Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly my point. He plays at Bolton, so people think he's shit.

I on the other hand think those stats make him look better...If he can pull that off in a Bolton side..I can only imagine what he is gonna do when paired with JT or Luiz....`This is a bargain, we dont have the time or the luxury right now to let his contract run out and even going by our history i would opt for us to sign him when we can....

I on the other hand think those stats make him look better...If he can pull that off in a Bolton side..I can only imagine what he is gonna do when paired with JT or Luiz....`This is a bargain, we dont have the time or the luxury right now to let his contract run out and even going by our history i would opt for us to sign him when we can....

Absolutely, this applies specifically to defenders and goalkeepers... you operate as a unit, and thus you truly are only as good as the players around you. He could be a great squad player for us.

I honestly believe we will sign him, and it's not a bad signing come to that... he's English for one thing, but also, he's highly talented in his position, and he's played alongside Terry for England, so for us to sign a player who could have cost double what were paying for him this time two years ago is a real steal for me, I just hope he lives up to the expectations and be a good replacement for Alex!

I love the potential signing of Cahill. He has immense talent on both sides of the ball and would mold well with Terry and be able to keep the rest of the back 4 well rested. My question is whats the plan for Luiz then. Is he eventually going to be in a John Obi-Mikel kinda role if he can ever control his aggression?

I think Cahill will be a Decent signing, especially for the $7 Million price tag. Hopefully he can arrive here and Blossom around better players. I Don't want him replacing Luiz though, as I believe Luiz can become a Great CB, he just needs more time. Cahill should be more of a squad player and play in cup matches. All in all Cahill will be good, but I would have loved some other CB's, like Hummels/Subotic/Adel Rami etc

I think Cahill will be a Decent signing, especially for the $7 Million price tag. Hopefully he can arrive here and Blossom around better players. I Don't want him replacing Luiz though, as I believe Luiz can become a Great CB, he just needs more time. Cahill should be more of a squad player and play in cup matches. All in all Cahill will be good, but I would have loved some other CB's, like Hummels/Subotic/Adel Rami etc

Think he would replace Alex whose on the transfer list by request ;)

Welcome dude also

Cahill? Seriously?

Seems we are only getting him because he is cheap and available. Oh and english

If he was double the price (normal for english) and this was summer I doubt we would go near him with a barge pole.

Chalobah is already way more talented than him. Now he has to watch as a much less talented player gets in his way.

If Cahill is going to be backup to Terry and Luiz, why cant Chalobah be?

When are we going to give our youth a proper chance?

I despair - I mean Cahill - come on! Poor mans JT at best

Chalobah the future of england will no doubt leave now

And to make it worse, we give them Josh?

Who is better than Josh in that position? Again we play the old players instead of youth

We should be starting Josh, not Lamps

Fergie would give them a chance, especially against Fulham etc.

Seriously, our youth has no chance, unless they were nicked from Barca or we paid silly money for them

Obviously the pressure has got to AVB and he has abandoned his principles.

Like all the others, now we play Mourinhos 4-3-3 with much the same players

I despair!

Cahill? Seriously?

Seems we are only getting him because he is cheap and available. Oh and english

If he was double the price (normal for english) and this was summer I doubt we would go near him with a barge pole.

Chalobah is already way more talented than him. Now he has to watch as a much less talented player gets in his way.

If Cahill is going to be backup to Terry and Luiz, why cant Chalobah be?

When are we going to give our youth a proper chance?

I despair - I mean Cahill - come on! Poor mans JT at best

Chalobah the future of england will no doubt leave now

And to make it worse, we give them Josh?

Who is better than Josh in that position? Again we play the old players instead of youth

We should be starting Josh, not Lamps

Fergie would give them a chance, especially against Fulham etc.

Seriously, our youth has no chance, unless they were nicked from Barca or we paid silly money for them

Obviously the pressure has got to AVB and he has abandoned his principles.

Like all the others, now we play Mourinhos 4-3-3 with much the same players

I despair!

Chalobah is 17. You can't just throw him in there no matter how talented he is. We are all excited about the talent we have in our youth especially Chalobah and Josh, but we need to be patient, they will both have many years to play for Chelsea when the manager feels they are ready.

We are not buying Cahill to be our 1st option CB for a number of years but to be here as a backup and to fill the gap until the club decides what to do with Chalobah, Kalas, Bruma and Hutchinson.

So we are buying Cahill untill the summer when we will buy a "real" CB, especially as JT wont be first choice next year.

Cahill must feel wonderful about that!

The kids might be 17, but Sam is 22 and realy dont see why you cant have him sitting on the bench instead of Cahill.

I repeat, if Cahill wasnt cheap, english and available, would Chelsea go near him? I think the answer is no and its not the right policy just to get someone in on a kneejerk, I thought with AVB we are finally thinking long term. So say Cahill is a bench warmer for 4 years until Chalobah is 21?

No that wont happen, JT will be replaced with some foreign world class youth, Cahill stays and the likes of Chalobah eventually get loaned out until they leave

Can no one else see this?