on Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bos or Paulo play instead. In fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if Malouda was put at left back over Bertand. Bos, Paulo, Malouda, Drogba all need to go in the summer. It's been like this for a while now but youngsters do not get the chance, Bos, Paulo, Malouda and Drogba will probably be here in five years time. I keep saying this but Meireles is nothing but a good squad player, he's got to be one of the players who's played most this season. We miss Lampard's goals and ability to create something out of nothing.

We need a new shape. I'm definitely willing to stick by AVB, I have faith in him but we have been very poor at times this season. Sinclair mate you should have been given your chance at Chelsea, in a weird way I'm glad he scored.

Only watched a little portion of the match (laggy stream, missed both goals) and not planning to watch the rest, but I find it quite funny Bosingwa's getting a stick when he got the equalizer, though I saw the highlight and it was a shit goal and I read Bosingwa's error led to the Sinclair goal (what a great goal, too). But was he really that terrible?