Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

lol. no way Sam is ready for first-team action. What if JT/Luiz get a long-term injury? Then we'd have to deal with Ivanovic playing at CB and Bosingwa at RB which would be disastrous.

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. If he doesn't play/perform well he will be here for 2 seasons MAX.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are buying Cahill untill the summer when we will buy a "real" CB, especially as JT wont be first choice next year.

Cahill must feel wonderful about that!

The kids might be 17, but Sam is 22 and realy dont see why you cant have him sitting on the bench instead of Cahill.

I repeat, if Cahill wasnt cheap, english and available, would Chelsea go near him? I think the answer is no and its not the right policy just to get someone in on a kneejerk, I thought with AVB we are finally thinking long term. So say Cahill is a bench warmer for 4 years until Chalobah is 21?

No that wont happen, JT will be replaced with some foreign world class youth, Cahill stays and the likes of Chalobah eventually get loaned out until they leave

Can no one else see this?

He is. Basta.

b47b6f020fe1811b392b2270d30273bf.png

So we are buying Cahill untill the summer when we will buy a "real" CB, especially as JT wont be first choice next year.

Cahill must feel wonderful about that!

The kids might be 17, but Sam is 22 and realy dont see why you cant have him sitting on the bench instead of Cahill.

I repeat, if Cahill wasnt cheap, english and available, would Chelsea go near him? I think the answer is no and its not the right policy just to get someone in on a kneejerk, I thought with AVB we are finally thinking long term. So say Cahill is a bench warmer for 4 years until Chalobah is 21?

No that wont happen, JT will be replaced with some foreign world class youth, Cahill stays and the likes of Chalobah eventually get loaned out until they leave

Can no one else see this?

I still think Cahill could be cheaper if we negotiated properly :lol:

But yes, Chalobah is still very young and he's still developing. As good as Fergie is, even he wouldn't take such an enormous gamble on someone so young. Chlaobah is still growing in the academy and with England too. His time is approaching, but it's not now. We don't want to make another Josh out of him, where we recognise his quality and demand he plays in more games than he should :doh:

Hutchinson has only just begun his come back. Like we heard when Chelsea announced it, he's stepping up his training in January, which means he's still not match fit yet. We have a good crop of young defenders. From Sam to Kalas. But we can just throw them in the deep-end considering the pressure we play under this season. Give them time and patience.

I don't agree. Cahill's 26 & Terry's not getting any younger, Bruma still has a future here.

Cahill's not good enough to be first choice for Chelsea, that's plain. If we only wanted backup, we could have used Bruma or Kalas (who're both doing well on their loan moves). Instead we spend £7m on a guy who is out of contract in 6 months and who'd be lucky to make >15apps over the rest of the season for us. So when Bruma comes back in the summer he'll have yet another competitor for his place. We'll end up changing his loan contract terms (to amend the buy option HSV have at the end of the second year), send him on loan again and probably not see him in a Chelsea shirt thereafter.

Cahill's not good enough to be first choice for Chelsea, that's plain. If we only wanted backup, we could have used Bruma or Kalas (who're both doing well on their loan moves). Instead we spend £7m on a guy who is out of contract in 6 months and who'd be lucky to make >15apps over the rest of the season for us. So when Bruma comes back in the summer he'll have yet another competitor for his place. We'll end up changing his loan contract terms (to amend the buy option HSV have at the end of the second year), send him on loan again and probably not see him in a Chelsea shirt thereafter.

Perhaps. But you could also argue that next season Terry's playing time will be considerably reduced. This means Cahill & Luiz will form a relationship but any manager will know that there must be competition in these places. So if we recall Bruma, Kalas or resign Rajkovic, they'll all have a direct chance to get game time ahead of Terry. Bruma's failed to make an impression on most managers though, it must be said. It remains to be proven if he's even up to the task, but I believe Andre will use a youth player to directly compete with Cahill for Terry's place next season.

Perhaps. But you could also argue that next season Terry's playing time will be considerably reduced. This means Cahill & Luiz will form a relationship but any manager will know that there must be competition in these places

I hope not, Gary Cahill as Chelsea's starting CB is an uncomfortable idea :lol:

Oh don't give me that! That's based on their opinion.

To suggest a 26-year old with 6months left on his contract is worth £10million is unbelievable. What a stupid website that is :lol:

Look. Nowadays you can't get player under 10 million, especially if you're Chelsea FC. When we have a target, media writes bullshit and than player's price jumps at least 2 times. We can be really happy with this deal - nobody said Cahill will be top player and our key player, but I think he's really worth at least 10 millions and what we did is a good bargain.

Look. Nowadays you can't get player under 10 million, especially if you're Chelsea FC. When we have a target, media writes bullshit and than player's price jumps at least 2 times. We can be really happy with this deal - nobody said Cahill will be top player and our key player, but I think he's really worth at least 10 millions and what we did is a good bargain.

He would cost around 20m if he wasn't in the last year of his contract.

7m is a fair price. Bolton bought him for 5m, of course they will want to make some profit.

Oh don't give me that! That's based on their opinion.

To suggest a 26-year old with 6months left on his contract is worth £10million is unbelievable. What a stupid website that is :lol:

Well LDN, I believe we won't manage to make people understand our point :lol:

Well LDN, I believe we won't manage to make people understand our point :lol:

I think everybody understand your point. He has 6 months left on his contract... bla, bla, bla.

Look, Bolton needs to make some profit and if they lower the price scumbags Arsenal and Tottenham will want again to sign Cahill.

cahill is a decent signing good player good defender...

its wonderfull news for everyone...

Hutch, can come back slowly... Chalobah is 16 or 17 he can develop proper, Kalas is the same he gets crucial play'n time over there so it is 100 times better for him to stay there then comeing back and being a replacement...

the same goes for bruma with hamburg...

and consider Ben-Haim and Steve Sidwell, so Cahill is in my opinion a very very good signing and he has played wonderfull games, this season is a bit different but look at bolton as a whole... they're crap all over the pitch...