Chelsea's Best Dribbler

Joshyboy

on a thread yesterday we had Kez saying Lampard was the greatest ever Chelsea player . I suggested it was Zola . I enjoyed that

clip but by no means did it do justice to the full range of his skills , Those of us who saw him were blessed. Those who actually met him (sadly I

never did) were more than doubly blessed.

Zola was the best in my opinion, Lampard is super consistent but Zola had a spark which won you games.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, Drogba is better skill wise and I could argue that Sturridge is better also.

Sturridge and Drogba are not refined dribblers; at least not as refined as Torres or Mata. The rely on other things that make them effective dribblers. For Sturridge, it's his pace, flair and agility (the most important one) and it's strength and flair for Drogba. Their dribbling skills, though, I'd say are above average but nothing to admire, and although Torres is out of form, I still think he's got better skills than them.

Zola was the best in my opinion, Lampard is super consistent but Zola had a spark which won you games.

No player in the premier league could beat the consistency of Sir Frank Lampard in the last decade. E is well on his way to another 20 goals a season inspire of being written off. Zola had the magic, and his football was eye candy. But Frank has been the the pivot in the most successful period in our history. And I feel he should be right up there if not higher..Tremendous athlete..

No player in the premier league could beat the consistency of Sir Frank Lampard in the last decade. E is well on his way to another 20 goals a season inspire of being written off. Zola had the magic, and his football was eye candy. But Frank has been the the pivot in the most successful period in our history. And I feel he should be right up there if not higher..Tremendous athlete..

Fair enough.

WTF, Ronaldo not a good dribbler!!??? Are you high, he is one of the best dribblers on earth

Ronaldo is extremely skillful but a great dribbler? He definitely isn't/wasn't.

Being skilful player and being a great dribbler isn't the same thing.

Ronaldinho is ten times more skilful than Messi for example but he's not in the same class when it comes to dribbling.

Ronaldo's dribbling style is all pace and power. A great dribbler relies more on his close control and body feints eg Messi, Figo, Iniesta etc