Frank Lampard

DavidEU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, Laylabelle said:

He got such a amazing reception and deserved it. Nice he came round again at the end as well! 

Lamps is a total class act. The rest of my life I will judge all MFers against him. Almost all will not measure up.

There are zero in today's game who I rate over him in his peak years.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Quality, true footballing genius, transcends eras. Greaves and Chopper are transcendent. I am sure the older crew will back me up.

Okay, but how did Makelele and Hazard make the god list ahead of JT, Drogba, Osgood and Zola though?

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

Okay, but how did Makelele and Hazard make the god list ahead of JT, Drogba, Osgood and Zola though?

Zola would be next then Drogba, then Osgood.

We all have our personal biases.

I literally cried as a 13 year old when we sold Tiago to Lyon in the summer of 2005. Mourinho has said repeatedly that was one of his biggest transfer mistakes ever.

He was a superb CMF, Goals were not his focus, but here are his CFC ones:

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Zola would be next then Drogba, then Osgood.

We all have our personal biases.

I literally cried as a 13 year old when we sold Thiago to Lyon in the summer of 2005. Mourinho has said repeatedly that was one of his biggest transfer mistakes ever.

He was a superb CMF, Goals were not his focus, but here are his CFC ones:

I have no idea why you randomly brought up Tiago :D But yes, I remember thinking he was a good player, even though I was a kid and don't remember much about that time.

Here is my top 5 god list just because I'm bored:
Lampard
JT
Drogba
Cech
Zola (seen him play very little when I was young, don't remember much, but recognize his quality, contribution, love and loyalty to us. Put him 5th because I watched the above names regularly).

If I had to pick only players I saw, then Ashley would take Zola's spot, Magnificent full-back, best I've seen. To think we once had all of them in one team, man... Sometimes I think we underachieved with that squad by fucking around with shit managers. If we'd got King Carlo straight after Mourinho I think this squad would have fulfilled its potential to higher level.

• 2 months later...