Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Because he didn't get proper physical preparation like they did, according to the normal schedule, Lamps would be hitting his peak starting this period of the season, unlucky, the MLS is already over, he had to take a break from his season with City and thus missed the preparation.

I'm quite convined that him training with us for 1 or 2 months would absolutely boost the confidence of the players.

Bring Drogba too and the spirits are 100% high in no time, that generation had some unique stuff about them, the only ones I can compare them to mentally from this one might be Willian and Azpi ( surely Begovic but he isn't an outfield player ).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"I do worry about where the real personalities of the team are," Lampard told the Daily Mail.

"To be a big team, you have to have big personalities. I don't want to sound like I am harking back to the days of me and John and Ashley Cole and Petr Cech and Didier Drogba but I do see a team now where John is the last mainstay of that identity.

"We had a fantastic spirit at Chelsea. We are kind of famous for it now. People criticised us for it to try to take away the gloss of what we were doing. Maybe Chelsea are looking for a more beautiful way now. 

"The club has been trying to push it down that route with the players they have recruited over the last four or five years. 

"The problem is if you fall in the middle, somewhere between tough and beautiful. It's nice football at times but it's not that nice and it's not really winning games. It's not beautiful, beautiful stuff. 

"They need to buy two or three big players. Because being 11th in the Premier League is ridiculous for Chelsea."

I think a lot of supporters will agree with the emboldened portion of the quote. There is no clear cut identity to our style of play at the moment, so the next window will be crucial to see if we can finally get it right....both with manager and with players.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

I think a lot of supporters will agree with the emboldened portion of the quote. There is no clear cut identity to our style of play at the moment, so the next window will be crucial to see if we can finally get it right....both with manager and with players.

Not really sure about that as our main problem this season. We win double last season with most of the time only JT as a starter along the season too, same as this very season. Some might blame Jose, or some might blame bunch of players who didn't perform well up to their usual level. At the moment, under Guus, I'm beginning to see our so called 'identity' back, if you ask me.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:
2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

More because of injuries than performance. Its worth mentioning, though, that he and Pirlo do not work hard enough for the team.

More because of injuries than performance. Its worth mentioning, though, that he and Pirlo do not work hard enough for the team.

What did they think they were getting Superfrank of 2005 ?

Chelsea FC should immediately employ him to coach the youngsters in all manner of the game. If they don't Citeh will.

In your own time Roman....