Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Maybe I am the only one who is relieved to know that Antoine Griezmann has joined Atletico. Glad the rumour we are chasing him is finally off, not because he is bad, but because his position is the last we needed at the moment.

Maybe I am the only one who is relieved to know that Antoine Griezmann has joined Atletico. Glad the rumour we are chasing him is finally off, not because he is bad, but because his position is the last we needed at the moment.

The same applies to Reus IMO. There hasn't been a lot of rumours about us wanting him, but a lot of people here keep saying we should go for him. Great player, but he isn't what we need.

I was just browsing the Southampton forum and it's hard not to feel sorry for the fans tbh, their best season in years and now that team is getting ripped apart...

Do those people also cry and wallow in misery when Southampton offer players from smaller clubs higher wages to join them? Why should those smaller clubs then "improve their club as a sporting entity"? Oh what a shame, won't someone think of the children? :rolleyes:

Professional football is a food chain, they just happen to be in the middle - a smaller link than some, a bigger link than most.

This is supposed to be the best league in the world, yet it’s a league where financial fair play does more to create a monopoly for the top clubs than it does to actually create a level playing field. A league where football clubs have become rich commodities for the super rich, it’s just business to them, nothing more than business. The purity of the game that I’ve been so in love with at grassroots level over the last 16 years is simply non-existent at the top level. Why hire a good coach when he’ll be poached by a wealthier club, why invest in youth when the best players move to the bigger clubs? That’s not sportsmanship, that’s not ethical in a sporting sense. Why invest any time in improving your club as a sporting entity when the commercially rich clubs will just swop and purchase all your hard work or worse still the owners will sell to satisfy business needs. I honestly think I’ll stick with grass roots, watch some amateur games & lower league football. Its more honest, its pure, its not corrupt, its not business… its just sport and that’s what I like… sport

Even though I feel bad for the Southampton fans...

When mid-table clubs over-achieve, their best players will be poached, that's just the way it is

For example when Aston Villa kept finishing in the top 7 for consecutive seasons, their best players eventually left the club

Hope we can get Remy or Bony, we can't run with Costa, Torres and Drogba

I honestly don't understand whats the thing with Bony. Sure he is ok but people forget he was playing for Vitesse and we didn't got him.

Why would we want him now when we need to pay more for him?

I honestly don't understand whats the thing with Bony. Sure he is ok but people forget he was playing for Vitesse and we didn't got him.

Why would we want him now when we need to pay more for him?

Because:

1- we didn't know lukaku will leave us at that time.

1- he is a proven goal scorer in the EPL now.