Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand all the hype around him...

Same here. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but I've yet to be convinced that he's the next big thing. Juventus will miss Vidal to a greater extent, IMO.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but I've yet to be convinced that he's the next big thing. Juventus will miss Vidal to a greater extent, IMO.

A few years back the same thing was both said about Hazard and especially Neymar, both have proven to be worth every bit of their hype and then some.

Every person I have spoke to who watch people regularly say Pogba is just as good as the hype suggests if not better, In a few years time like with Neymar and Hazard now, Pogba will be one of the key players at a club challenging on all fronts and his admittedly steep price tag like with Neymar (we got very lucky Hazard had a release clause) will be a distant memory.

I encourage you to watch how teams play against him. He is without question one of the best players in the world and he's 21... He has everything to his game, I don't understand why you can't see this.

"I think everybody has an interest in Pogba. But there are things you can do and things you cannot do. I love the Eiffel Tower, but I can't have the Eiffel Tower in my garden. I can't even have the Eiffel Tower of Las Vegas."

~ Jose Mourinho on Paul Pogba

:lol: :lol:

He is big and can do some fancy tricks. Not to mention that he has a nice compilation of goals on youtube. Anything of that sort is guaranteed to make people got a little too excited. From what I've seen he is a physically imposing but often lazy attacking midfielder. Not a CM and definitely not a CDM. I've seen some ridiculous dribbles where he utilises his technique and strength; so I think that is where his future lies. He has solid shooting, passing and dribbling techniques on top of his athleticism. He has it all to be an amazing player but we can only wait and see. He could end up similar to Yaya Toure. Wasted in the wrong positions and not realising his potential till far too late in his career.

I understand Mourinho's comments, but I honestly believe we can afford him by putting the right deal in. Oscar + £35-40m would interest Juve, but I guess the lack of interest is to do with the board.

A few years back the same thing was both said about Hazard and especially Neymar, both have proven to be worth every bit of their hype and then some.

Every person I have spoke to who watch people regularly say Pogba is just as good as the hype suggests if not better, In a few years time like with Neymar and Hazard now, Pogba will be one of the key players at a club challenging on all fronts and his admittedly steep price tag like with Neymar (we got very lucky Hazard had a release clause) will be a distant memory.

Only time will tell. For every Neymar and Hazard there is an Eric Djemba-Djemba or Freddy Adu.

Duncan Castles says he rejected City and is close to signing for Barcelona. 80 million euros, 16/17. Also that Mourinho admires him but we never made an offer as he is 'beyond our reach'. Pretty much what Mourinho said the other day.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You