Paul Pogba

Madmax

This Arsenal fan/journalist Ben Fairthorne from twitter really thinks it would be a battle between us and PSG. He's a bulshiter as far as i noticed though....

The battles are bad :ph34r: . So, we kindly leave go Pogba to Paris, and we bring Verratti to Stamford, and all happy :yay: .

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also mention Koke as a 2nd choice if we can't get Pogba. I hope it's the other way around.

Think Koke is better with the ball under pressure, and make quick passes. the fact he's Spanish and played against real and Barca made him used to massive press. Im not sure Pogba has it. And Koke is also much more a work-horse, would be perfect with Cesc and Matic imo. Pogba will score more goals and do more 'amazing' stuff everyone will talk about, but to me Koke is the better player over a full 90 minutes.

Yeah I remember saying give Oscar to Juventus as they might want him and we get Pogba.

So hopefully this is true.

This would be great. I'm starting to get cold feet if they want Ramires too though. however, maybe that opens a spot for Ruben?

74 mil pounds for potential... these fees can't be real.

what makes you think its just potential? He's the most important midfielder on Juventus, a team in the q-finals of the champs league. He was the best midfielder in France's setup at the World cup. He is, in my opinion, World Class or very very close to it which is why all the top teams in the world want him

what makes you think its just potential? He's the most important midfielder on Juventus, a team in the q-finals of the champs league. He was the best midfielder in France's setup at the World cup. He is, in my opinion, World Class or very very close to it which is why all the top teams in the world want him

Most important midfielder at Juve? That's your opinion. Best midfielder for France at the World Cup? Very possible but he was decent at best. That's just my opinion though.

Pogba is one of the most talented youngsters in football. A player capable of producing some very exciting moments. But I have not seen him carry his team (over the course of a season), neither does he stand out when facing other top teams with quality midfielders. If there is one criticism I would have to pick out for him, it would be that his performances in the CL have been quite bland (not surprising, he's 21). The Serie A is not what it once was.

I rate Pogba's potential very, very highly but he has not shown anything to command a fee that would make him one of the most expensive players of all time. That's the kind a fee you usually pay for a player that has been among the very best in the world for multiple years. I realise that players cost a lot more nowadays, but even in today's market that would be ridiculous. Up there with the Bale, James Rodriguez, Di Maria and Neymar transfers (it turned out Neymar cost Barca between €80 and 90 mil) in terms of insanity.

€100 mil! He's not even enjoyed a season like Suarez in 13/14, Kaka in 06/07, or Ronaldo in 07/08. So yes, it would be based on potential. Paying that kind of money for potential is a dangerous game.

Of course, if the club is in a position to buy Pogba for such a fee (I don't see Pogba joining btw) and still strengthen other positions in the team, I would not complain.

€100 mil! He's not even enjoyed a season like Suarez in 13/14, Kaka in 06/07, or Ronaldo in 07/08. So yes, it would be based on potential. Paying that kind of money for potential is a dangerous game.

That 100m figure was thrown out by his agent btw, so I wouldn't be attached to that tbf.

He and Marotta (Juventus director) want to command the biggest fee and thus they are talking about such figures. By their assessments in due time, 2 years ago Pogba was worth 40m€, something like year ago Pogba was "only" worth 60m€. Now 100m€. For fuck sake, they only want to keep talking and want to get to people head, when they see another Pogba's stunner, to think "yeah, maybe they're right, 40 - 60 - and now 100 is a fair price for him". Through this talk they want to make him very marketable playere and nsure that they're going to rip someone's off very badly . They speak about Pogba every 2-3 weeks, don't want to shut up for a period, instead keep the product as hot as possible.

Back to Earth though, I think his price at the end will be reasonable. I don't see anything over 60m€ unless someone will be desperate.

That 100m figure was thrown out by his agent btw, so I wouldn't be attached to that tbf.

He and Marotta (Juventus director) want to command the biggest fee and thus they are talking about such figures. By their assessments in due time, 2 years ago Pogba was worth 40m€, something like year ago Pogba was "only" worth 60m€. Now 100m€. For fuck sake, they only want to keep talking and want to get to people head, when they see another Pogba's stunner, to think "yeah, maybe they're right, 40 - 60 - and now 100 is a fair price for him". Through this talk they want to make him very marketable playere and nsure that they're going to rip someone's off very badly . They speak about Pogba every 2-3 weeks, don't want to shut up for a period, instead keep the product as hot as possible.

Back to Earth though, I think his price at the end will be reasonable. I don't see anything over 60m€ unless someone will be desperate.

I can see Real dishing over €60 mil, like they did for James. If so, I would gladly take Modric, while they enjoy Kroos, Pogba, Isco and James.

Most important midfielder at Juve? That's your opinion. Best midfielder for France at the World Cup? Very possible but he was decent at best. That's just my opinion though.

Pogba is one of the most talented youngsters in football. A player capable of producing some very exciting moments. But I have not seen him carry his team (over the course of a season), neither does he stand out when facing other top teams with quality midfielders. If there is one criticism I would have to pick out for him, it would be that his performances in the CL have been quite bland (not surprising, he's 21). The Serie A is not what it once was.

I rate Pogba's potential very, very highly but he has not shown anything to command a fee that would make him one of the most expensive players of all time. That's the kind a fee you usually pay for a player that has been among the very best in the world for multiple years. I realise that players cost a lot more nowadays, but even in today's market that would be ridiculous. Up there with the Bale, James Rodriguez, Di Maria and Neymar transfers (it turned out Neymar cost Barca between €80 and 90 mil) in terms of insanity.

Of course, if the club is in a position to buy Pogba for such a fee (I don't see Pogba joining btw) and still strengthen other positions in the team, I would not complain.

Who is more important Pogba to Juve? Pirlo? Vidal? Come on.... He was without question France's best midfielder and continues to be today.

Here's what you don't get though, at 22 he is one of the most influential players on both teams he plays on. You don't have to play consistently well for an entire season either, the market dictates your value. There is a real shortage of quality midfielders and defenders, just last season Fellaini went for 30m. At current you can't find me one midfielder who is in Pobga's role who can have the types of performances he is having. Its not by mistake every big team in Europe want him, he is fantastic.

Having said that I seriously doubt his fee will be 74M but at the same time I don't think teams are lining up to sign him based on potential. He is a fantastic player today and his potential only makes him more desirable.

I can see Real dishing over €60 mil, like they did for James. If so, I would gladly take Modric, while they enjoy Kroos, Pogba, Isco and James.

Modric is gonna be 30 at the start of the season and coming off an injury that kept him out for 4 months... You really think that is prudent spending? I don't

Think if we really showing our real interest in Pogba this summer, he will want the move. He is looks like stuck and bored in Juventus to me. HG and world class player. 40-50 millions would do.

I don't remember the details but someone posted a while back to explain that, in fact, Poga just missed out on qualifying as home grown.

I don't remember the details but someone posted a while back to explain that, in fact, Poga just missed out on qualifying as home grown.

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2377230/premier-league-managers-split-over-fas-home-grown-proposals

It is still a plan and still discussed, yes if it's accepted, Pogba might not categorized as a HG anymore, so does Fabregas.

Modric is gonna be 30 at the start of the season and coming off an injury that kept him out for 4 months... You really think that is prudent spending? I don't

Yes. I don't understand this obsession with signing only young players. A player contributing for 3, 4 years would be great as well. 3-4 years is a very long time in football. Modric has been performing at a high level since his Tottenham days. A 4 month injury won't kill him. Even better, he's already been doing well since his return. He was one of the better players on the pitch in the recent Clasico.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You