Chelsea's Best Dribbler

Joshyboy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Torres was never a dribbler and was only the beat finisher between 07 and 09. From the Chelsea squad alone Drogba and Malouda were better dribblers than him then

Is there really a need to revise history because of him failing at Chelsea? Anyone who seriously thinks Drogba or Malouda were better dribblers than Torres in his peak is incredibly deluded.

*cough*Ronaldo*cough*

Lmao. Ronaldo can't even beat a man these days.

He's never been a great dribbler. Skillful? Yes! Great Dribbler? Never!

All about pace and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3JUdryT9zI

There are least 20 World Class individual goals in that video. Not a great dribbler my arse.

from the old days Cooke and Nevin ...more lately Robben and Zola ,,, Robben with more pace but Zola could work in tighter spaces.

In that respect Mata is similar to Zola

Zola was a lot better then what Mata is now in my opinion. The only place Mata probably has an edge is in creativity but Zola was fundamentally a more potent threat because Zola was a threat for 90mins because of his change of direction in forward area's. If Zola had played next to Drogba it would of been amazing, Zola made Flo look like a world beater when in reality he was probably just a good striker.

If anyone here was too young to have watched Chelsea's very own genius ( Zola) just watch this video. He was along with Baggio and Ortega the best little forwards in the 90's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4ATQHt708

on a thread yesterday we had Kez saying Lampard was the greatest ever Chelsea player . I suggested it was Zola . I enjoyed that

clip but by no means did it do justice to the full range of his skills , Those of us who saw him were blessed. Those who actually met him (sadly I

never did) were more than doubly blessed.

We're in 2012, not in 2007/09...

He was never that good as a dribbler, he just thrived on PL defenders who dived in on him and he could escape. Whenever someone stood up to him or had him beat for quickness and speed (like Ash) then they constantly owned him.

Just like now, Dani Alves is just as quick and is as tencious a defender as there is, so he cant just blow by him.

Oh, and by the way, these day Torres can't even score a fucking tap-in.

So you were already mad and jelly to begin with? That explains it then.

If you're so bitter that you can't admit Torres was a fantastic dribbler in his peak then you have serious problems lol.

Torres not scoring a "fucking tap-in" is more to do with his drastic loss of confidence rather than ability. Class is permanent and all that.

So you were already mad and jelly to begin with? That explains it then.

If you're so bitter that you can't admit Torres was a fantastic dribbler in his peak then you have serious problems lol.

Torres not scoring a "fucking tap-in" is more to do with his drastic loss of confidence rather than ability. Class is permanent and all that.

LMAO.

To first off, did I say anywhere that Torres wasn't good at this or at that ? No.

Secondly, if you can't recognize that Cristiano Ronaldo was - and stil is - a fantastic dribbler, then the one who have serious problem is you.

Finally, if I brought up the fact that Torres couldn't score a goal for his life these days, that is because you said that Ronaldo can't beat a man these days. It was to show you how irrevelant was your argument that Ronaldo wasn't a good dribbler between 2007 and 2009 because he can't beat a man nowadays.

PS : I don't even like Ronaldo.

Im amazed that people are actually questioning the talent of Ronaldo. He dominated the Premier League, he is currently dominating La Liga, he is an unbelievable player by any standard and the jewel in the greatest team in the world right now, Real Madrid.

btw Gil, I think that Torres has proven the "class is permanent" phrase to be completely false.