Paul Pogba

Madmax

Exactly this. There's no way the board will spend all that money bringing in Pogba and Cesc only for them not to be starters. So in a 433 you're looking at a first choice combo of Matic-Cesc-Pogba and even in a 4231 Cesc would be first choice in the 10 ahead of Oscar. So if Pogba were to come here, Oscar would see very little playing time in his preferred position.

I wouldn't even play Oscar for the first couple of months of the season - the boy needs a full rest after what has been a busy few years worth of football. And especially after his total burnout towards the end of the season and the drubbing Brazil got in the semi final.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but it's well-known that Jose loves Ramires. In this case, it's unlikely it's just words.

Yes and some of us love our girlfriends but would swap them for Scarlett Johansson without hesitation if it was an option.

Mourinho only 'loves' Ramires because last season we didn't have anyone else with Ramires' skillset but if we had a world class midfielder like Pogba I honestly think Mourinho's supposed 'love' for Ramires would be put to a test.

Dude I know you're a Juve fan and think the world of that team but think for a second. Pogba is destined to be a World Star, Juve are not equipped to offer him the sort of wages and exposure Chelsea, City, Madrid and give him, he's got two years left on his contract meaning if he doesn't re-sign this summer it puts Juve in a predicament. They either sell him to the highest bidder i.e Chelsea who they have priors with or run the risk of losing him for nothing or much less the following year.

Not about Juve at all. He's not ready to move to Madrid or Barcelona or even Chelsea, for his sake, he needs to stay at least another year at Juve. As for us, we don't need him, he's not yet consistent enough to be in our starting XI, he doesn't fit our formation at all, we're already overloaded in his position, his price tag is beyond ridiculous, there hasn't been a single reliable source linking us to him, and he's not the right profile of player we are looking to sign; not the type of signing that conforms with the transfer policy we have been implementing recently and certainly not the profile of player we should sing in terms of what this squad needs for the balance of youth and experience.

On the plus side, he's big shiny name that everyone wants...

Yes and some of us love our girlfriends but would swap them for Scarlett Johansson without hesitation if it was an option.

Mourinho only 'loves' Ramires because last season we didn't have anyone else with Ramires' skillset but if we had a world class midfielder like Pogba I honestly think Mourinho's supposed 'love' for Ramires would be put to a test.

So so true. If we as fans who arent any football expert saw that Ramires was pretty much useless the entire season like Oscar last season than i have no doubt Mourinho thinks the same and wants to improve this aspect.

Not about Juve at all. He's not ready to move to Madrid or Barcelona or even Chelsea, for his sake, he needs to stay at least another year at Juve. As for us, we don't need him, he's not yet consistent enough to be in our starting XI, he doesn't fit our formation at all, we're already overloaded in his position, his price tag is beyond ridiculous, there hasn't been a single reliable source linking us to him, and he's not the right profile of player we are looking to sign; not the type of signing that conforms with the transfer policy we have been implementing recently and certainly not the profile of player we should sing in terms of what this squad needs for the balance of youth and experience.

On the plus side, he's big shiny name that everyone wants...

I agree he's not quite at that level yet but what does keeping him at Juve accomplish? Nothing. Here we will be working with a world renown trainer and motivator in Jose. At Juve he'll likely see more games but if he doesn't sign an extension they will lose out on a huge pay day.

We do not yet know how Jose will deploy his team, sure in the past we have played with a 10 but that could change to 4-3-3 as it did on many occasions this past season. I'm not gonna pretend to know what Jose is thinking, I do think we are looking at Pogba though... Too much smoke for there not to be at least an inquiry.

Smoke... Pogba had an okay World Cup yet Jose calls him the young player of the tourney? He didn't even play all the matches. https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/mourinho-best-world-cup-player-004405488.html

We do not yet know how Jose will deploy his team, sure in the past we have played with a 10 but that could change to 4-3-3 as it did on many occasions this past season. I'm not gonna pretend to know what Jose is thinking, I do think we are looking at Pogba though... Too much smoke for there not to be at least an inquiry.

Smoke... Pogba had an okay World Cup yet Jose calls him the young player of the tourney? He didn't even play all the matches. https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/mourinho-best-world-cup-player-004405488.html

there's not even much smoke tbh

Just Jongen@JustJongen 2m

Paul Pogba Agent Mino Raiola : Paul to Chelsea? They are fantasies. Juve are perfect. There were no meetings.#CFC

Spoil sport. Might as well close this thread now then.

And now that's been cleared that up, you can go to the Modric/Khedira threads as they are the ones you're more clearly more interested in...

I agree he's not quite at that level yet but what does keeping him at Juve accomplish? Nothing. Here we will be working with a world renown trainer and motivator in Jose. At Juve he'll likely see more games but if he doesn't sign an extension they will lose out on a huge pay day.

You've got to love the TC members who suddenly turn into Sherlock Holmes when we're simply mentioned alongside one of their favourite players or current 'flavour of the month'; trying to desperately piece together 0 + 0 to get 2! :lol:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You