Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunch of deadwood + Salah + Oscar + some money = Koke + Pogba

$25 + $15 + $35 + $55 = $50 + $70

then we can talk CL nex season...

No room for both. Unless you're one of the freaks who wants Cesc out of the line up.

We need goals in our squad we already have a bunch of guys who love to pass it. Pogba is the buy, play him in the 10 and we will dominate the epl for years to come. I promise this.

I agree that with Pogba we'll probably dominate the league, but the thing im not sure about in Pogba its his contribution against the really big teams in Europe, teams who play with high pressure on the ball, when there's no time to think. For me he didnt show he's as tidy and quick on the ball as Koke or Isco for example, it seems that unlike them its not his nature, how he grow as a player. But, he might be as good as them on the ball, maybe he didnt had the chance to show that in Seria A, where pressing is not a huge factor like in La Liga. I believe he can do that but the chance he wont will cost us 70m euros or more. And i think this next big signing for midfield will be crucial, it will define if we can get to the next level or stay in the same place. Which is a good place to be, but it will be very hard to win CL titles this way and to get to the status of "Top 4 in Europe" along with the three obvious teams.

There's actually another thing, his work rate is questionable for me when i look also at Koke. But with that im sure Jose can do his magic.

I sincerely believe that with the passage of time Pogba will not be a pure midfielder and he will become CF (Centre Forward) such as Yaya Toure in his last stage in City.

I do not think Pogba is a player with the tactical discipline to play as a pure midfielder. In fact in the last year Pogba play less concerned about aspects of tactical discipline in the midfield and he cares more for offensive aspects.

For box to box position is needed a huge tactical discipline as Yaya or Fabregas. To me Pogba is too anarchic in this sense despite being one the first or second player in the world with more future.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that will be the natural evolution of Pogba, a position like number 10 or something like that.

Obviously relate Pogba along with Zidane is very easy because they are from the same country. But I think Pogba in the future will have a position / role very similar to Zidane on the pitch for give an example.

But in any case his future is undoubtedly enormous and I hope that this great future will be with US.

Regards.

I agree that with Pogba we'll probably dominate the league, but the thing im not sure about in Pogba its his contribution against the really big teams in Europe, teams who play with high pressure on the ball, when there's no time to think. For me he didnt show he's as tidy and quick on the ball as Koke or Isco for example, it seems that unlike them its not his nature, how he grow as a player. But, he might be as good as them on the ball, maybe he didnt had the chance to show that in Seria A, where pressing is not a huge factor like in La Liga. I believe he can do that but the chance he wont will cost us 70m euros or more. And i think this next big signing for midfield will be crucial, it will define if we can get to the next level or stay in the same place. Which is a good place to be, but it will be very hard to win CL titles this way and to get to the status of "Top 4 in Europe" along with the three obvious teams.

There's actually another thing, his work rate is questionable for me when i look also at Koke. But with that im sure Jose can do his magic.

Honestly I think pogba is close to the best box to box midfielder in the world, at the age of 22 no less. I know I'm not the only one either since all of Europes big clubs are lining up to get him.

Not sure why you're worried about his readiness against Europes biggest and best, some would still argue that Hazard has a lot to learn in how to approach those games. He's gotten much better this year but the previous two he often had no impact. Pogba is 22 on a good team, not a great team. If you surround him with better players he will flourish, that is what is appealing about his acquisition possibility. We don't need him to be our talisman, we need him to make our team more balanced and ultimately complete.

Let Jose address the workrate and tempo issues. They said hazard had poor workrate and now he is consistently our best performer. His trajectory is one of the best in Europe, higher than koke and WAY higher than Isco. If he reaches his full potential he will provide you with everything. Speed, power, technical excellence, vision, goals, assists, stability and defensive contribution. You can't find another player in the game that will offer that.

Honestly I think pogba is close to the best box to box midfielder in the world, at the age of 22 no less. I know I'm not the only one either since all of Europes big clubs are lining up to get him.

Not sure why you're worried about his readiness against Europes biggest and best, some would still argue that Hazard has a lot to learn in how to approach those games. He's gotten much better this year but the previous two he often had no impact. Pogba is 22 on a good team, not a great team. If you surround him with better players he will flourish, that is what is appealing about his acquisition possibility. We don't need him to be our talisman, we need him to make our team more balanced and ultimately complete.

Let Jose address the workrate and tempo issues. They said hazard had poor workrate and now he is consistently our best performer. His trajectory is one of the best in Europe, higher than koke and WAY higher than Isco. If he reaches his full potential he will provide you with everything. Speed, power, technical excellence, vision, goals, assists, stability and defensive contribution. You can't find another player in the game that will offer that.

