Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, Pogba is World Class and clearly one of the 10 best midfielders in the world. He is better than any of our midfielders (it's not that impressive), but also he would play in the starting eleven of any team team in the world.

He don't need to prove nothing in Europe or in his national team, at least not more than Neymar, Hazard, or other young great players in the world that also won nothing in Europe (Pogba at least won big competitions in a great football country).

Shaw is "worth" 30M£ because he is English, Pogba is "worth" 50M£ because he is incredible.

Pogba is not a player with talent that can be really good, he already is a world class player like Varane was one year ago (before his injury, right now I have some doubts specially because in Spain they say he plays with pain),

I think for some the tag world class comes only with longevity, when I watch Pogba I judge him on what I see now. He is without a doubt burgeoning on world class and we would be dumb not to take advantage of the crazy money we acquired for Luiz and not take it to reinvest on a player who looks like the second coming of the most influential player in the Prem.

But it's crazy to think at the same age and only two seasons later this kid is worth nearly twice we payed for Eden or 20m more. It's insane and makes as much sense as paying 100m on Bale. Just because some crazy person is willing to ask as much it doesn't mean we should pay it just because we have the money. It's a really obscene fee imo. I'd pay as much for a guy like Suarez who's proved and in his prime and a guy in a position we desperately need. Cavani also fits the bill but Pogba? No way in hell

The only reason Eden was just £32m was because:

1. That was his release clause if I remember correctly

2. He wasn't playing for a top team like Juventus.

In today's market, a 21 year old Hazard could easily go for £50m if the above variables were true... So in my opinion it's not really that comparable.

In my opinion we need a top class CM just as much as we need a top class CF, so if the club did spend £50m on someone who I already consider world class and has the scope to even get better then honestly I don't really have a problem with it. Age is really irrelevant with talents like Pogba or Hazard.

Ronaldo

Messi

Zlatan

There is world class right there.

Who are the world class midfielders? Yaya Toure? I'd say Pogba is closest thing to Yaya in world football and is VERY close to world class. How much would you pay for a 22/23 yr old Yaya Toure?

Up to and including the 21st year to my understanding.

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)."

Could be either way, really. Pogba turned 21 in March so "the season during which he turned 21" could be 2013/14 because he already turned 21 before the season ended, or it could be 2014/15 which would allow him to get the remaining few months of training in England and thus qualify as a homegrown player.

The rules are really confusing IMO.

So reading around we have..

1. 65ME is a bargain

2. He's world class

I respect opinions but seriously this is too much to take.

The money involved doesn't make it a bargain whatsoever but it would be worth it IMO. Saying something would be well worth it is not the same as saying something is a bargain.

He is world class already IMO, I would already consider him a top 10 CM in the world.

Who are the world class midfielders? Yaya Toure? I'd say Pogba is closest thing to Yaya in world football and is VERY close to world class. How much would you pay for a 22/23 yr old Yaya Toure?

I think what you are looking for is something in front of the words 'World Class' like potential to be…...

I think what you are looking for is something in front of the words 'World Class' like potential to be…...

Subjective.

I think he's very close. Who are the players who you think classify as 'world class' in his position? Vidal, Yaya and?

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)."

Could be either way, really. Pogba turned 21 in March so "the season during which he turned 21" could be 2013/14 because he already turned 21 before the season ended, or it could be 2014/15 which would allow him to get the remaining few months of training in England and thus qualify as a homegrown player.

The rules are really confusing IMO.

The rules leave too much ambiguity to be honest but I think that because he'll be in England for at least 6 months before he turns 22 that they could potentially consider him HG.

You're right though, the rules are just too confusing but I'd like to think that I'm right in this matter.

Subjective.

I think he's very close. Who are the players who you think classify as 'world class' in his position? Vidal, Yaya and?

Them two and that's it.

The price IMO is just bordering on stupid. Just because we sell Luiz for 50m it is no reason to go all in and spunk the lot on one player. Yes the Luiz sale gives us great ammunition in this window but we shouldn't use the kid in a sweet shop scenario, ready to spend all it's pocket money.

The 50M from the sale of Luiz can go on a number of areas. Like already discussed for example…..30M for Shaw (Which I don't agree with that price either) but I will use it as an example here, then leaving 20M plus what ever we choose to add to it for a top quality CM to sit alongside Matic. Personally, Rakitic for me but again that's open for debate.

The rules leave too much ambiguity to be honest but I think that because he'll be in England for at least 6 months before he turns 22 that they could potentially consider him HG.

You're right though, the rules are just too confusing but I'd like to think that I'm right in this matter.

Yeah, I too think Pogba would be considered HG because Lukaku will most likely be too and even in his case he will only have been training in England 36 months in August this year, which is three months after his 21st birthday. I was just commenting that it could be the other way around too because the wording in the HG rule is bullshit.

The way things are now we always need to make our own assumptions and read between the lines on how the 36 months is calculated, how loans affect meeting the HG requirements etc. Surely it wouldn't take them much effort to write up a few clarifying sentences in the rulebook and perhaps have a couple of examples so everyone can understand them. Then again, this is the FA we're talking about here...

Them two and that's it.

The price IMO is just bordering on stupid. Just because we sell Luiz for 50m it is no reason to go all in and spunk the lot on one player. Yes the Luiz sale gives us great ammunition in this window but we shouldn't use the kid in a sweet shop scenario, ready to spend all it's pocket money.

this transfer kitty is play money. No one thought we'd sell Luiz let alone for that much... We have the opportunity to make a luxury buy who potentially can make us the most complete teams in the world(with a striker of course) These types of players, if they ever become available, don't come cheap! Its a rare opportunity to grow the club, we don't have to worry about money just the right players. There aren't many players in the world that can do the job Pogba is capable of... In my mind substituting Pogba of Luiz dollar for dollar is a no brainer. PSG put us in a position where the money we pay for Pogba doesn't really matter, he won't be on crazy wages....

this transfer kitty is play money. No one thought we'd sell Luiz let alone for that much... We have the opportunity to make a luxury buy who potentially can make us the most complete teams in the world(with a striker of course) These types of players, if they ever become available, don't come cheap! Its a rare opportunity to grow the club, we don't have to worry about money just the right players. There aren't many players in the world that can do the job Pogba is capable of... In my mind substituting Pogba of Luiz dollar for dollar is a no brainer. PSG put us in a position where the money we pay for Pogba doesn't really matter, he won't be on crazy wages....

You sure about that? at least £100k+ per week dude, maybe even £150k+. He got Mino Raiola for an agent, no chance he become one of the most expensive player in history on small wages/

The 50M from the sale of Luiz can go on a number of areas. Like already discussed for example…..30M for Shaw (Which I don't agree with that price either) but I will use it as an example here, then leaving 20M plus what ever we choose to add to it for a top quality CM to sit alongside Matic. Personally, Rakitic for me but again that's open for debate.

Rakitic? how much do you think he will cost? does he put in a tackle? have the ability to win the ball back? Doesn't strike me as a Jose type player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You