Frank Lampard

DavidEU

The way the owner and the board (Pass the) Buck, and Gormlessly have acted over this has been absolutely shameful. Some of our fans haven't been any better. This isn't a case of Darren Wood, Gareth Hall or Peter Nicholas running down their contract. This is Frank Lampard, over 500 appearences, over 190 goals, an almighty figurehead in the fabric of our history.

Personally, I couldn't give two fucks about the wedge he is on. Roman caused the sharp increase in wages when he brought in Ballack and Shevchenko on big, big wages, without thinking that Lamps and JT may rightly expect the same.

This man has been class for our club and deserves better from his employer, much, much better. The silence from the club is deafening. Spineless bunch of total cunts. Listening to the radio today, it seems that Man Ure will possibly be on the cards. Personally speaking, Wherever he goes, he goes with my blessing, be that Man Ure, The Arse, Rottenham, you name it. As long as he doesn't do a Cole and Sturridge and start banging on about their new club being the biggest in the world, blah, blah fucking blah. And no badge kissing either please. Lamps is a class act and he wouldn't go down that cheap route.

The club's attitude in recent months has soured the Champions League win for me somewhat. They have been pathetic and brought us down to a laughing stock in the football world. I think Bayen will have Guardiola too, which will leave us with......................FSW, oh fucking dandy ho. Pep would have to be insane to come here. What manager in his right mind would?, which is why we end up with dregs like FSW.

Personally, I couldn't give two fucks about the wedge he is on. Roman caused the sharp increase in wages when he brought in Ballack and Shevchenko on big, big wages, without thinking that Lamps and JT may rightly expect the same.

Based on the information available, both Terry and Lampard earned roughly £30,000 p/w more than Ballack did. Whilst their arrival did help him get such a wage, it was actually the leverage that his agent used of a possible move to Inter that led to such a wage hike.

This man has been class for our club and deserves better from his employer, much, much better. The silence from the club is deafening. Spineless bunch of total cunts. Listening to the radio today, it seems that Man Ure will possibly be on the cards. Personally speaking, Wherever he goes, he goes with my blessing, be that Man Ure, The Arse, Rottenham, you name it. As long as he doesn't do a Cole and Sturridge and start banging on about their new club being the biggest in the world, blah, blah fucking blah. And no badge kissing either please. Lamps is a class act and he wouldn't go down that cheap route.

When does the club ever comment on these types of things?

The club's attitude in recent months has soured the Champions League win for me somewhat. They have been pathetic and brought us down to a laughing stock in the football world. I think Bayen will have Guardiola too, which will leave us with......................FSW, oh fucking dandy ho. Pep would have to be insane to come here. What manager in his right mind would?, which is why we end up with dregs like FSW.

You make a fair point here. If we don't get Guardiola then that's a big blow to our plans and if they appoint Benitez on a permanent basis then all hell may break loose. I actually think there's a lot to attract someone like Pep to this club but that's a point for another thread.

The way the owner and the board (Pass the) Buck, and Gormlessly have acted over this has been absolutely shameful. Some of our fans haven't been any better. This isn't a case of Darren Wood, Gareth Hall or Peter Nicholas running down their contract. This is Frank Lampard, over 500 appearences, over 190 goals, an almighty figurehead in the fabric of our history.

I've actually defended the board on a number of issues, this being one. We're in transition and that pertains to the tactics as much as anything. Put simply, Lampard's position (where he made that history) doesn't exist on the pitch anymore. More importantly, we've done about as well as any club could be expected to replace him with young players with massive potential. Just like when Frank joined the club and Wisey left, we'll move on (yes I'm aware of the difference in quality).

This is what happens in football. It's what makes it great. Players become legends and then move aside. It happened with Osgood, it happened with Dixon, it happened with Zola and it will happen with Lamps. But they'll never stop being part of the Chelsea family.

You make a fair point here. If we don't get Guardiola then that's a big blow to our plans and if they appoint Benitez on a permanent basis then all hell may break loose. I actually think there's a lot to attract someone like Pep to this club but that's a point for another thread.

I am capable of the occasional worthy point, you know, now and again.

And I thank you for your candid and forthright responses though. Just a thought, we do need to tread carefully. It's going to be very dull if we start agreeing with each others posts :halo:

Don't get why your so angry with the board. He's a 35 y old player who doesn't fit into the team anymore and isn't good enough to start. Why on earth would we want to give him a new deal with the same wages as if he were a starter. He has a contract and it's running out at the end of the season. The club decided to not renew it. The board didn't do anything wrong. This is actually a very sensible decison.

Also you criticise the board for being silent but for me it's crystal clear what's on their mind. "We don't wanna renew his contract" so why would they have to come out and say it when it's clear for everyone what they want ?

Don't get why your so angry with the board. He's a 35 y old player who doesn't fit into the team anymore and isn't good enough to start. Why on earth would we want to give him a new deal with the same wages as if he were a starter. He has a contract and it's running out at the end of the season. The club decided to not renew it. The board didn't do anything wrong. This is actually a very sensible decison.

Also you criticise the board for being silent but for me it's crystal clear what's on their mind. "We don't wanna renew his contract" so why would they have to come out and say it when it's clear for everyone what they want ?

an excellent post but it won't make you popular ..suggest you put body armour on

It is not clear to anyone what the board wants.

They could be silent because they could still be evaluating if they will offer him a new contract or not, or even if it will be a recuded one. How would they realse any statement on something they don't already know?

You don't have any facts to prove it is crystal clear that the board does not want to renew. The odds are strongly in your favour, but you can't claim it yet.

Funny how the board wants to save money on one of the greatest players and persons ever to have played for this club while Torres keeps his huge wages. Nevermind the fact Lamps still is very useful and one who actually contributes to the team.

Money has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm 100% sure.

This is Roman Abramovich personally dealing with problems only he sees. Stubborn and stupid, if you ask me. But the club is his toy anyways, so nothing more to be said really.

Just hope I'll be alive when a better person and player plays for Chelsea than Frank Lampard.

It is not clear to anyone what the board wants.

They could be silent because they could still be evaluating if they will offer him a new contract or not, or even if it will be a recuded one. How would they realse any statement on something they don't already know?

You don't have any facts to prove it is crystal clear that the board does not want to renew. The odds are strongly in your favour, but you can't claim it yet.

If the club wanted to give Lampard an extension it would have been sorted by now. He's leaving. I just hope he and his agent don't sour his final months at the club because what they're doing now is disgraceful.

If the club wanted to give Lampard an extension it would have been sorted by now. He's leaving. I just hope he and his agent don't sour his final months at the club because what they're doing now is disgraceful.

:doh:

I am saying what if the club does not know what they want to do yet. Where have I said they want to extend?

:doh:

I am saying what if the club does not know what they want to do yet. Where have I said they want to extend?

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Of course the club knows what it wants to do. Their silence is deafening. Players are given extensions long before they enter the final few months of their deal. If you remember Lampard and his agent began leaking stuff to the press about a new deal early last season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8959725/Chelsea-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-reveals-that-Frank-Lampard-has-asked-for-a-contract-extension.html

The club wasn't interested then and they're quite clearly not interested now. If you want to keep a player you don't let him enter the final few months of his contract without offering him a new deal.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Players are given extensions long before they enter the final few months of their deal. If you remember Lampard and his agent began leaking stuff to the press about a new deal early last season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8959725/Chelsea-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-reveals-that-Frank-Lampard-has-asked-for-a-contract-extension.html

The club wasn't interested then and they're quite clearly not interested now. If you want to keep a player you don't let him enter the final few months of his contract without offering him a new deal.

Have you ever heard of doubt?

They could very well not know what is best and they could be waiting to give a final review of Lampard in the end of the season, giving a final word (positive or negative) afterwards.

I am working on assumptions and trying to find hope. On the other hand, you post like you know for sure what Roman wants...

Have you ever heard of doubt?

Yes but there is clearly no doubt here. This decision was made a long time ago. What you're not accepting is that players usually sign new deals with 12-24 months left on their contracts. If Lampard was going to get a new deal he would have been given one a LONG time ago.

an excellent post but it won't make you popular ..suggest you put body armour on

Thanks Zolayes. Yeah i know i tried to stay away from this topic and refrain myself from posting but It annoyed me to no end how some fans seem to think that not giving a renewal is some sort of insult or attack on Frank Lampard's legacy.Or that this club will cease to exist when Lampard leaves.

Well, for a start, a reason why they don't wish to renew his contract. If it's money then let it be known. If it's because those footballing experts Buck, Gourlay and Abramovich have decreed that he isn't good enough any more then, let us know. It can't make them look any more pathetic than they do already. Every ex player/manager and his dog are expressing surprise that the club are acting like this, and they are right to be. As I said, this isn't some fucking journeyman player. This is an iconic figure who has excelled in his 500+ games and deserves better.

Something nagging away at me with regards to all of this, maybe going back to last season. Knowing Roman's fucked up thinking, I wouldn't be surprised he he binned AVB and appointed RDM, thinking that RDM would fail and the fans calling for AVB's head would be proved wrong. RDM only went and won the FA Cup and the Campions League, putting RA in a difficult positon, so he waited for the first available opportunity and binned RDM. There is every chance he hold's both Lamps and Ash at least partly responsible for the demise of AVB, given the fact that they were both regularly benched by AVB.

Anyway, I veer off somewhat, but my opinion in any case.

Something nagging away at me with regards to all of this, maybe going back to last season. Knowing Roman's fucked up thinking, I wouldn't be surprised he he binned AVB and appointed RDM, thinking that RDM would fail and the fans calling for AVB's head would be proved wrong. RDM only went and won the FA Cup and the Campions League, putting RA in a difficult positon, so he waited for the first available opportunity and binned RDM. There is every chance he hold's both Lamps and Ash at least partly responsible for the demise of AVB, given the fact that they were both regularly benched by AVB.

The last thing we need in this discussion is conspiracy theories.