Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

I think everybody understand your point. He has 6 months left on his contract... bla, bla, bla.

Look, Bolton needs to make some profit and if they lower the price scumbags Arsenal and Tottenham will want again to sign Cahill.

He's not worth £10million though! Wenger had it right when he bid £6million when Bolton had the nerve to ask for £20million in the summer. £20million!!

No top club was stupid enough to think that's a good offer. We hold all the cards when it comes to making the deal for Cahill, we should've gone for £6m too and if they didn't want in.. I'd be glad for Tottenham to take him.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he could surprise us all. But economically, this is a shoddy deal. ESPECIALLY because they get Josh on loan!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill's not good enough to be first choice for Chelsea, that's plain. If we only wanted backup, we could have used Bruma or Kalas (who're both doing well on their loan moves). Instead we spend £7m on a guy who is out of contract in 6 months and who'd be lucky to make >15apps over the rest of the season for us. So when Bruma comes back in the summer he'll have yet another competitor for his place. We'll end up changing his loan contract terms (to amend the buy option HSV have at the end of the second year), send him on loan again and probably not see him in a Chelsea shirt thereafter.

Bruma is not ready for Chelsea. We all know about the high demands of being a CB for a top side. You have to deal with a lot of pressure, have to be consistent and you're not allowed to make mistakes (look at the treatment D. Luiz and Koscielny received). Bruma's talented for sure but not ready. He's doing well for HSV but still isn't good enough and most importantly, he lacks experience (crucial for a CB, how many CBs in their early 20s have a starting spot for top side? Pique was the only exception.).

This is his first year he's been playing regularly at top level and at HSV he's allowed to make mistakes and plays with little pressure, compared to the pressure at Chelsea. He'll need at least two years of regular football before he's ready to play regularly at Chelsea, if he keeps improving, and by that time Terry's time as certainty in the starting line-up will be over.

Look at the likes of Evans, Smalling and Jones. Evans has been in the Utd squad for a long time and he's almost 24. He's still not ready. Smalling, 22, is (very) talented but he's not ready for a starting spot either. And Jones is probably the most talented but he's been playing at RB and CM a lot more than CB as he's not of the minimum required level yet. Or what about Djourou, almost 25, at Arsenal. He was always seen as a big talent but whether he'll even make it at Arsenal is something to wonder about.

The arrival of Cahill doesn't mean the end of Bruma at all. That all depends on the development of Bruma.

I find it hilarious that some people think Bruma is suddenly a brilliant defender. The last time he played a Premier League game, he got butt-fucked by Emile Heskey, imagine him coming up against Aguero or van Persie :lol:

I actually think he got a lot of harsh criticism for that game.

I find it hilarious that some people think Bruma is suddenly a brilliant defender. The last time he played a Premier League game, he got butt-fucked by Emile Heskey, imagine him coming up against Aguero or van Persie :lol:

Personally, I always rated him highly. And I've never criticized him for that game against Villa - and as ulsterchelsea said, those criticisms were very harsh. To be frank, I even thought he had a good game. As for his lost challenge against Heskey, it is hard to win a force fight against someone who have the physic (and the weight) of a tractor when you are a 20 years old player.. Look, Lukaku managed to make Alex fall during a training session, it doesn't make Alex poor.

Well I kind of see the point of Cahill, but we are Chelsea so why are we bothering with "they'll do" players?

Hopefully AVB will be around long enough so we can actually implement some kind of , dare I say it, PLAN?!!!

And this sort of kneejerk reaction wont happen again

Shame AVB couldnt have assessed the squad a bit quicker and the board didnt waste so much time and energy chasing Modric.

I would have thought it was blinding obvious we needed a decent right back for example.

And why couldnt AVB see that Alex wasnt his kind of player back in July/August?

Well I kind of see the point of Cahill, but we are Chelsea so why are we bothering with "they'll do" players?

Hopefully AVB will be around long enough so we can actually implement some kind of , dare I say it, PLAN?!!!

And this sort of kneejerk reaction wont happen again

Shame AVB couldnt have assessed the squad a bit quicker and the board didnt waste so much time and energy chasing Modric.

