Paul Pogba

Madmax

So, win a treble and then go out and sign Arda Turan and Paul Pogba. Barca-logic.

Meanwhile, win the League and get knocked out in the Round of 16 of the Champions League, and "we are happy with the team. being champions means anyone coming in is not starting over these players." Mourinho-logic.

I which one these two entities I love, but I also know which logic I'd prefer.

Just wait till the end of the transfer season before saying stuff like this...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pogba and his price tag 80m in newspapers is always in euros...he would cost around 57m pounds.

I guess some take all transfers to be in pounds, but apart from Uk all transfers are in euros...it can get confusing at times.

Sterling would cost us 69m euros, not that far from what juve wants for Pogba.

Crazy. I wouldn't even want to pay half of that for him.

The way I see it is while the prices quoted for him are extreme to say the least, would you pay that money for the best part of a decade for a Vieira/Essien type player? I know I would. Also like BlueLyon said 70-80m is in Euros so in pounds is about £57m which while excessive isn't THAT bad.

If rumours are true Neymar cost the best part of 100m and like Pogba now some people thought he was massively overhyped and worth £40m max, tbh I actually love what I see of Pogba and everyone who I have asked who have seen him play regularly say he's the real deal.

If we want to compete regularly with the top teams in Europe we need to go after the cream of the crop and unfortunately they don't come even relatively cheap unless we get lucky with a release clause (Costa).

The way I see it is while the prices quoted for him are extreme to say the least, would you pay that money for the best part of a decade for a Vieira/Essien type player? I know I would. Also like BlueLyon said 70-80m is in Euros so in pounds is about £57m which while excessive isn't THAT bad.

If rumours are true Neymar cost the best part of 100m and like Pogba now some people thought he was massively overhyped and worth £40m max, tbh I actually love what I see of Pogba and everyone who I have asked who have seen him play regularly say he's the real deal.

If we want to compete regularly with the top teams in Europe we need to go after the cream of the crop and unfortunately they don't come even relatively cheap unless we get lucky with a release clause (Costa).

I will never get behind this, man. 57m is 'world-class attacking player at the peak of his powers' money.

I wouldn't pay 57m for Essien or Vieira now either.

Pogba and his price tag 80m in newspapers is always in euros...he would cost around 57m pounds.

I guess some take all transfers to be in pounds, but apart from Uk all transfers are in euros...it can get confusing at times.

Sterling would cost us 69m euros, not that far from what juve wants for Pogba.

If its 69m euros honestly we should be all over it. You don't get everyday someone like him who also is only 22.

it's not even a trustable source when it says that lapota has reached an agreement with pogba and BARCA???

confirms an agreement exists with Pogba and Barcelona? why would that not be believable lol....especially when it is well known Raiola and Laporta are best buddies. Catalan radio btw was the first station to confirm Cesc to Chelsea.

confirms an agreement exists with Pogba and Barcelona? why would that not be believable lol....especially when it is well known Raiola and Laporta are best buddies. Catalan radio btw was the first station to confirm Cesc to Chelsea.

you didn't understand , it says "Laporta confirms an agreement exists with Pogba and FCB". Laporta has some kind of agreement with Barca???

each presidential candidate has their own electoral weapons, much like bartomeu did with the signing of Arda Turan. similarly Laporta being a former president (even longer than bartomeu) and like bartomeu himself must have people with similar connections inside on the managing committee to make sure this signing goes through.

currently Bartomeu is favourite which is good for us, but if Laporta wins guaranteed he must have struck an agreement with Mino Raiola to bring Pogba to Barcelona.

you didn't understand , it says "Laporta confirms an agreement exists with Pogba and FCB". Laporta has some kind of agreement with Barca???

So, win a treble and then go out and sign Arda Turan and Paul Pogba. Barca-logic.

Meanwhile, win the League and get knocked out in the Round of 16 of the Champions League, and "we are happy with the team. being champions means anyone coming in is not starting over these players." Mourinho-logic.

I which one these two entities I love, but I also know which logic I'd prefer.

Yes sure lest blow our whole transfer budget on a 21 year old who okay could maybe be be world class in 3 or 4 years or maybe not, for 100M its not a gamble worth taking honestly. Lets remember he plays in Italy, in the best team by a mile, where he is given more freedom to do what he wants and limited defensive responsibility. Hes not good enough to get that here. Fabregas and Hazard are the only guys who should get that bit of freedom here. Mourinho logic: buy what you need to improve your first 11 and squad.. Costa, Fabregas, Courtois (recalled), Remy, Drogba (mentally helped, a true winner). Not go and spunk 100M on a player who could be world class but who could also never hit that top top level like we've seen with Bale this season at Madrid, also considering playing in Italy is totally different to playing here no matter position, no matter who you are. Cuadrado and Salah deals springs to mind... Salah excelled in Italy, didn't look so comfortable here in limited appearances though.

Now Raiola is asking the 10% of commision for the signing to Pogba for Barca and They, rejected that. Another point in the Pogba case.

Overrated and overpaid player, and also, a problematic agent, 1000 times worst than Mendes.

Thanks to god that we now don't make crazy transfers, probably thank to the FFP, If not, I would be very scared thinking in that we could make a crazy thing for this guy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You