Frank Lampard

DavidEU

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Frank Lampard is close to taking his first job in football management, Sky Sports News understands, with negotiations with Derby County at an advanced stage.

Jody Morris will be joining him as his #2...Future CFC dugout.

I wonder how many Chelsea loanees they will take? this might be a blessing for Mason Mount, he has the stuff but still might not be ready physically for the PL. Maybe bring along Trev Chalobah with him. Could be a really useful stepping stone for the youth system having Lampard/Jody Morris in the championship. They might be wary of taking too many though, don't want them to look like they are being a feeder club.

16 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I wonder how many Chelsea loanees they will take? this might be a blessing for Mason Mount, he has the stuff but still might not be ready physically for the PL. Maybe bring along Trev Chalobah with him. Could be a really useful stepping stone for the youth system having Lampard/Jody Morris in the championship. They might be wary of taking too many though, don't want them to look like they are being a feeder club.

Mount should go to Fulham on loan if he doesn't return here.

40 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Maybe Derby will sign JT? How weird would that be, Frank being John's manager lol

' Rule number 7, this rule is most underrated, keep your family and business completley srperated '

- Biggie Smalls

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard's Derby have gone downhill a bit since the opening Championship game. Back-to-back losses after that late win at Reading. 

Think it was an extremely risky appointment in general. Derby are always the nearly team, its big expectations that they have. For somebody who hasn't even coached at u18s or that it was a huge risk but a bold one that will still be a good experience regardless of how it goes, although I do hope he can make a success of it.

I watched the Leeds-Derby game and it was a demolition job, Marcelo Bielsa totally outwitted Lampard and they outplayed them but its a learning curve. Its nice to see younger coaches getting involved though but still I feel that sometimes the reputation as a player can give the impression they'd be a shoe in as a manager. Steven Gerrard at Rangers is somebody with experience at under 18s or 23s and so far seems to be doing well, fair enough different league but the expectation at Rangers is huge and it has chewed folk up and spit them out (have a feeling hes unbeaten in 9 games). I think Lamps could have done with a smaller step to start off, Jody Morris would probably have been more suited to going in as the manager as opposed to Lamps based on his success and more importantly his experience managing with youth teams from 2014-18, although again the youth team shit doesn't always naturally transfer over to senior football for players and managers but I generally think Jody Morris will be a top manager once he decides he wants to go make the jump.

I saw the highlights of Derby on Saturday and they looked an utter shambles. Lamps has got them playing out from the back which would be fine in a Premiership team but not in a Championship team simply because the players aren't comfortable with it and technically they aren't up to it. Tony Cascarino said that Hoddle would get pissed off because he would ask players to do certain things but they couldn't do it yet Hoddle could which is one of the factors not the only one why great players (certainly British ones) don't make good managers.

A long time ago admittedly but when we got relegated in 1988 Bobby Campbell bought possibly the two dirtiest and physical players I've ever seen at Chelsea in Graham Roberts and Peter Nicholas but that's exactly what we needed. I think Lamps should do something similar Fancy Dan football doesn't work with average players get promoted first then buy better players and try to adapt your style.

10 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I saw the highlights of Derby on Saturday and they looked an utter shambles. Lamps has got them playing out from the back which would be fine in a Premiership team but not in a Championship team simply because the players aren't comfortable with it and technically they aren't up to it. Tony Cascarino said that Hoddle would get pissed off because he would ask players to do certain things but they couldn't do it yet Hoddle could which is one of the factors not the only one why great players (certainly British ones) don't make good managers.

A long time ago admittedly but when we got relegated in 1988 Bobby Campbell bought possibly the two dirtiest and physical players I've ever seen at Chelsea in Graham Roberts and Peter Nicholas but that's exactly what we needed. I think Lamps should do something similar Fancy Dan football doesn't work with average players get promoted first then buy better players and try to adapt your style.

Yeah definitely agree although some championship teams such as Fulham, Wolves even Swansea previously in the past have shown it can be done but they needed time (or in Wolves case a talented manager and about 50-60M worth of players to good for that level). I think Leeds will have a chance to make a big jump to this style because they have a proven coach in Bielsa who has managed at the likes of Argentina and Chile national teams, Athletic Bilbao as well as other clubs where maybe it hasn't gone so wellbut the guy is renowned and has his reputation as a manager. Even then every coach is trying to be Pep Guardiola disciples in a way, so its normal now to see many coaches try and get these things such as playing out from the back or winning the ball back in 3 seconds etc. I mentioned Gerrard at Rangers, the guy has got them playing proper aggressively, playing to their strengths, defending as a unit and going long playing 40/50 yards directly ot their centre forwards but its working. 

I still think Jody Morris would have been more ready than Lamps but I think Lamps rep as a player probably helped him in landing that job too. 

37 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I still think Jody Morris would have been more ready than Lamps but I think Lamps rep as a player probably helped him in landing that job too. 

More high profile too. But as a team it should work.

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah definitely agree although some championship teams such as Fulham, Wolves even Swansea previously in the past have shown it can be done but they needed time (or in Wolves case a talented manager and about 50-60M worth of players to good for that level). I think Leeds will have a chance to make a big jump to this style because they have a proven coach in Bielsa who has managed at the likes of Argentina and Chile national teams, Athletic Bilbao as well as other clubs where maybe it hasn't gone so wellbut the guy is renowned and has his reputation as a manager. Even then every coach is trying to be Pep Guardiola disciples in a way, so its normal now to see many coaches try and get these things such as playing out from the back or winning the ball back in 3 seconds etc. I mentioned Gerrard at Rangers, the guy has got them playing proper aggressively, playing to their strengths, defending as a unit and going long playing 40/50 yards directly ot their centre forwards but its working. 

Leeds usually implode after a while hope they do again horrible club and fans.