Paul Pogba

Madmax

Iniesta can still play in that team for a few more years yet though. I don't think hes past it and hes starting to play a bit more like Xavi, doesn't make as many dribbles as he once did and touches the ball a lot more.

If Pogba goes there he might replace Rakitic more than anybody but his defensive side would need to improve so much because you see what Rakitic has given Barca this year in terms of tackles and interceptions as well as interchanging with Busquets, holding his position at times as he used to also play as a 6 at Basel and in Germany.

Still think the only team where he should go is probably PSG or here if we do go to a 3 man midfield but I don't think going to Real, Barca, City or United makes any sense now.

I just can't see Pogba replacing Rakitic because they're entirely different as players. They want to phase Iniesta out, and Pogba is a very nice replacement for him if he fulfills his huge potential.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't see Pogba replacing Rakitic because they're entirely different as players. They want to phase Iniesta out, and Pogba is a very nice replacement for him if he fulfills his huge potential.

Pogba and Iniesta for me, are even more different.

They are basically both box to box players in their teams though. So it would only make sense for Pogba to take his place. For Pogba to take Iniesta's role, where he has more of an influence regarding control of the game and tempo would make no sense.

Hi friend!

Pogba will be filthy rich anyway. Signing for City, United, PSG, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern ... staying at Juventus. Whatever he does, Pogba is going to have so much money that he could not spend even in three lives.

But Pogba have to choose, or stay with his agent and a multimillion dollar contract to have a few million more (as has happened to Ibra), or signing for a serious club with a team and project consolidated and fight every year to win Champions League.

People like Raiola should not exist in the world of football. Football is not just business.

Regards.

Thank you. He will be rich and very quickly forgotten if he doesn't win trophies.

• 3 weeks later...

If we are basing it on where he has family, his brother plays for Partick Thistle so I'm assuming he will be living in Scotland already/ or very soon, so should we also make Partick Thistle a potential destination?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You