Paul Pogba

Madmax

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's a lot but if we was doing it most likely we would be excited. 

Pogba is a talent and is worth the gamble for a team that has so much money to blow. 

I would be fucking gutted if we paid that sort of money for him. This team currently needs a number of players for a number of areas, that 100M could easily be used on 3 top quality editions without going out and spunking all that much on a player that IMO is massively over rated.

The word 'Gamble' and 100M really do not sit together well at all.

But hey, everyone has their own view.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players in Pogba's age bracket that are on his level -

Take half his fee if even that, sign Calhanoglu, and you've got one of the best players on the planet. He's younger than Pogba & contributes more to overall team success. Going forward he's like Zidane.

Then there's Saul at Atletico Madrid. He defends better than Pogba by far, while Calhan up there is by far better in attacking positions. Sane lacks the marketing and agent that Pogba has (do you think Pogba would be worth this amount with a different agent?) but Sane is also on Pogba's level. You could argue for Coman at Bayern too.

There's more. I'll update at some point.

Edit: Hojbjerg who Southampton signed. He'll be sold on for 3-4x his current worth in a year or 2 and for good reason. Tielemans will win as many games for you as Pogba with a moment of brilliance, yet he's 19, and 5x cheaper. Verratti; not a lot cheaper, but cheaper still, and at least on Pogba's level if not beyond it.

Verratti is a good example. He isn't attainable, but if he was, he wouldn't be leaving for over 50m, nevermind figures nearing 100m. Verratti is better than Pogba, i'll have that conversation if anyone wants it. So why are you paying double for Pogba when players as good as do not command such fees? Because you buy hype, not quality these days.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I would be fucking gutted if we paid that sort of money for him. This team currently needs a number of players for a number of areas, that 100M could easily be used on 3 top quality editions without going out and spunking all that much on a player that IMO is massively over rated.

The word 'Gamble' and 100M really do not sit together well at all.

But hey, everyone has their own view.

True if I have the option of only pogba for 100 or get Kante, bats and someone else like say manolas I would take that because it's what we need. We need these 3 more then one of pogba, but at this point United are not in need as us and that's why they can do this. 

6 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Looks like it's a done deal. Jose will walk the league I am afraid.

have faith! wait until the end of the summer until making predictions like this, we got kante and I'm sure we're not finished yet.... and tbh, at the moment, i have more faith in conte than jose

Just now, oldportblue said:

have faith! wait until the end of the summer until making predictions like this, we got kante and I'm sure we're not finished yet.... and tbh, at the moment, i have more faith in conte than jose

I wish we finished all business until now. Because we still need 2 or 3 new players. And I hate when new players come to the team when new season has started because it's harder for them to integrate to the team fast. Meanwhile Jose got everything he needs and he will have full team training together. This is what he did when we won the title. Got Cesc, Costa, Courtois and filipe luis quick.

Manchester United have had an £85m bid for Paul Pogba rejected by Juventus, according to Sky in Italy.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10506761/manchester-united-have-16385m-paul-pogba-bid-rejected-by-juventus-sky-in-italy

Ain't no done deal..Utd have to play embarrassingly exordinary money for him..As Leif said, the price is determining his ability not the other way around

I wish we finished all business until now. Because we still need 2 or 3 new players. And I hate when new players come to the team when new season has started because it's harder for them to integrate to the team fast. Meanwhile Jose got everything he needs and he will have full team training together. This is what he did when we won the title. Got Cesc, Costa, Courtois and filipe luis quick.

yeah that is true, doing business early is always a great plus for the team but remember, this is his mourinho's first season at united after they've been shit for a while... also i'm not certain a 35yr old zlatan will be THAT amazing for them, i'm kind of glad they got him and not someone like higuain for example.

Also, conte imo is a top 3 manager in the world at the moment and i'm sure he is discussing/building our team with the board as we speak, trying to get players in... if we gets the players he wants by the end of summer, i believe that even if we will be a bit late on other teams like utd (in terms of team building), our lack of european football will greatly help conte in terms of having extra time during weekdays to tinker and make the team click (something no other major rival will have except us)... having all week to prep for our premier league/cup games should be a great asset to conte i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Manchester United have had an £85m bid for Paul Pogba rejected by Juventus, according to Sky in Italy.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10506761/manchester-united-have-16385m-paul-pogba-bid-rejected-by-juventus-sky-in-italy

Ain't no done deal..Utd have to play embarrassingly exordinary money for him..As Leif said, the price is determining his ability not the other way around

You should read news more often mate. This was 2 days ago.

Excited for him to turn out a very good but not great player. So much hype going into him being the next great icon of football. I'm smirking. I'm doubtful he'll make the waves Yaya Toure made for City.

The thing is that United's central midfield wouldnt be too great even with Pogba.

Playing Pogba next to Schneiderlin in 4-2-3-1 will not be good enough, Schneiderlin isnt a top player for me. And off course Carrick and Schweinsteiger arent good enough anymore.

The only midfield with some potential will be Pogba-Schneiderlin-Herera with Martial-Zlatan-Mkhitaryan, in a 4-3-3. Will Mou play this way? i dont know.

But, getting Pogba is a huge accomplishment for their club, really sends out a massage.

Just now, the wes said:

Crazy money for one player 

Aye and £210k week 

there's some Addons as well - taking it to £108 million 

quite a few Utd fans seem to be shitting it that Citeh will swoop in, match the offer and £300k week!!!

i don't see it - don't think he is a Pep player - there's only one ego allowed at Citeh ???

For once I am going to say, Thank fuck we haven't ended up going in for a top player.

That kind of money just isnmt justifiable! 

Pogba is brilliant but he isn't anywhere near Rinaldo\Messi or Bales level! The Euros proved that! 

Like it or not.. United are defo back in the title race this season! 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You