Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I'll be fine AS LONG AS he has a testimonial for us before he moves into coaching. With us.

I would not be surprised if he ends up making a Vieira. I see it coming. After all, they will still be their employers for the next 2-3 years and as things turned out in the end, he probably will have in the future a closer relationship with City than to Chelsea.

He might not even become a good coach, why on Earth do people think every legend leaving us should automatically join our coaching staff? Just because you are a good striker doesn't mean you are a good defender and the same concept applies here. If this was the case every single football club will be filled with ex players and people like Jose would never be able to coach a top team.

Same with Drogba, Cech, Cole and others. They NEED TO PROVE THEMSELVES AS GOOD COACHES 1ST. This is done by getting badges, training...etc and maybe work at a smaller club 1st to show their potential if they have any at all. Being a good player doesn't mean a good coach, as many players like Shearer and others found out.

just read a moving interview from Don Claudio Ranieri - Don Claudio states Supah Frank was the Best player that he managed during his career

claudio-ranieri-frank-lampard-chelsea_33

And surprise, surprise..the title of the article says Chelsea legend. And that's the way it will be.

He might forever have a Man City tag attached, but he'll always be a Chelsea legend, simply because of the fact that for all the great many trophies he's won, he's won ZERO with City.

Actually what I really dislike is that the fact that he is lying. No more than that. If only he could just straight go signed with City after leaving, saying he would want to playing in PL for one more year with whatever reason he couldn't get it at Chelsea, I don't really care. Nobody will 'blame' or 'hate' him.

Are the same people critical of Lampard going to turn on Cech if he moves to Arsenal or United? What about if Drogba signs for another prem team?

I know what Lampard said, but things in life change and don't always take the path you plan. It made complete sense that Lampard find a team to play football with when he left Chelsea otherwise he would have kicked his heels for months waiting for the MLS season which would have ruined him at his age. Seeing as he signed for New York City, Man City took the opportunity they were presented with and given their UEFA sanctions they needed more homegrown players.

I didn't like seeing Lampard in a City shirt, but I love looking back at old Chelsea footage of him scoring critical goals and helping us win trophies. It's pathetic if people cannot forgive someone who literally gave everything to our football club. And I mean literally because he wasn't the most technically gifted player but drove himself to be, alongside Drogba, our most potent weapon in the most successful era of this club.

Good logic considering Drogba left last season. The only reason you speak this way is because he didn't go to a Premier League club. Without Frank, half these players wouldn't be at the club still because we wouldn't of won the amount of trophies we have.

He was a quality player in past Chelsea teams but he wasn't the sole reason behind the trophies Chelsea has won over the years