Paul Pogba

Madmax

Barca's current board is not really well known for their glorious transfer history, are they? Pogba is supposed to be Bartomeu's bargaining chip in this year's presidential elections. As in people will vote for him because he will make a big signing. He doesn't care if he fits in or not.

That makes sense, however, I think barcelona first choice player is Koke.

For some reason I think thiago silva will eventually be a barca player

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would he replace #10 Oscar in our lineup or what?

I dont see him as CM anymore, he might have build, but he is 1.) far too talented with ball and creativity and 2.) he is far from tacticaly responsible CM/DM.

i dont see us switching to 4-3-3 either. Only bad point of Pogba is that while he might give us strength, some drive and pace, he isnt one to sit back, cover up etc. Matic IMO needs someone next to him who can track back, close spaces etc. Neither Cesc or Pogba are that. Matic, Pogba and Koke would do, but its not fifa.

Would he replace #10 Oscar in our lineup or what?

I dont see him as CM anymore, he might have build, but he is 1.) far too talented with ball and creativity and 2.) he is far from tacticaly responsible CM/DM.

i dont see us switching to 4-3-3 either. Only bad point of Pogba is that while he might give us strength, some drive and pace, he isnt one to sit back, cover up etc. Matic IMO needs someone next to him who can track back, close spaces etc. Neither Cesc or Pogba are that. Matic, Pogba and Koke would do, but its not fifa.

If we get Pogba :halo: we would likely play 4-3-3 with Matic, Fab and Paul in the 3. I do like him playing in the 10 too!

Graham Hunter (talkSport) also saying Chelsea and Bareclona are the front runners to sign Pogba, he's told from "the people that run Pogba".

Same thing reported by the Spanish paper Sport.

Here's what I don't get and these journalist keep saying it. Barcelona have a transfer ban till January! how are they gonna buy him and loan him back when they can't buy??? just so lazy.

He's coming to us, they don't want to admit it just yet!!!

If we get Pogba :halo: we would likely play 4-3-3 with Matic, Fab and Paul in the 3. I do like him playing in the 10 too!

IMO both Pogba and Cesc operate as free midfielders. They aint like Pirlo or Modric or Motta etc who can hold their position well and still operate brilliantly (or at least they used to). That leaves Matic bit too exposed IMO. Not to mention that our attack looks much worse organised when we play 4-3-3 and Pogba doesnt offer that much more creativity than Oscar in pure sense. But he offers more to overal game though.

IMO both Pogba and Cesc operate as free midfielders. They aint like Pirlo or Modric or Motta etc who can hold their position well and still operate brilliantly (or at least they used to). That leaves Matic bit too exposed IMO. Not to mention that our attack looks much worse organised when we play 4-3-3 and Pogba doesnt offer that much more creativity than Oscar in pure sense. But he offers more to overal game though.

Dude... If we add Pogba I guarantee he will develop into a world beater under Jose Mourinho. You're speaking as if he's the finished product, do you remember what Hazard was like when he came to us? Believe me Jose is the kind of guy that will make Pogba into the best box to box midfielder in the world, he's already pretty close.

Here's what I don't get and these journalist keep saying it. Barcelona have a transfer ban till January! how are they gonna buy him and loan him back when they can't buy??? just so lazy.

He's coming to us, they don't want to admit it just yet!!!

I think they can get a deal done with Juventus this summer, maybe not in a formal sense, and the operation will be completed in January or July 2016.

I think they can get a deal done with Juventus this summer, maybe not in a formal sense, and the operation will be completed in January or July 2016.

The sort of handshake deal where if Pogba gets injured they still pay 70m for him? I think Pogba's agent wants a deal done sooner rather than later, with a big transfer deal comes a big agent fee and I doubt he will run the risk of not getting that big payday because he wants to wait till Barca can buy. If the money is right, and I have no reason to think we won't make a proper bid, why would they hold out?

The sort of handshake deal where if Pogba gets injured they still pay 70m for him? I think Pogba's agent wants a deal done sooner rather than later, with a big transfer deal comes a big agent fee and I doubt he will run the risk of not getting that big payday because he wants to wait till Barca can buy. If the money is right, and I have no reason to think we won't make a proper bid, why would they hold out?

You're right, if Juve didnt get the money this summer Barca could cancel the deal if they really want (Injury or anything else), and if Juve do get the money this summer, its a risk for Barca cause he could get injured and they're fucked. It sounds like too much a risk for both clubs. If thats really the case and its Chelsea against Barca, im optimistic.

Dude... If we add Pogba I guarantee he will develop into a world beater under Jose Mourinho. You're speaking as if he's the finished product, do you remember what Hazard was like when he came to us? Believe me Jose is the kind of guy that will make Pogba into the best box to box midfielder in the world, he's already pretty close.

Its Cesc that worries me not Pogba.

Besides what are you implying with Hazard? For me, he was good from very beggining. Naturaly he developed even further. But its not like Jose made Hazard world beater. He was great before Jose and everyone knew he will improve greatly within few years.

Its Cesc that worries me not Pogba.

Besides what are you implying with Hazard? For me, he was good from very beggining. Naturaly he developed even further. But its not like Jose made Hazard world beater. He was great before Jose and everyone knew he will improve greatly within few years.

He was good, not consistent enough and never really showed up in big games. You don't think Jose got into his ear about his mentality and approach to big games and also his tactical contribution? I do. I think Jose has greatly aided Hazard and will do the same for someone like Pogba.

He was good, not consistent enough and never really showed up in big games. You don't think Jose got into his ear about his mentality and approach to big games and also his tactical contribution? I do. I think Jose has greatly aided Hazard and will do the same for someone like Pogba.

I agree with you that Jose did great job on Hazard overall game; defending, awarness etc. But in big games, I think Hazard could do slightly better, but thats due to Jose tactics too.

There is alot on character though. Pogba is very ''free minded'' player. He said few times he likes Arsenal and barca style. I have no doubt he could learn tactical part of game and improve defensively alot, but I wonder if he wants to do that. I see him as determined player who will say what he thinks. And I believe he wants a role when he has alot of freedom. Wasnt it case at juve that he told the board/coach to give him more freedom or sth?

And like I said, the main problem in this trio wouldnt be Pogba, but Cesc. IMO he has certain flaws that can be covered only with two tacticaly reliable DMs in big match behind him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You