Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

If we can use Alex as a bargaining tool for Krasic, and will Cahill comingin for jus £7m then we have to all hail AvB for his negotitation skills.

:D

If we sign Krasic and Cahill then i would be really worried, there is nothing good about signing a bunch of mid table players.

Cahill is no where good as Terry or Luiz, our backups should be good enough to compete and challenge for their spot. Cahill can not do that, we can do much better then him.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Krasic and Cahill then i would be really worried, there is nothing good about signing a bunch of mid table players.

True, but considering it's January and they seem to be cheap, it's not the worst deals this club could make.

True, but considering it's January and they seem to be cheap, it's not the worst deals this club could make.

I'd prefer to sign players aged 20-26 who have potential, not 28 year olds who will have 0 value once they hit 30.

Look at United or City, they don't sign players just to be a "backup", they sign players who they believe is good enough to compete for a starting squad.

You do remember United were chasing Cahill too, right?

But what you're saying is true, I actually agree. United sign players like Wes Brown & Silvestre when they're young. If they don't work they can still resell them because they've got plenty of years.. And they have others waiting to step up.

Here's some perspective:

Newcastle United signed a French international, Yohan Cabaye, for £4.3m & they bought Cheick Tioté for £3.5m. In fact, they bought Davide Santon, aged 20, for £5.3million.

We're about to sign a 26-year old for £7million.

Here's some perspective:

Newcastle United signed a French international, Yohan Cabaye, for £4.3m & they bought Cheick Tioté for £3.5m. In fact, they bought Davide Santon, aged 20, for £5.3million.

We're about to sign a 26-year old for £7million.

That's New Castle. The mere fact that Chelsea are interested in a player makes him worth at least £7m.....unfortunately.

That's New Castle. The mere fact that Chelsea are interested in a player makes him worth at least £7m.....unfortunately.

I disagree. I believe our scouting network still has huge question marks. The fact that Newcastle found these players and negotiated those prices, to add them into their first squad shows how we're missing quite a few tricks. Gary Cahill is an easy signing.. Everyone's after him, they hype builds, then you factor in he's English.

The few reasons I back this is because we do need homegrown in our squad and he's coming relatively cheap.. Where as in summer I saw quotes for £15-20million :lol: . Wenger got it right when he bid £6million. It wasn't "derisory", it was Cahill's worth. Even now £7million is a lot and we should make all the strides we can to get near/under the £6million mark.

We factor in his age - 26 - and we factor in the time left on his contract - 6months. We can easily wait 6months and sign him on a Bosman (that c*ntish ruling), so we hold an advantage over Bolton.

I disagree. I believe our scouting network still has huge question marks. The fact that Newcastle found these players and negotiated those prices, to add them into their first squad shows how we're missing quite a few tricks. Gary Cahill is an easy signing.. Everyone's after him, they hype builds, then you factor in he's English.

The few reasons I back this is because we do need homegrown in our squad and he's coming relatively cheap.. Where as in summer I saw quotes for £15-20million :lol: . Wenger got it right when he bid £6million. It wasn't "derisory", it was Cahill's worth. Even now £7million is a lot and we should make all the strides we can to get near/under the £6million mark.

We factor in his age - 26 - and we factor in the time left on his contract - 6months. We can easily wait 6months and sign him on a Bosman (that c*ntish ruling), so we hold an advantage over Bolton.

I agree that Cahil is not worth more than 5m, in fact I've been saying all along that he is being hyped by the media. By my point was: when was the last time (before this summer) that we did not over-pay for a signing?

I agree that Cahil is not worth more than 5m, in fact I've been saying all along that he is being hyped by the media. By my point was: when was the last time (before this summer) that we did not over-pay for a signing?

That's true, and therein lies a massive problem at this club. It's also why we have a problem of player power.. Because not only are we paying over-the-odds transfer fees, we're paying out incredible wage demands.

I shudder at to even take a guess at what Cahill & Chelsea will agree to..

That's true, and therein lies a massive problem at this club. It's also why we have a problem of player power.. Because not only are we paying over-the-odds transfer fees, we're paying out incredible wage demands.

I shudder at to even take a guess at what Cahill & Chelsea will agree to..

So true...I just hope the club starts to realize that, especially with FFP rules coming to action soon.

Pretty average if you ask me. Its just that he is English that the media make him out to be so good

I wouldn't say he's average he's pretty decent, the English media do of course over-hype 'their' players (which is the norm) but I'd say 7mill isn't too shabby, although I would prefer us targeting the likes of Hummels and Subotic. Or even young prospects from abroad which would definitely be cheaper than 7 mil'. That said AVB has been pretty good in the transfer department so I have no reason to doubt him.