Frank Lampard

DavidEU

If I had to choose between Scholes or Lampard at the moment, I would pick Scholes every single day. The guy can actually make a decent pass and does not spend half an hour on the ball. Its shocking at his age he would improve the team much more if he replaced Fatty. Who is only useful for penalties, nothing else.

If I had to choose between Scholes or Lampard at the moment, I would pick Scholes every single day. The guy can actually make a decent pass and does not spend half an hour on the ball. Its shocking at his age he would improve the team much more if he replaced Fatty. Who is only useful for penalties, nothing else.

LMAO. Sorry but.....LMAO!!! Oh you bloody fool haha make me laugh! HAHAHAAAA!

Shocking. Selective memory.

LMAO. Sorry but.....LMAO!!! Oh you bloody fool haha make me laugh! HAHAHAAAA!

So you don't like any creativity or or someone who can control the temp of the game. Becuase lets face it, Scholes can do it. Lampard who is 4 years younger then him can hardley do either. And lets face it Lampard is not suited in the DM role. It annoys me that there are lots of younger player who can offer us much more in that position then Lampard (like are very own Romeu, who never gets played anymore. Even though him playing along with someone like Mikel. Raul or Ramires in that 2 player deeper midfield role would offer us much more then just playing Lampard there to make sure hee does not whine on why he is not playing anymore.

DM as in the position (deeplying midfielder) rather than the role(defensive midfielder).

On the article, it may had a point about 2 years ago. Now I struggle to think of any Chelsea midfielder who offers less than Lampard.

Scholes could never do what Frank does (or used to do), and Lamps never could do what Scholes is best at. I see no reason for the comparison in the first place.

Who is more valuable to a team? I'd personally say Scholes, but that is only because I like seeing defensive and tactically diciplined teams more than open all-out-attacking ones.

Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard are all central midfielder but all completely different. I'd say that Gerrard is the playmaker, Lampard the goalscorer and Scholes is more defensive.

Lampard scores more whereas Gerrard can ping a stunning 40 yard ball from nothing or nowhere. Scholes is more commanding. Anyway....Lampard has done more for Chelsea than the other 2 have done for their respective clubs in my opinion.

Scholes could never do what Frank does (or used to do), and Lamps never could do what Scholes is best at. I see no reason for the comparison in the first place.

Who is more valuable to a team? I'd personally say Scholes, but that is only because I like seeing defensive and tactically diciplined teams more than open all-out-attacking ones.

I somewhat agree. Lamps isn't the defensive type at all though. Scholes is suited as a defensive midfielder. Overall Lampard is a better player and contributes more to a team.