Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna pretend I wouldn't be over the moon if we landed him but honestly I'm still quite content with Matic, Ramires, Fab if/when you do go 4-3-3.

This is it and what I've said all along. We're no worse off even if nothing comes of all this. I'd be delighted if he came to the club but a Matic/Fabregas midfield isn't bad either is it!

I'm returning to Wembley stadium tonight for the first time since we smashed Spurs in the FA Cup semi final 5-1 To watch Eminem. If i bump into Paul then I'm going to do the deal myself. Fuck it I've jyst had a payrise and I'm prepared to use my overdraft if I have to. The rent will have to go on hold for a year.

And what to you is a reputable source? :rolleyes:

Jason Burt in the Telegraph was linking us with Pogba in May

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10852796/Chelsea-want-to-sign-either-Paul-Pogba-Koke-or-Paulinho-after-agreeing-48m-deal-for-David-Luiz.html

The simple fact is that we weren't linked with Fabregas until a deal was very much underway at the start of June. Before that all the talk had been about him going to United. Now I don't generally think that Pogba being in London is a sign he's coming to us, but let's not re-write history and pretend that Fabregas's arrival was predicted by 'reputable sources' that far in advance of it happening. Like a lot of our deals it came quickly out of the blue.

And that's why it isn't really comparable. Because when Fabregas was in London for his commercial, reputable sources in Spain were already heavily linking him with a move to Stamford Bridge, whilst we haven't heard anything reputable about Pogba in weeks. That's my point. That's why it's different.

Been avoiding Arsenal Mania lately because I didn't feel like seeing those cunts celebrating their Premier League 14/15 trophy already, but I just went over there and looked at the "Non-Arsenal Transfer" thread.

They're absolutely SHITTING themselves about the possibility of us getting Pogba.

LOL

"It's so typical we can finally spend and Chelsea decide to go mental."

:lol:

I don't understand why people are getting themselves so worked up over such a non-story. It's never happening. We currently have Mikel, Ramires, Matic, Fabregas and a player a lot seem to have totally forgotten about, Van Ginkel. None of them seem to be going anywhere so we're not signing Pogba as far as I can see. And don't even get me started on the transfer fee...

I don't understand why people are getting themselves so worked up over such a non-story. It's never happening. We currently have Mikel, Ramires, Matic, Fabregas and a player a lot seem to have totally forgotten about, Van Ginkel. None of them seem to be going anywhere so we're not signing Pogba as far as I can see. And don't even get me started on the transfer fee...

A 6th CM never hurt anyone though did it.... ;)

And what to you is a reputable source? :rolleyes:

Jason Burt in the Telegraph was linking us with Pogba in May

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10852796/Chelsea-want-to-sign-either-Paul-Pogba-Koke-or-Paulinho-after-agreeing-48m-deal-for-David-Luiz.html

The simple fact is that we weren't linked with Fabregas until a deal was very much underway at the start of June. Before that all the talk had been about him going to United. Now I don't generally think that Pogba being in London is a sign he's coming to us, but let's not re-write history and pretend that Fabregas's arrival was predicted by 'reputable sources' that far in advance of it happening. Like a lot of our deals it came quickly out of the blue.

Best line of your post :blue scalf:

The difference between the Cesc signing and this is that it made sense. This doesn't.

Because if they bargain before the ruling they could end up paying less. A lawyers job is to assess the situation and look for the best possible solution, in this case it could be to settle now and save a few quid.

But that seems incredibly unlikely. The whole sum is 16m and that is shared between Juve and Torino, so it's 8m from Juve. And the settlement should be less than that obviously, so what? 4-6m? That's largely insignificant in a 60m transfer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You