Just to be clear, im not disagreeing with you, I hope you're right and I even think you are, im just slightly skeptical that's it.

As for Hazard against top clubs in Europe, it's different from Pogba, Hazard is an attacker, so people except him to contirbute on the final third. Pogba, like I said, needs to show his contribution in midfield. If he can't do that, it's hard to hide it and it will hurt us more than an attacker that let's say.. can't dribble past a defender.

Dream summer window would be Varane and Pogba; if we could get bale too, incredible but it wont happen. Our team would be best suited as a 4-3-3 anyways.

Courtois

Iva/Azpi-Varane-Zouma-Azpi/F.luis

Matic

Fabregeas - Pogba

-Willian/Bale --------Hazard

Costa

Very young, very talented. Would dominate the league

Dream summer window would be Varane and Pogba; if we could get bale too, incredible but it wont happen. Our team would be best suited as a 4-3-3 anyways.

Courtois

Iva/Azpi-Varane-Zouma-Azpi/F.luis

Matic

Fabregeas - Pogba

-Willian/Bale --------Hazard

Costa

Very young, very talented. Would dominate the league

Funny thing is that we would not even have a former youth team player in this line up.Not even an english player lol.

Just to be clear, im not disagreeing with you, I hope you're right and I even think you are, im just slightly skeptical that's it.

As for Hazard against top clubs in Europe, it's different from Pogba, Hazard is an attacker, so people except him to contirbute on the final third. Pogba, like I said, needs to show his contribution in midfield. If he can't do that, it's hard to hide it and it will hurt us more than an attacker that let's say.. can't dribble past a defender.

I'm not in any way, shape or form worried about what Paul Pogba can do in big games. His confidence is sky high and you only develop mentally later on. That's why I brought up Hazard, he is now mentally maturing into one of the greats in the big games... Mourinho has taught him to be a man in those situations and I have no doubt he will do the same for Pogba. 22.... That is a baby in footballing years,

Funny thing is that we would not even have a former youth team player in this line up.Not even an english player lol.

The home grown wouldnt matter i dont think right because of Fabregas, Pogba, Bale? I could be wrong dont know these rules all that much. I agree it would be nice to have English talent but that is far between these days. Would rather win the league. As far as our youth system, I am really excited about it but again, I want to win the BPL and CL and am not as obsessed with it as others. That lineup allows for some serious consistency in the next 5-10 years, in which case guys like Baker, Solanke, RLC, Boga, Musonda, Bamford, Atsu, and traore (etc., but those are my best bets) have a chance to get some time if they develop well. Consistency is the key (squad and coaching)

The home grown wouldnt matter i dont think right because of Fabregas, Pogba, Bale? I could be wrong dont know these rules all that much. I agree it would be nice to have English talent but that is far between these days. Would rather win the league. As far as our youth system, I am really excited about it but again, I want to win the BPL and CL and am not as obsessed with it as others. That lineup allows for some serious consistency in the next 5-10 years, in which case guys like Baker, Solanke, RLC, Boga, Musonda, Bamford, Atsu, and traore (etc., but those are my best bets) have a chance to get some time if they develop well. Consistency is the key (squad and coaching)

The FA want to tighten the homegrown rules,so Cesc would not be a HG player anymore.

As far as I know,Pogba is not a HG player and only Bale would be the a HG player in your starting line up

Pogba and barcelona doesn't make any sense at all.

Pogba isn't really known for workrate/pressing and his short passing isn't really up to barcelona standards. Pogba needs to go to a direct team or counter attacking team like Madrid.

Bunch of deadwood + Salah + Oscar + some money = Koke + Pogba

$25 + $15 + $35 + $55 = $50 + $70

then we can talk CL nex season...

koke and pogba is OVERKILL.

how will we line up?

costa

hazard-cesc-koke

pogba-matic

well, that team would easily be comparable to the best in the world without a shread of doubt. also.

ps - koke's BO is 44mil pounds and pogba will cost more than 50mil pounds atleast.

Pogba isn't really known for workrate/pressing and his short passing isn't really up to barcelona standards. Pogba needs to go to a direct team or counter attacking team like Madrid.

I'm not so sure....

Barca's current board is not really well known for their glorious transfer history, are they? Pogba is supposed to be Bartomeu's bargaining chip in this year's presidential elections. As in people will vote for him because he will make a big signing. He doesn't care if he fits in or not.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You