Chelsea's Best Dribbler

Joshyboy

McEachran is a good, natural dribbler. Just needs to do a feint or a deep of the shoulder and can glide past the player. I now it is a cliche but it can't be taught. Sturridge does not have this although he is still a good dribbler

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres against Stoke on the opening day and a few times at Old Trafford were our best examples of dribbling this season. I genuinely believe Torres is our best dribbler when at his best. He hasn't scored many for us but has shown great dribbling skill on occasion. We've got many in truth, yet we struggle breaking through defences, strange with the talent we have. Sturridge also up there. Obviously Robben is the best i've even seen in a Blue shirt.

Torres

Luiz

Ramires

Mata

Sturridge

Even Malouda showed a glimpse last game.

They can all dribble

First, some of you need to understand that dribbling can be a simple flick on helps you beat a defender. It doesn't have to be a jaw dropping feint that ties up the opposition player in a fisherman's knot.

Therefore I would say, Mata and Ramires as the best players in terms of dribbling. They know exactly when to go for a dribble and usually succed. Ramires is one of the players with the most dribbles in the whole PL.

On a bit lower level then them, Sturridge and Torres. Torres just can't show it much due to his lack of confidence but he was a nightmare for defenders before his injury. Sturridge sometimes choses the bad moment or tries a unnecesary feint.

McEachran is very talented when it comes to dribbling and it comes to naturally to him. Malouda is not bad, but his lack of pace is not helping him there.

Saying Torres is a dribbler is really weird. In fact the ball dribbles him.

Torres 07-09 was easily the best dribbler in the League before the injury he suffered a few months before the World Cup. Even at Chelsea he's shown some faboulous pieces of skill.

First, some of you need to understand that dribbling can be a simple flick on helps you beat a defender. It doesn't have to be a jaw dropping feint that ties up the opposition player in a fisherman's knot.

Therefore I would say, Mata and Ramires as the best players in terms of dribbling. They know exactly when to go for a dribble and usually succed. Ramires is one of the players with the most dribbles in the whole PL.

On a bit lower level then them, Sturridge and Torres. Torres just can't show it much due to his lack of confidence but he was a nightmare for defenders before his injury. Sturridge sometimes choses the bad moment or tries a unnecesary feint.

McEachran is very talented when it comes to dribbling and it comes to naturally to him. Malouda is not bad, but his lack of pace is not helping him there.

Also true...In that sense Drogba is also a good dribbler...

Joe Cole's was also pretty good and had a good flow, but nowhere near as fast as Robben's

Drogba and Essien at their best were both very good at dribbling because not only were they fast, had quick feet and excellent balance but they were just so strong and powerful it was hard to knock them off the ball.

Best dribbler at chelsea !!! well , when was the last time we actually saw one of our players dribble (Not outrun) past an opponent or two ?!

We have no quality dribblers , Ramires is fast but he lacks the the technical ability to be considered a dribbler so is sturridge and Torres , bosingwa shouldn't be up there at all , while mata can out smart his opponent but he lacks the pace and the explosiveness of a dribbler.

A dribbler is someone that has pace , explosiveness , technical ability and can outsmart his opponents e.g. Ronaldo , Messi , Di Maria , KaKA , Robben , Nani , Ribery , Aguero , Sanchez , Neymar , Hazard , etc...

The truth is the closest thing we have to a dribbler is our CB Luiz , but the others should not be counted as dribblers.

Sturridge is actually really skillful and he can dribble. We don't have many though and i think its been one of our main problems !

agree ,,,I wouldnt have said Josh was a dribbler. Good ball control but not a dribbler in the old fashioned style. By that I mean like Messi, Giggs

Robben.

As some have said Luiz does attempt dribbles which can be dangerous in a CB.

agree ,,,I wouldnt have said Josh was a dribbler. Good ball control but not a dribbler in the old fashioned style. By that I mean like Messi, Giggs

Robben.

As some have said Luiz does attempt dribbles which can be dangerous in a CB.

Who was the best dribbler that you seen for the club ? Was it Robben ?