Frank Lampard

DavidEU

So he needs to stay fit for City's sister club, and he joins City for six months to do that?

Didn't see this coming but don't know if he had any other realistic choices. Hopefully he doesn't play too much but he's probably their fourth best midfielder now.

Sucks but that's life.

So he needs to stay fit for City's sister club, and he joins City for six months to do that?

Didn't see this coming but don't know if he had any other realistic choices. Hopefully he doesn't play too much but he's probably their fourth best midfielder now.

Sucks but that's life.

Disappointing.

See this is where I'm maybe a little old-fashioned but I don't really hate City.

People who would rather a Chelsea legend go to QPR is beyond bewildering. I'm sure these people would be fine with him going to Leeds as well.

It's not nice seeing him in any other shirt but he's a professional footballer. He doesn't owe us a thing because he gave us EVERYTHING he had on the pitch.

Personally I'd rather go to City than QPR as well.

Some of the comments on Twitter are worryingly RAWKish though.

I don't hate City either but I'd much prefer he went to QPR than to our biggest title rivals.

If he's on loan for a season, he'll be part of their trophy celebrations/parades if they win anything. Just the idea of him coming back to the PL in such a 'direct' way is sickening, at least if it's relegation fodder it's not so bad.

I think it's just until March.

Edited by LeChels_

City, huh? Weird. Gotta be a financial ploy. Maybe they're paying him what he wants. If he just wanted to keep himself fit, couldn't he have just stayed with us and trained with the first team like Henry did his first year with Red Bulls in off season and I think Beckham did in the Galaxy off season?

My bad all, I neglected to realize that the two teams are jointly owned by the same people. Makes sense.

Apparently, signing for a team that shares Man City colors, owners, finances, etc is completely different than signing to Man City. Naive people.

How's that naive? In the first instance he's not playing for a direct rival of ours whilst in the second instance he is. That's a big difference.

City, huh? Weird. Gotta be a financial ploy. Maybe they're paying him what he wants. If he just wanted to keep himself fit, couldn't he have just stayed with us and trained with the first team like Henry did his first year with Red Bulls in off season and I think Beckham did in the Galaxy off season?

My bad all, I neglected to realize that the two teams are jointly owned by the same people. Makes sense.

How's that naive? In the first instance he's not playing for a direct rival of ours whilst in the second instance he is. That's a big difference.

They dont start until 2015...

Where would man city owners want their signings to play for? Im sure both lampard/villa knew beforehand that they was a good chance they would be going to man city for a bit before the mls season.

They dont start until 2015...

Where would man city owners want their signings to play for? Im sure both lampard/villa knew beforehand that they was a good chance they would be going to man city for a bit before the mls season.

Ya, I realized that after the fact. I meant to write "Edit:.." In there to bring that to light. It makes sense to keep your assets tight.

Apparently, signing for a team that shares Man City colors, owners, finances, etc is completely different than signing to Man City.

Naive people.

That word describes yourself. That is a ridiculous comment. I am not going to explain why because others already have.