I would have thought it was blinding obvious we needed a decent right back for example.

And why couldnt AVB see that Alex wasnt his kind of player back in July/August?

Not that I'm trying to make excuses, but he did have to deal with that pre-season tour which didn't give him the best indication of the squad's state. I only hope he'll be given the opportunity in the next 2 windows to correct the flaws in this team.

He must remember, we have an oligarch funding this team. Take advantage.

Bruma is not ready for Chelsea. We all know about the high demands of being a CB for a top side. You have to deal with a lot of pressure, have to be consistent and you're not allowed to make mistakes (look at the treatment D. Luiz and Koscielny received). Bruma's talented for sure but not ready. He's doing well for HSV but still isn't good enough and most importantly, he lacks experience (crucial for a CB, how many CBs in their early 20s have a starting spot for top side? Pique was the only exception.).

This is his first year he's been playing regularly at top level and at HSV he's allowed to make mistakes and plays with little pressure, compared to the pressure at Chelsea. He'll need at least two years of regular football before he's ready to play regularly at Chelsea, if he keeps improving, and by that time Terry's time as certainty in the starting line-up will be over.

Look at the likes of Evans, Smalling and Jones. Evans has been in the Utd squad for a long time and he's almost 24. He's still not ready. Smalling, 22, is (very) talented but he's not ready for a starting spot either. And Jones is probably the most talented but he's been playing at RB and CM a lot more than CB as he's not of the minimum required level yet. Or what about Djourou, almost 25, at Arsenal. He was always seen as a big talent but whether he'll even make it at Arsenal is something to wonder about.

The arrival of Cahill doesn't mean the end of Bruma at all. That all depends on the development of Bruma.

I didn't say that he was ready to be a regular starter for Chelsea. What I pointed out was that instead of spending 7m on a player who's free 6 months down the line to do a backup job to Terry and Luiz, we should have used Bruma instead.

I didn't say that he was ready to be a regular starter for Chelsea. What I pointed out was that instead of spending 7m on a player who's free 6 months down the line to do a backup job to Terry and Luiz, we should have used Bruma instead.

And what I'm saying is that with a back-up role, it will take years and years for him to develop. He needs regular football if we actually want him to become a worthy succesor to Terry, who's got two years max left. And that's why a back-up role is ideal for someone like Cahill who we don't expect to become a world-class player and will do at least a decent job when called upon as Bruma develops and hopefully reaches the level we hope he will at HSV.

I do agree with the fact that we've been ripped-off but I do wonder how you're not used to it yet :lol:. We will always pay too much for players because of the obvious.

So is he ours or what?

According to reports (Mirror...) he's having his medical during the weekend and agrees the terms of his contract. So he won't play for Bolton not to be injured during the transfer process

Excuse me, but I don't really think that could apply for Cahill who I find not consistent and not enough focused, with too much concentration swings. I hardly imagine a Cahill-Luiz partnership differently from a "best dribbler 20 yard of goal" and "first one to shoot on target/score a goal" contest at the moment to be honest

Heskey is a pr*ck but we must admit he's a beast in the air, he is certainly one of the players who wins the most aerial challenges, apart from the fact he simply deflect the ball most of the time. Bruma's game was paradoxal, he struggled against Heskey like many PL defenders does because he really weights on the defence. But that day his distribution was excellent, I'm too lazy to recreate the chalkboard with the Guardian's tool, but it was pretty impressive ; mainly his long balls.

To be fair even Didier Drogba has got outjumped for a goal by Heskey before.

Excuse me, but I don't really think that could apply for Cahill who I find not consistent and not enough focused, with too much concentration swings. I hardly imagine a Cahill-Luiz partnership differently from a "best dribbler 20 yard of goal" and "first one to shoot on target/score a goal" contest at the moment to be honest

The thing with Cahill is we don't have to play him a lot or anything, just in case of injuries/suspensions/fatigue (unless he does well), Bruma, however, would need to play to develop.

Cahill is not Terry's replacement, he's back-up. We actually had to play Bosingwa in the centre because just two CBs were out injured..