Chelsea's Best Dribbler

Joshyboy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first said Sturridge without contest, but come to think about it, Mata is probably the smartest dribbler we have... like someone said, he doesn't do it often but when he does, it's effective. I still remember him embarrassing practically the whole City team.

Im assuming the people who are voting for Torres mean Torres in his Liverpool pomp, our version of Torres must be one of the worst dribblers of the ball I've ever seen play in a top league. He receives the ball, sometimes his touch is awful and he loses possession, sometimes its very good and he is able to get on the move. Then when he does move it seems to be in slow motion (particularly compared to his previous blistering speed), his direction and stepovers must be the most obvious regular occurrence in football, any decent defender can predict where and when he will arrive with the ball even if that defender had his eyes closed, if Chelsea Torres is the best dribbler at the club then it is possible that his teammates each only have 1 leg.

Cole and Ferriera good dribblers...ok then.

Torres is not a dribbler

Ramires' unortodox style of dribbling is effective. He is never fully in contol of the ball IMO but is just so fast and committed as well as having a bit of flair when he's on the run he gets past players alot. McEachran has a natural ghost dribbling effect and so does Mata. Sturridge, Kalou and Luiz are also decent dribblers

Surprised no-one mentioned Malouda or McEachran...Flo was pretty good when he was in form and he was sure of what he was doing unlike Robinho who did pointless step-overs...

So Robben and Malouda...

From the current crop I would go for Sturridge and Josh...

Yeah like I said up top of the post, I don't really see any natural dribblers in the squad, Mata can get past his man, with a feint or a quick turn of pace but I wouldn't call that orthodox dribbling, Ramires just charges past them, Sturridge has some good wing play and can wrong foot a defender or two but hes not really dribbling past them, Kalou runs at people and their so busy laughing they forget to tackle. Bosingwa and Cole can knock the ball past the opponent and use their pace to get past but again not REALLY dribbling so I think that leaves us without a fully fledged dribbling magician :o

Our fullbacks are actually better dribblers than some of our forwards. Bosingwa may have only pace but Ash and Ferreira are more than decent and could easily challenge the likes of Kalou and the modern Malouda.

You're definitely right. Ironically we sent one of our better dribblers out on loan recently, it's one thing that Kakuta can do. We seldom see it, for obvious reasons, but he's quite good at it.

You must be joking. He knows only one trick, and it's to overplay his opponent on the one side while overrunning him on the other. No needs to say it works once out of a gazillion time...

Haha yeah I was joking, I couldn't bothered to add a troll face :lol: