Frank Lampard

DavidEU

52 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Always had allot of away fans.

Still do as it goes so funny when the old bill sent in the SPG in 84 after they smashed our scoreboard some bruised and battered northerners that day. Same coppers giving them the loads of money treatment waving tenners at them on the picket lines a few months later. Saw their firm at FB in 89 nearly all of them had moustaches like a fucking Freddie Mercury lookalike competition :)

18 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Still do as it goes so funny when the old bill sent in the SPG in 84 after they smashed our scoreboard some bruised and battered northerners that day. Same coppers giving them the loads of money treatment waving tenners at them on the picket lines a few months later. Saw their firm at FB in 89 nearly all of them had moustaches like a fucking Freddie Mercury lookalike competition :)

Funny lot them northerners

Only row Ive had with them was mid 80s in a cup match at Peterborough. Leeds everywhere and a car full of us went up cause My Mrs mum n dad live there so had allot of mates there.. Sat in the middle of them in the stands - they had invaded the pitch twice, snow all over the ground. All thru the game they were kicking our seats, taking the piss out of our accents, normal stuff. Then POSH scored and we jumped up and gave them our best honey badger impersonation Five of us lol. Got a nice ride in the cop van lol 

On August 20, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

I saw the highlights of Derby on Saturday and they looked an utter shambles. Lamps has got them playing out from the back which would be fine in a Premiership team but not in a Championship team simply because the players aren't comfortable with it and technically they aren't up to it. Tony Cascarino said that Hoddle would get pissed off because he would ask players to do certain things but they couldn't do it yet Hoddle could which is one of the factors not the only one why great players (certainly British ones) don't make good managers.

A long time ago admittedly but when we got relegated in 1988 Bobby Campbell bought possibly the two dirtiest and physical players I've ever seen at Chelsea in Graham Roberts and Peter Nicholas but that's exactly what we needed. I think Lamps should do something similar Fancy Dan football doesn't work with average players get promoted first then buy better players and try to adapt your style.

I would actually have to disagree there Iggy and say he actually has to stick to his principles if he's planning on going down this route, even if it means a few thumpings, Gary Neville made a point of while at Valencia the beggining of the end for him came in a match where he scrapped the philosophy he was trying to implement and played more basic stuff, the players instantly got back into a comfort zone and didn't really listen to him after that. The Derby squad are still channelled in Rowett ball (which from what i have read makes Pulis's style look open and expansive) it's going to take a while to drum that out of the squad and if he says fuck it and reverts to Rowetts style even for a brief period, the players will mentally get comfortable again and it will spell curtains for what he's trying to do.

AVB with us is another example, for all the critics of his high line, it was reverting to the previous few gaffers tactics to get those results vs Valencia and City that ultimately saw to him. Although we won the CL thanks to it, winning it with a squad that flawed was a once in a lifetime anomaly.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I would actually have to disagree there Iggy and say he actually has to stick to his principles if he's planning on going down this route, even if it means a few thumpings, Gary Neville made a point of while at Valencia the beggining of the end for him came in a match where he scrapped the philosophy he was trying to implement and played more basic stuff, the players instantly got back into a comfort zone and didn't really listen to him after that. The Derby squad are still channelled in Rowett ball (which from what i have read makes Pulis's style look open and expansive) it's going to take a while to drum that out of the squad and if he says fuck it and reverts to Rowetts style even for a brief period, the players will mentally get comfortable again and it will spell curtains for what he's trying to do.

AVB with us is another example, for all the critics of his high line, it was reverting to the previous few gaffers tactics to get those results vs Valencia and City that ultimately saw to him. Although we won the CL thanks to it, winning it with a squad that flawed was a once in a lifetime anomaly.

I know what your saying but managers aren't given a lot of time these days to impose their methods and with Lamps being so high profile I think the pressure will be on quicker than if he was a relatively unknown manager. AVB had done well at Porto while this is Lamps first job and what I think he needs is an experienced no 2 not someone like Jody Morris who's experience is the Chelsea youth team who are the equivalent of the Harem Globetrotters when it comes to youth football.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Derby got United in the League Cup. Mourinho v Lampard...

Assuming Mou will still be in the job :D Hopefully they will stick with him for a long time. A fantastic challenge for Lamps for sure.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, Jason said:

Lampard's Derby have gone downhill a bit since the opening Championship game. Back-to-back losses after that late win at Reading. 

Ever since I posted that, Derby have won 4 games on the trot, including 3 in the Championship! :lol: 

(they'll probably lose their next 4 now :ph34r:)

• 2 weeks later...

Now I love big Frank allot and it's great seeing him getting on well in his 1st managers job. And I suppose its handy to be able to trust him with loanees but I just hope that hes not EXPECTING us to bend over backwards for him and these players we are LOANING him are coming home to us at the end.

The cheeky bugga not only took those 2 of which they are among our youth with most potential but he also wanted young Ethan!

Frank Lampard names the Chelsea player he desperately wanted to sign at Derby County this summer

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/frank-lampard-names-the-chelsea-player-he-desperately-wanted-to-sign-at-derby-county-this-summer

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Now I love big Frank allot and it's great seeing him getting on well in his 1st managers job. And I suppose its handy to be able to trust him with loanees but I just hope that hes not EXPECTING us to bend over backwards for him and these players we are LOANING him are coming home to us at the end.

The cheeky bugga not only took those 2 of which they are among our youth with most potential but he also wanted young Ethan!

Frank Lampard names the Chelsea player he desperately wanted to sign at Derby County this summer

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/frank-lampard-names-the-chelsea-player-he-desperately-wanted-to-sign-at-derby-county-this-summer

We should have loaned him Luiz.:P

20 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Lampard sent off yesterday :D 

t got ummmm heated didn't it lol Frank was outside his area and was shouting at the ref but Rotherham manager was out of his area too when the fight was kicking off  - Lawrence deserved the red for that tackle tho.

The sending off is in the bottom vid and can see the lead up to it

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11499133/watch-frank-lampard-sent-off-as-derby-are-beaten-by-rotherham

Post match interview