Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly sell Ramires if it meant getting Pogba.

And play him where? Ramires so far has started one game this season - against Everton, which is a big game in my eyes. We will rarely use 4-3-3 apart from in the bigger games, is it really worth buying Pogba to play 4-3-3 in the big games when its blatantly obvious that Fabregas will play next to Matic with Oscar or Willian as number 10 in most games?

Pogba would be a luxury signing, we've got an established team and set up, predominately playing 4-2-3-1 in the smaller games and looking at how we set up against Everton, 4-3-3 in bigger games.

And play him where? Ramires so far has started one game this season - against Everton, which is a big game in my eyes. We will rarely use 4-3-3 apart from in the bigger games, is it really worth buying Pogba to play 4-3-3 in the big games when its blatantly obvious that Fabregas will play next to Matic with Oscar or Willian as number 10 in most games?

Pogba would be a luxury signing, we've got an established team and set up, predominately playing 4-2-3-1 in the smaller games and looking at how we set up against Everton, 4-3-3 in bigger games.

Pogba could do what Oscar does. He doesn't operate as a 10 anyways. we don't have a traditional 10, plus Pogba could do what Oscar does, but better.

I don't get why we would spend 60M in a player that we don't even need in the first place...

Did I miss the memo where it was said we have a midfield issue? You spend this exorbitant amount of money in a position you desperately need to strengthen.

Squawka just had an article asking if Matic + Cesc is the best midfield in England... They need to make adjustments because Cesc is new in the team and we've clearly changed our system. But I think it's bewildering to think Mourinho would break the bank for a player that could, possibly, maybe improve us some.

Cesc's best position is playing as a #8, to replace Oscar for Cesc and have Pogba as the #8, it makes no sense because we're moving one of our best players (Cesc) out of this best position to accommodate someone that won't offer what he does there. When Mourinho wants more physicality in the team as well as pace then Oscar offers, we switch to a 4-3-3 with Ramires... Pogba could play where Oscar plays, but he isn't as tactical, he can do some things better, but his tactical awareness and obedience isn't remotely close.

Actually except a CB for next season - as we don't know how Terry will end the season, I don't see us needing improvement in any of the starting eleven players. Even the AMs suggested all around won't improve us much, few of them are working hard players like Mourinho wants and needs in the system. We have balance. I said this in the English players thread and I'll repeat it here... the teams that last dominated for real European football were Bayern and before them Barcelona. They didn't have absolutely stars and beasts in all 11 starting eleven positions. With fair money we could improve our bench - like we did with Remy. Our starting eleven is settled unless a serious injury comes our way - knocks the wood.

I'm not saying Pogba isn't good, I'm saying that it makes no sense spend 60M on him. A new three-year period starts for FPP next season. Why break the bank so early? We don't have much of deadwood anymore to get rid of... So I don't see us doing this kind of business.

I don't get why we would spend 60M in a player that we don't even need in the first place...

Did I miss the memo where it was said we have a midfield issue? You spend this exorbitant amount of money in a position you desperately need to strengthen.

Squawka just had an article asking if Matic + Cesc is the best midfield in England... They need to make adjustments because Cesc is new in the team and we've clearly changed our system. But I think it's bewildering to think Mourinho would break the bank for a player that could, possibly, maybe improve us some.

Cesc's best position is playing as a #8, to replace Oscar for Cesc and have Pogba as the #8, it makes no sense because we're moving one of our best players (Cesc) out of this best position to accommodate someone that won't offer what he does there. When Mourinho wants more physicality in the team as well as pace then Oscar offers, we switch to a 4-3-3 with Ramires... Pogba could play where Oscar plays, but he isn't as tactical, he can do some things better, but his tactical awareness and obedience isn't remotely close.

Actually except a CB for next season - as we don't know how Terry will end the season, I don't see us needing improvement in any of the starting eleven players. Even the AMs suggested all around won't improve us much, few of them are working hard players like Mourinho wants and needs in the system. We have balance. I said this in the English players thread and I'll repeat it here... the teams that last dominated for real European football were Bayern and before them Barcelona. They didn't have absolutely stars and beasts in all 11 starting eleven positions. With fair money we could improve our bench - like we did with Remy. Our starting eleven is settled unless a serious injury comes our way - knocks the wood.

I'm not saying Pogba isn't good, I'm saying that it makes no sense spend 60M on him. A new three-year period starts for FPP next season. Why break the bank so early? We don't have much of deadwood anymore to get rid of... So I don't see us doing this kind of business.

If we acquire Pogba, its Oscar who is at risk. 4-3-3, Matic in the Makelele role, Cesc playmaker, Pogba as box to box. Its looking less likely I must say though, midfield looks stacked right now.

Pogba is good, but he's massively overrated. Best young player in the world, yeah right.

Can't believe people were saying he's one of the best midfielders in the world. I know at least 10 midfielders I'd have over him

Pogba would just replace Oscar in our system nothing else would change about our system. Don't really understand why Fabregas would have to change positions.

No offense but Pogba is the better player of the 2. I don't think there's much debating that. You can say Oscar is better in terms of tactical awareness and obedience but at the end of the day Pogba is the better player and it's not that close either.

Your right our team doesn't "need" any improvements, apart from maybe a CB ( depending on how JT plays this season), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still try to improve our squad. Not every signing we make has to be out of pure necessity.

Pogba would be a luxury signing but since when aren't we allowed to make luxury signings ?

Ofcourse we need to wait and see what this season brings but if Oscar plays the way he did last season then i wouldn't put it past us to go for a replacement (like Pogba for example) next season.

Edit - Also If i'm not mistaken Pogba only has 2 years left on his contract. If he doesn't sign a contract extension this season then he'll only have 1 season left on his contract next season.

So Juventus would basically be forced to sell him and would have to lower their asking price a bit.

Pogba is good, but he's massively overrated. Best young player in the world, yeah right.

Can't believe people were saying he's one of the best midfielders in the world. I know at least 10 midfielders I'd have over him

May be a tad overrated. But even Jose rates him highly and said he was the best young player in the world cup. Now obviously world cup performances alone can be deceiving but he has been playing well consistently and I think that is what is really important. You have to always give good performances every game and this guy can do that. If he continues on his upwards trajectory he could be one of the best midfielders in a few years.

But the price the media is throwing around (I believe in the region of 60M) is what really puts people off. I don't think we should break the bank for him because our midfield is really stacked at the moment and FFP does compel us to make smarter buys. However, if for some mad reason we could get him at a good price, say about the same we got for Matic, he could turn out a worthy investment.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You