QPR 0-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

IF the rest of the team could play with half of the passion that has been shown by toress and luiz then we would not worry for the CL spot . Torres is not the problem , he is the outcome of the problem that has been ignored at chelsea for the last two season.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im probally going to get pasted for this but with Nando and Didier both failing badly do we put Kalou up top?

Yes i know he isnt Henry bla bla bla bla bla forget about all of that, he gets what we need right now so badly GOALS he scores them when he plays and we need them i dont give a fuck about anything else right now, we need GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not as a starter please... as a sub he can play from time to time.

Descent win.

I thought Torres was one of the best player in the first half.

If we have players setting up goal chances like he did for Sturridge we will improve our goals chances.

Apart from Torres first half, Ramires was again a beast in the team.

Second part very sad for Ramires. We will miss him a lot. Now Romeu and Essien will have to show what they got.

Great save by Cech. DL still made some childish mistake but overall doing much better.

No Cahill, so I assume he might play next game?

And last, Meireles in the midfield is becoming a bit of a ghost. This spot is the one to be taken over in the summer easily by whoever we get. Hopefully it will be Lucas. :)

I didn't get to watch the game as i had to attend a family thing. This told me everything i needed to know, Ta mate =D

IF the rest of the team could play with half of the passion that has been shown by toress and luiz then we would not worry for the CL spot . Torres is not the problem , he is the outcome of the problem that has been ignored at chelsea for the last two season.

Yeah when you watched a game like this and see that passion by Torres, then you can clearly see that what he was saying was the truth from the beginning. That our team is slow to build up, and that is not his type of game.

We need to play a fast tempo like Spurs or United. And it looks like it will never happen with the players we got.

It sucks cause Torres is getting all the stick for this pedestrian midfield.

I really think if AVB does great buys for midfield and wingers in the summer, then next season he should explode.

Chelsea should not marginalize Torres after the summer. He is not the problem!

We can get rid of Drogba, Malouda, and Kalou. And stick it with Lukaku, Torres, and Sturridge, or buy another striker and completely throw to waste 50 mill.....

He is doing damages to the team by doing that.

How though? I like many others don't mind holding my hands up when Torres plays grim, but over the last few games he hasn't been so. He's damned if does and damned if he doesn't. If he stood in his position the whole game he would get zero of the already non-existent support and the critics would say he shows no passion or work rate, he just stands with both arms the same length. So what he does is move around the park and help the team in this team game.

So what has he achieved by doing so? well in general he puts in a good team show and has the assists to prove it. Today he was arguably our most creative player after Mata. Is that what we want him to be? No. But right now that's all he can be, so he might as well do it.

We all know about the Torres issues, in fact, it's getting boring now. What's more boring though, is the constant beratement of one particular player, one week link in the over all precarious chain.

Like I said in other posts, and people have said in this thread, if Torres was our only and biggest problem, I'd be much happier about this team than I am.

Plenty of possession, great passing and movement, no final ball, lack of chances being created due to a lack of ideas, anyone noticed Sturridge has been pretty quiet since hes come back from that little injury? not to say hes anonymous but i haven't seen him trying to cut in onto his left with any real conviction for a few games now and if hes not scoring, neither is the team.

Edit: Also I've noticed David Luiz really seems to have upped his game since we signed Cahill, not to say hes the best defender in the world but the past few games hes been noticeably better, to my eyes at least

Plenty of possession, great passing and movement, no final ball, lack of chances being created due to a lack of ideas, anyone noticed Sturridge has been pretty quiet since hes come back from that little injury? not to say hes anonymous but i haven't seen him trying to cut in onto his left with any real conviction for a few games now and if hes not scoring, neither is the team.

Edit: Also I've noticed David Luiz really seems to have upped his game since we signed Cahill, not to say hes the best defender in the world but the past few games hes been noticeably better, to my eyes at least

Luiz has been in beast mode :D and Sturridge has been poor since Spurs away. Shame the only option we have to replace him is freaking Malouda.

Torres comes deep because nothing is happening. He's being unselfish, in giving up his own position for the tem.

You'd expect a guy struggling for goals to be more selfish and to take the penalty kicks while Lampard is away.

We signed no proper wingers and are expecting too much from Mata for creativity. Mata should be playing right behind our main striker; close to the opposition penalty box but that's difficult with no one providing enough balls to him from midfield. I'd honestly go for Lukaku right now, we need someone to be a bit more physical in the box and hold up the ball since most of our wide players are drifting in which leads to a lot of crosses from A.Cole and sometimes Ivanovic.

A Real shame for Ramires, we need Essien to get back to fitness quicker because of this because without Ramires we are stuck with no dynamic midfielder as well.

Overall a poor game, I would not say any of our attacking players did anything good; Torres had one good situation the entire time(where he got through 2 QPR players on the right wing, other than that a lot of bad first touches and poor passes; Sturridge won the penalty and had a strong shot other than that didn't do anything; Ramires was quite until getting injured but was one of the players who always got into the box on time; Malouda was alright keeping the ball but his final pass and shooting was all over the place; Mata had a few good passes, but mostly ineffectual because he had to get too deep to retrieve the ball.

Defense and Cech were positive once again - didn't have much too do but dominated QPR during the few times they attacked.

You'd expect a guy struggling for goals to be more selfish and to take the penalty kicks while Lampard is away.

We signed no proper wingers and are expecting too much from Mata for creativity. Mata should be playing right behind our main striker; close to the opposition penalty box but that's difficult with no one providing enough balls to him from midfield. I'd honestly go for Lukaku right now, we need someone to be a bit more physical in the box and hold up the ball since most of our wide players are drifting in which leads to a lot of crosses from A.Cole and sometimes Ivanovic.

A Real shame for Ramires, we need Essien to get back to fitness quicker because of this because without Ramires we are stuck with no dynamic midfielder as well.

Overall a poor game, I would not say any of our attacking players did anything good; Torres had one good situation the entire time(where he got through 2 QPR players on the right wing, other than that a lot of bad first touches and poor passes; Sturridge won the penalty and had a strong shot other than that didn't do anything; Ramires was quite until getting injured but was one of the players who always got into the box on time; Malouda was alright keeping the ball but his final pass and shooting was all over the place; Mata had a few good passes, but mostly ineffectual because he had to get too deep to retrieve the ball.

Defense and Cech were positive once again - didn't have much too do but dominated QPR during the few times they attacked.

Torres doesn't take pens.

Torres doesn't take pens.

Maybe he should start, doesn't seem likely he would have too many other chances and the few he does get are very poorly executed. Maybe taking on a bit more responsibility would have a positive effect on him.

Maybe he should start, doesn't seem likely he would have too many other chances and the few he does get are very poorly executed. Maybe taking on a bit more responsibility would have a positive effect on him.

And if he'd have missed? Confidence, if it wasn't before, would've beyond beyond rock bottom.

And if he'd have missed? Confidence, if it wasn't before, would've beyond beyond rock bottom.

It would confirm he has no place in our squad, fuck his confidence it's rock bottom already. If he is able to get himself into a deeper hole mentally it would just prove he is not cut out for Chelsea. I don't wish to shield anyone - it's as much his fault as it is our management for signing him without signing proper creative midfielders to create chances he can convert. Sure I might support him when I'm at the game, but as soon as I leave the West Stand

my patience is left there as well.